Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Her first element is the layback and she does it in the opposite direction for her. I couldn't even tell until I saw her jump because she did it so well. A layback must be the hardest spin to learn in the opposite direction.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Out of curiosity sake, is there a time limit on copyright? Like, these vids from the 1970s or even earlier, does the copyright still exist on them? (It seems so, but just wondering if someone knows the real answer)
    Copyright goes on for decades and decades. I think for movies, and presumably TV footage, the official time span was 70 years, and it was recently increased by twenty(due to by Disney, since Mickey and his friends were supposed go out of copyright back in 2003 and they couldn't have that).
    It's worth noting that recent rules have decided you can copy and pass around stuff that is not "mainstream," which probably translates to anything the corporations don't care about, or maybe just anything they're not trying to make off of. Though what use they'd have for older videos I'm not sure.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Last edited by bardtoob; 11-08-2008 at 07:04 AM.

vCash
    Thanks to U.S. Figure Skating, many skating fans accounts have been shut down

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Huh???? What's with the dubbed on music?

This is what she actually skated to with the famous encore of 10 double axels in a row....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_cn2...eature=related

The NHK version of this exhibition is way better. She landed 2x/3t 3r 3z and 3f aged 11

ETA: found it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMy_oP2xmR0

vCash
    Midori Ito 1984 Jr. Worlds SP

Midori Ito 1984 Jr. Worlds LP

She came in 3rd behind the great skaters Simone Koch and Karin Hendschke.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 11-08-2008 at 08:22 AM.

vCash

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy38E...eature=related

50% of the skaters on the cnd national team as juvenile/pre-novice skaters!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gopatrick View Post
    Thanks to U.S. Figure Skating, many skating fans accounts have been shut down
    What does US Figure Skating have to do with it? I know they can claim copyright on Icenetwork and ESPN and all that, but can they do that for networks outside the US? That wouldn't make sense.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    What does US Figure Skating have to do with it? I know they can claim copyright on Icenetwork and ESPN and all that, but can they do that for networks outside the US? That wouldn't make sense.
    Please see: Digital Millennium Copyright Act

vCash
    Last edited by bardtoob; 11-10-2008 at 06:00 AM.

vCash

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Zoueva & Vitman FD - yes THAT Marina Zoueva
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNzwNNOYY3A
    Flashback to 1978 and the female commentator says almost at the end of the program that the Soviet team hasn't gotten a response from the Skate Canada crowd, but then pan to the crowd clapping away as the male commentator notes the enthusiastic reaction. Deja vu all over again
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Best LP ever from Sasha Cohen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifDo6...eature=related

I know some people criticize this version of Swan Lake choreographed by Robin Wagner (I don't agree with those people; it's still a good program, albeit totally different from the original one), but you can't deny that this performance is simply fantastic. Every jump, spin, the spirals--down to the fingertips at the exact correct moment of music, the expression, the ease of it. She still makes me excited about skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    The NHK version of this exhibition is way better. She landed 2x/3t 3r 3z and 3f aged 11

ETA: found it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMy_oP2xmR0
    Wow, every time I watch old videos of Midori, I wonder how she is not a multiple-time World & Olympic champion. It makes me really sad. Nearly 20 years after her historic triple axel and there is still no one who can match the technical content she had at her very best. There needs to be a "we're not worthy" icon for Midori!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Wow, every time I watch old videos of Midori, I wonder how she is not a multiple-time World & Olympic champion. It makes me really sad. Nearly 20 years after her historic triple axel and there is still no one who can match the technical content she had at her very best. There needs to be a "we're not worthy" icon for Midori!
    Yes! Totally.

I know Mao comes very close and not take anything away from her amazing accomplishments, but frankly, Midori truly is always going to be in a field of her own when it came to her greatest technical ability.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    There are few men who can do the 3axel as well as Midori did it. I have yet to see a woman do it the same way although Mao's is perhaps the "prettiest" when done well out of the latest group of ladies to do it. No one can match Midori's power though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    OMG, It's Julia Soldatova's Shower Curtain program!

1999 Skate America LP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqlu22kcTs

I used to watch this program over and over and over and over again...I just couldn't help myself!

Also, the LPs from this event for Cupcake and Kween are up, too.

(Kween's 1st LP version of Red Violin, even with the fall --> )

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast