Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just a heads up to people uploading Eurosport vids, my youtube account just got deleted I had a ton of vids and a ton of subscribers, this really sucks. I had a bunch ODs and FDs from 02 and 06 Olympics up and thats what did me in (and a copyright to one of the songs from one my montages), be careful from now on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Just a heads up to people uploading Eurosport vids, my youtube account just got deleted I had a ton of vids and a ton of subscribers, this really sucks. I had a bunch ODs and FDs from 02 and 06 Olympics up and thats what did me in (and a copyright to one of the songs from one my montages), be careful from now on.
    Oh Karpenko, noooooooo!!!! I am so sorry this happened to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Oh Karpenko, noooooooo!!!! I am so sorry this happened to you.
    Thanks, I'm contemplating making a new one for my montages only, but it's going to take awhile to build back up and I don't have a lot of the montages that I had up on youtube anymore on my computer. Argh, it's just such a bummer.

vCash
    Ahh that's such a bummer! I'm so sorry that happened, I was subscribed to you too!

Have you considered dailymotion? Over at Goldenskate we had youtube threads for competitions but within hours videos would get taken down after links were posted (someone watching the site). USFSA can't do that with dailymotion though, from what I've read at Goldenskate. It might be worth a shot.

vCash
    Don't rely on Dailymotion. I tried uploading there once. My first montage was flagged and yanked before the second one had finished uploading! And the music for it had been classical!

vCash
    ^Really? That's ridiculous!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Thanks, I'm contemplating making a new one for my montages only, but it's going to take awhile to build back up and I don't have a lot of the montages that I had up on youtube anymore on my computer. Argh, it's just such a bummer.
    ((((((Karpenko)))))))

(Maybe some people who downloaded your videos/montages will be able to send them back to you...)
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I just wanted to thank everyone for all the vid links from this thread.. i've been recovering in bed the past week and its been great to watch all of these so please keep doing what your doing! I especially love the old vid's - midori ito as a little girl was an amazing jumper and the artistry of the skaters in the 70's was really nice.. plus I remember watching so many of those at the time so a trip down memory lane.. thanks
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Sorry for the old account .Let me know wich one you are missing .I have lots of your masterpieces

vCash
    Thanks for the advice you guys and as usual you are such a sweetheart Vicky (I'll send you a PM)

Have anybody that had their youtube accounts deleted here ever had success in creating a new account with a new email? I'm just afraid if I try that then they'll figure out its me and then I'll be frustrated all over again.

vCash
    Yes, I have a new account with a different name and email, but I have a very limited amount of vids in my new account, and they are old quite old - from the 80s and 90s. It was actually a CBS vid that had some NBC footage in it that got my first account cancelled. My observation has been that NBC and now Icenetwork are the networks that are most likely to object to figure skating uploads.

vCash
    I had no idea that happened to you too - ((pollyanna)) I'm glad you have a new account though, I loved the vids you had up!

I decided to create a new one after I read your post, I'm definitely going to be more careful from now on. It'll just be for my montages, I'm gradually adding the ones I have throughout the day so here's a link to my new page if anybody wants to browse through:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Karpenko25

Thanks for all of the support you guys

having a nice day
    vCash
    ATTENTION USFS AND ICENETWORK!
    YouTube Videos Pull In Real Money
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/bu...outube.html?em

YouTube declined to comment on how much money partners earned on average, partly because advertiser demand varies for different kinds of videos. But a spokesman, Aaron Zamost, said “hundreds of YouTube partners are making thousands of dollars a month.”

vCash
    I had no idea that happened to you too - ((pollyanna)) I'm glad you have a new account though, I loved the vids you had up!
    Thanks, but honestly, losing my first account was not a big deal for me. I did have a few hundred vids up, but most of them were vids I made from my skating tapes, and I still have them all on my external drive, so I didn't really lose anything.

I really feel for folks like you, who had beautiful, creative montages, some of which are no longer on your computer. That's devastating. I also felt terrible for TripleAxel who had TONS of vids up that must have taken ages and ages to upload.

Good luck to you, and thank you again for all your creativity and hard work.

Vacant
    vCash
    Well I hope this doesn't get my account deleted but meh - whatever. Here's my newest montage. It's based on Mao's career since the 2007 Worlds with a fair bitof focus on this season.

Mao Asada - Supergirl!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2uXIIo3T8

Watch in HD if you can - the quality is much better. Enjoy!!

vCash
    Guys, You need to be aware:

1. TF1 (French Eurosport) is also flagging videos. I had a 2007 Four Continents British Eurosport vid hit for copyright on youtube by them.

2. A lot of music companies are having vids deleted for copyright infringement on songs.

If USFS wrongly hits one of your videos, the easiest way to get it replaced is:

1. Do not delete the vid stub. Copy down the URL.
    2. Go to the USFS website and pick the Contact option. Explain to them that the competition was not one to which NBC or IceNetwork had rights. Include the URL in the letter. They will send a notification to youtube to put the video back up.
    3. Even if you panicked and deleted the vid without copying down the URL, it's worth sending the letter, because then your second strike will not result in having your account taken down.
    4. If you account is taken down, just start it up again under a new name. tripleaxel and loveskating are on about their 3rd iteration.

If you can get through the Russian part of it, you might try using rutube:

http://www.rutube.ru

Of the Chinese youtube, if you can cope:

http://www.tudou.com

vCash
    ^Thanks Doris. I didn't know you could contact USFSA about vids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Well I hope this doesn't get my account deleted but meh - whatever. Here's my newest montage. It's based on Mao's career since the 2007 Worlds with a fair bitof focus on this season.

Mao Asada - Supergirl!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2uXIIo3T8

Watch in HD if you can - the quality is much better. Enjoy!!
    Wheee it turned out awesome! You have some great shots of Mao in this one, and the phrasing to the music is very good. Nice job!

vCash
    http://clipshare.com.ua/view_video.p...70adcd37004f48
    Look at this - this is Amely dance, but music is from Cirque Du Soleil
    Its so greate - i love it!

vCash
    Heads-up for all monetized montage-makers: Warner's threatening to no longer allow its material on YouTube: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008...-music-youtube According to the article, nothing's been pulled yet...

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast