Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thanx, Kata.

There was also an article yesterday about HUN skating regarding the participation at the Universiade but in this state, I can hardly type. Summary: the HUN federation (which manages both figure skating and speed skating) will NOT send any figure skaters or ice dancers to the Winter Universiade this year, allegedly due to "financial" reasons. The skaters, coaches and leadership of the figure skating department were not notified beforehand, they only heared about it yesterday. The real reason: the head of the HUN fed. is more affiliated with speed skating (just like internationally Speedy) and would rather nurture his little speed skaters and spend all the money on them.

The figure skaters, coaches and committee leaders filed a petition to the sports minister of Hungary and contacted the head of the HUN Olympic Committee too to fight against this unfair decision.

vCash
    Figure skating is out as usual
    It's a vicious circle: the authorities don't want to invest into figure skating, bacause there are weak results. But there will be no good results, if they don't invest some money.

vCash
    Here is the english translate about Hungarian Nationals:

http://skaterfan.wordpress.com/engli...ionships-2011/

There are som interesting details
    And by the way I really recommend Ivett Tóth's videos for watching, she is really amazing and only 12 years old !!! She has two triples and double axel in combination too

vCash
    Why doesn't Khnychenkova/Magyar go to Bern?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirti View Post
    Actually I just heard Trefil / Garcia split a few days ago. (He hasn't got a pair longer than 1 year ).
    But There's no longer hungarian entry on the entries list, however due to the list Khnychekova/Magyar should go as they were marked as substitutes.

I hope it's just a misunderstanding and we'll see them finally in Bern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirti View Post
    Ankle injury.

Trefil is rumoured to be retiring after his last partnership didn't work out.

vCash
    Seriously?!

Sports diplomacy: Lajos Kósa becomes head of the Hungarian Figure Skating Association

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/nso_hirek...elnoke-2075244

Representative of the Parliament, vice-president of the governing FIDESZ party, major of the city of Debrecen, Lajos Kósa was elected as the head of the Hungarian Figure Skating Association (MOKSZ).

After its annual assembly, the MOKSZ told the Hungarian News Agency MTI that former president, Ferenc Bathó will continue to work as a financial vice-president, while the technical vice-chairman will be György Martos.

Leading secretary remains György Sallak, as in past. Leader of he figure skating division stays Eszter Jurek, head of the ice dance department remains Sándor Nagy. Synchronised skating is led by Erika Sinka, speed skating by László Bartha, short track by Csaba Boda.

In terms of presidential votes, the figure skaters are represented by Mihály Orendi and András Száraz, the ice dancers by Sándor Nagy and Beáta Világos, the synchronised skaters by Erika Sinka and István Fiák, speed skaters by Mónika Kocsis and Csaba Schulek, short track skaters by István Darázs and Csaba Boda.

Head of the financian department remains Mária Wágner.

Conclusion: everything remains the same, only with a "new" president. So much for conflict of interest... Welcome to Hungaristan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Seriously?!

Sports diplomacy: Lajos Kósa becomes head of the Hungarian Figure Skating Association

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/nso_hirek...elnoke-2075244

Representative of the Parliament, vice-president of the governing FIDESZ party, major of the city of Debrecen, Lajos Kósa was elected as the head of the Hungarian Figure Skating Association (MOKSZ).

After its annual assembly, the MOKSZ told the Hungarian News Agency MTI that former president, Ferenc Bathó will continue to work as a financial vice-president, while the technical vice-chairman will be György Martos.

Leading secretary remains György Sallak, as in past. Leader of he figure skating division stays Eszter Jurek, head of the ice dance department remains Sándor Nagy. Synchronised skating is led by Erika Sinka, speed skating by László Bartha, short track by Csaba Boda.

In terms of presidential votes, the figure skaters are represented by Mihály Orendi and András Száraz, the ice dancers by Sándor Nagy and Beáta Világos, the synchronised skaters by Erika Sinka and István Fiák, speed skaters by Mónika Kocsis and Csaba Schulek, short track skaters by István Darázs and Csaba Boda.

Head of the financian department remains Mária Wágner.

Conclusion: everything remains the same, only with a "new" president. So much for conflict of interest... Welcome to Hungaristan!
    The new president is really good,but he can nothing to do with the "old" people,like Bathó,Jurek,Nagy and Sallak.He has to change them all separate the federation in to 2 one for speed and one for figure.

vCash
    Mark Magyar has a new partner and Siudi posted on FB that they performed a 3twist after only 7 days together!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Excellent news, Ziggy!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Anyone heard ANYTHING about Hoffman/Zavozin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Anyone heard ANYTHING about Hoffman/Zavozin?
    I heard from Maxim that they have already retired.
    It was sad news indeed...
    Maxim started his career as a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Mark Magyar has a new partner and Siudi posted on FB that they performed a 3twist after only 7 days together!
    His new partner is Silja Dos Reis, she competed for France in pairs for the last 3 years so has previous experience.

http://www.axeltorun.pl/lyzwiarstwo-...e/silja-i-mark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AKISIN View Post
    Awwww no.

vCash
    Shame that she isn't looking for a new partner. She could achieve so much more...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Shame that she isn't looking for a new partner. She could achieve so much more...
    Once again: she and Japarizde would be and

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Allison Reed/Nora Hoffmann for double the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Otar was quitting, he did not want to training hard ever more. Nora´s bad health and Zavozin´s love of having salary decided the split. He is coaching and her status is unknown but as far as I know she would not able able to continue Ice Dance on high level.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Nora´s bad health and Zavozin´s love of having salary decided the split.
    At the time of his release there were posts that the Hungarian Fed had paid USFS to release him early, unlike his partner Morgan Matthews, and that he had to pay back the Hungarian Fed. If I had a major debt hanging over my head, I would love to have a salary, too, especially if my partner's health issues -- not her fault -- made it difficult to compete.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast