Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    At the time of his release there were posts that the Hungarian Fed had paid USFS to release him early, unlike his partner Morgan Matthews, and that he had to pay back the Hungarian Fed. If I had a major debt hanging over my head, I would love to have a salary, too, especially if my partner's health issues -- not her fault -- made it difficult to compete.
    It wasn´t attack on Maxim from my side I was only describing reality how it is. Even if sad, it is understandable from both of them (Maxim have been asked to continue with another partners but he several times refused).

vCash
    Good Lord, but what health issues does Nora have so that she even can't compete anymore? There was no news of anything so serious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Otar was quitting, he did not want to training hard ever more. Nora´s bad health and Zavozin´s love of having salary decided the split. He is coaching and her status is unknown but as far as I know she would not able able to continue Ice Dance on high level.
    Thanks for the info, Oubik, even though the news is bad
    I wish all the best for Nora, Maxim and Otar. It feels so sad that Nora never could win a major medal in senior level. She is one of my all-time-favourite female ice dancers, not only because she is and

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'll miss her.

Although he's only 26, unless there's a baby Hungarian dancer around, not only would he need a release from the Hungarian Fed to skate as early as a senior B in February/March with a partner from another country, but they could demand $$$ from a new fed that would make him pay that money back (or at least his new partner's parents).

No wonder he wants to work/coach.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Where will Maks Z. be coaching? In Hungary, in Russia, in the US?
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Where will Maks Z. be coaching? In Hungary, in Russia, in the US?
    Now it´s Russia, I think it´s Odincovo? Maybe some more knowledgable person can confirm.

vCash
    Here there are a few lines about Nora and Maxim. I guess, they just state the uncertainty of the situation, but can somebody give an exact translation?

vCash
    It doesn't say much, it says that they have withdrawn from the GP and definitely won't compete this fall and the future is uncertain. Nora told the Hungarian Fed they're not prepared for the GP, and rumour is that Zavozin is inclined to call it quits and is being persuaded to continue.
    Don't you find it worrying that doctors call treating you their "practice" ?

vCash
    Thanks a lot for the translation! I actually thought it was Nora who decided to quit due to health issues, as it was mentioned in this thread before.

vCash
    Nora gave a radio interview yesterday in a hungarian radio.

This year they got only 1 gp invitation. So they decided that postponed the prepare of the season. Under the present conditions they would not continue skating.

They trained in Moscow, but they could not 100% focused on their preparation, because there is always hovering over their heads that they can take a coach to bring the races, they can then e-book, there will be nothing to eat. This was affecting their work, spiritually, and they have lived in this constant stress is not good for either of them.

Currently, new federation is promising great support and enough money. At last, they can concentrate only on training. Maxim began training children during the summer to be able to provide financial security. It is not known yet, he wanted to come to compete or not. Unfortunately, it is conceivable that the Nora-Max pair splits.

Max received all the support in America and in the last 2-3 years it has not been granted. This series was disappointing to him ... Max skated well, but it is not scored. In America it was not so. Max is tired of this.

Nora will continue cometing only with a very good partner.

Nora is bitter and don't want to finish her career like this. She had much of the rest in the summer, but he missed skating.

Currently they are training together in Moscow and maybe they will get 1-2 invitation to show in the future...

Currently we are waiting for Max's decision...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Nora gave a radio interview yesterday in a hungarian radio.
    Nora will continue cometing only with a very good partner.
    Nora is bitter and don't want to finish her career like this.
    I wish so much that Nora can continue and find a good partner, her ice dancing Trankov! She should have won at least Euro medals.
    Közönöm, Shaba22!

vCash
    I feel quite bad for the both of them. Max is obviously frustrated, based on what you wrote, money seems to be an issue for both of them... It's too bad. I wish them both the best of luck.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They may have gotten 1 GP, but they were close to the top of the alternates list and would have gotten a second.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    This is a new tv-interview with Nora Hoffmann and Viktoria Pavuk:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNxWQAPMaGM

The situation about Nora & Max is unchanged. Max is now training skaters in Moscow. Nora live in Budapest. (She is training kids as I know, but she doesn't say anything about it.)
    There is a new situation right now, because elected a new skating federation, and maybe they want to sponsor Nora & Max.
    Max said, he has no agenda at the continuing...
    Nora would like to skate in EC 2014, Budapest. But now, she is waiting for the decision of the federation.
    Max - in my opinion - don't want to continue, if there is money, or not.
    So, so sad.

Viktoria said, that she doesn't receive enough support as well. But she tried to survive and skating till 2014. She wants to be again in the top10 at the EC 2012.

vCash
    Nora should look for a new partner asap. She could still achieve success if she found somebody decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nora should look for a new partner asap. She could still achieve success if she found somebody decent.
    ITA!!!

If the Hungarian Fed is shopping, I'll put in a request for He-Hubbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Viktoria said, that she doesn't receive enough support as well. But she tried to survive and skating till 2014. She wants to be again in the top10 at the EC 2012.
    top 10 at europeans? these are really high aims; i really cannot see her anywhere close to that place after her performances last season but maybe she surprises us or hope is the last to die

vCash
    She obviously won't be top 10 but she might as well continue given there's sadly no better skaters rising up the ranks in Hungary.

I mean there's her, Kati I-can't-rotate-anything-ever and Padar who seems to be going backward each season and no promising Juniors. :/

vCash
    Kati and Bianka are likely retired, as far as I've heard, I could be mistaken though...

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Kati and Bianka are likely retired, as far as I've heard, I could be mistaken though...
    They did.

according to there will be a test skate for Viktória this Saturday to decide, who is going to Worlds, as Chelsea wants to go too, and her being the Hungarian champion, and Viki coming off of an injury, her wish is not that unreasonable. As Chelsea is back in the US (I think), only Viktória will skate.

I have no other details though.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast