Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Scott Williams (Michelle Kwan's coach during 2003)
    1998 Stars on Ice Nirvana
    - Love the barrel rolls @ 3:50
    Bolero
    - I wish Michelle stayed with him; I wonder if her Bolero would've been different

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuy View Post
    Scott Williams (Michelle Kwan's coach during 2003)

- I wish Michelle stayed with him; I wonder if her Bolero would've been different
    Why would it have been different? Scott was more of a friend supporting her in 03 than an actual coach. He wouldn't have dared to tell Michelle to not drop Chris Dean's choreography or drop Bolero altogether.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Why would it have been different? Scott was more of a friend supporting her in 03 than an actual coach. He wouldn't have dared to tell Michelle to not drop Chris Dean's choreography or drop Bolero altogether.
    Power of suggestion from a friend vs. a coach dictating what you should and shouldn't do. I'm not saying it would be different, but there's no harm in wondering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gopatrick View Post
    Thanks to U.S. Figure Skating, many skating fans accounts have been shut down
    That seems crazy to me. Even if they ever wanted to issue this stuff and sell it, I would buy it just for the quality. It's not as if watching on youtube is that great, but it does introduce you to the oldies but goodies, and people you never get to see on tv.

I've bought many DVDs and CDs because I saw or heard clips on youtube first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    That seems crazy to me. Even if they ever wanted to issue this stuff and sell it, I would buy it just for the quality. It's not as if watching on youtube is that great, but it does introduce you to the oldies but goodies, and people you never get to see on tv.

You're right, it is simply impossible to buy most of what is on YouTube in shops or elsewhere. I realise that there is a difference between posting the latest contests or events on YouTube and pasting classical events. I can't see how posting Dick Button's Olympic programme could possibly hurt the USFA or ISU. Here in Australia we see no figure skating (NONE) on TV so YouTube is not taking money out of anyone's pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post

Classic case of mind-boggling idiocy on the part of USFS. Guess they figure more fans will be forced to purchase their overpriced icenetwork or more likely they are just so wrapped up in "we own the rights," they fail to realize the value of youtube in promoting their product and educating fans about the history of the sport. They are just shooting themselves in the skate blade and throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Vacant
    vCash
    Add the IOC into that too. Leading up to Vancouver I received a message ordering me to take down ALL my old Olympic footage or else I'd be banned. I had most of the '76 Olympics up I think but they were most concerned with John Curry's performances which had been up since I joined in 2005 and had over 70,000 hits. I had so many messages from youtubers asking why I'd taken it down and they were all pretty disgusted when I tild them why. I have a LOT of other rare stuff that I have not shared on fsvids or youtube because it's more trouble than it's worth sadly. They'll never learn will they?

vCash
    I just lost my youtube account because Eurosport called infringement because I had posted Wing and Lowe's 2003 FD.

What is my surprising, I also lost my Google sites website, which was not about skating and contained nothing but personal content. I am distressed about this, and am trying to get Google to give back access to my website.

However, I would caution anyone else who has a youtube account not to use Google Sites with the same email address.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Add the IOC into that too. Leading up to Vancouver I received a message ordering me to take down ALL my old Olympic footage or else I'd be banned. I had most of the '76 Olympics up I think but they were most concerned with John Curry's performances which had been up since I joined in 2005 and had over 70,000 hits. I had so many messages from youtubers asking why I'd taken it down and they were all pretty disgusted when I tild them why. I have a LOT of other rare stuff that I have not shared on fsvids or youtube because it's more trouble than it's worth sadly. They'll never learn will they?
    That's what I was told by the IOC as well when I uploaded a skate from 2010 but I noticed Kim's skate is still up on youtube, still is, about the only one they haven't taken down. I even had an interview with Aliona Savchenko after they skated with no reference to the Olympics at all and they still demanded it be removed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I just lost my youtube account because Eurosport called infringement because I had posted Wing and Lowe's 2003 FD.

What is my surprising, I also lost my Google sites website, which was not about skating and contained nothing but personal content. I am distressed about this, and am trying to get Google to give back access to my website.

However, I would caution anyone else who has a youtube account not to use Google Sites with the same email address.
    Doris, that's ridiculous.
    I'm so sorry!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzvE...eature=related
    Rachael Flatt at 12 years old. SO.CUTE.
    And they said her fav skater is Michelle Kwan.

Vacant
    vCash
    NEW Midori Ito program!!

I've never seen this before - it is the 1986 Japan free skating championships - not Nationals - and she skated clean with 7 triples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJN9...eature=related

The uploader has a LOT of cool rare vids that I have never seen before so take a look while you're there.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRxjDXpeQzM

Doug Mattis 1994 US Professional Open Championships, Artistic Program

I hadn't seen this before, and got a kick out of it.

vCash
    NEW Midori Ito program!!

I've never seen this before - it is the 1986 Japan free skating championships - not Nationals - and she skated clean with 7 triples

Thanks for the link .

So was that little hop at 2:48 an inside axel with an opposite-foot landing?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    NEW Midori Ito program!!

The uploader has a LOT of cool rare vids that I have never seen before so take a look while you're there.
    1986, imagine that.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    1986, imagine that.
    Yeah, 7 fully rotated triples.
    The 2A+half loop+3sal was a hoot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Fan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzvE...eature=related
    Rachael Flatt at 12 years old. SO.CUTE.
    And they said her fav skater is Michelle Kwan.
    I would have liked to watch that video but it says the youtube account associated with it has been terminated.

vCash
    aw
    I found this, I think it's the same program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRTEEhd9Ts4
    Fast forward to 2:52 to see Rachael.

vCash
    Young B&A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYZRz...eature=related

Lovely....

Plus, the commentary serves to remind me of how much I miss Terry.

Live in Guardian Angel
    vCash
    A parody of a pub of the 90's with Josée Chouinard by the group of humorists RBO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhIio...eature=related

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast