• only 2 (what they already have)

15 14.15%

9 8.49%

13 12.26%

14 13.21%

55 51.89%
    vCash

How many world and olympic titles will Volosozhar & Trankov win

Volosozhar & Trankov are planning to continue to 2018. How many world and Olympic titles shall they have. They are skipping worlds due to an unfortunate injury so have 4 more chances at it. I am sure they will skip either 2018 worlds or a world mid quad. They could end up with as many as 6 and be known as the best team of all time.

vCash
    3. They already have 2 Olympic golds and 1 world title and they have retired so that is all they will ever win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    3. They already have 2 Olympic golds and 1 world title and they have retired so that is all they will ever win.
    I must have missed the retirement announcement. Where did you see it?

vCash
    I didn't know that they were planning on continuing to 2018, when did they say this?
    Bringing bitchy back like Anabelle Langlois

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    I didn't know that they were planning on continuing to 2018, when did they say this?
    It was mentioned in several posts before the 2014 Olympics. It will be hard to find those specific posts, but may be someone wants to dig into it.

AFAIK there has not been an official retirement announcement. I believe they will want to continue a little longer. They have been skating with each other for just 3 years, and they may want to compete more.

vCash
    They are the heavy favorites to win the 2015 worlds, 2017 worlds, and 2018 Olympics so probably 6 to go with the 3 they already have. They have said they are skipping the 2016 worlds to take a break.

vCash
    Unless there are some who think they wont compete at another worlds or olympics (and no they havent retired yet), I dont understand all the "2" votes. If they compete at even one more worlds they are 90% likely to win it. S&S are gone, who else is there to beat them unless they crash and burn. Anyway as another poster mentioned they already have won 3 world and olympic titles so 2 is impossible anyhow.

vCash
    They will probably go undefeated until 2018, not just in major events but all competitions. With S&S retired who is there to challenge them. No up and comers besides Stolbova & Klimov, who train under the same coach so aren't even #1 at the club. Duhamel & Radford are older than V&T and only have a year or two at most left as contenders, and can never beat V&T.

vCash
    I think they will own the next 4 years. I think their goal is to become the best ever, or atleast top 3 all time, and they know they probably aren't quite there yet so will want to dominate much longer and leave a bigger legacy.

vCash
    They will win as many as they choose to enter. So if they choose to skate up to and including the 2018 worlds they will win 7 individual total, 9 total counting their 2 team Olympic golds. Should they choose to take a break in the middle of this quad and not go to the 2018 worlds after the Games it will be 4 or 5 individual total and 6 or 7 adding the team golds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irinayunafanatc View Post
    Duhamel & Radford are older than V&T and only have a year or two at most left as contenders, and can never beat V&T.
    Anybody can beat anybody depending on injury, illness or just a bad day, besides Duhamel is only 5 months older than Volosozhar and Trankov will be 31 this year and Radford is 29 so anyone can still be contenders.

They've already won 3 Olympic/World gold medals so I'm not sure who voted for 2, they already broke that record; if they do make it to 2018 they could win or not, just like Kim. Anything is possible.

vCash
    I couldn't see Duhamel & Radford even being contenders by 2018. Only a truly great team like V&T, S&Z, or S&S can be contenders in their mid 30s which D&R are not. I also couldn't see D&R beating V&T in either short or long term, even on a really splatty day for V&T, unless they improve a ton, and/or V&T regress. Right now Stolbova & Klimov might be able to beat V&T if they are spot on perfect and V&T have several falls, but even that scenario took place at Europeans and they barely won the LP and weren't even close to winning so who knows.

vCash
    They already have 3. They have a good shot at 9, and should get atleast 7.

vCash
    However many they contend for injury-free. I don't see any team really challenging them anytime soon. They were rock solid during the GPs last season - i.e. in competitions in which they were clear favorites and very low-pressure situations. They did falter at the GPF when more pressure was on and also weren't totally perfect at the Olympics (mega-pressure!), but now that they are OGM, combined with a fairly depleted pairs field, I think the pressure is totally off for them and they'll just breeze through this next quad title-collecting (provided they stay healthy and stick around).

vCash
    Nobody can beat them if they skate well. It depends all on motivation, health, and how long they want to do this.

vCash
    I think they will win as many as they enter, unless an injury really flares up, or S&K improve immensely. I think S&K are the only real challengers to them right now, and that's still a long shot. We'll see what Savchenko and Massot will do, but I have a feeling they'll never even be as good as Aliona and Robin were.

vCash
    Aliona and Robin were huge threats to V&T always, who won the majority of their meetings in 2011-2014. So if S&M are not as good as S&S, but if they are still quite good, could still be a potential threat to V&T. On days V&T make mistakes that is, but that isn't foreign to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygagafan View Post
    Aliona and Robin were huge threats to V&T always, who won the majority of their meetings in 2011-2014. So if S&M are not as good as S&S, but if they are still quite good, could still be a potential threat to V&T. On days V&T make mistakes that is, but that isn't foreign to them.
    I doubt S&M will even be as good as even S&K, ever, but I always could be wrong.

vCash
    V&T will probably win the same number of big events they enter without a big implosion. Their days of real competition ended the day S&S split.