Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    In the OD? Well, I'm no-teknik in ice dancing but csárdás is not nearly as elegant as a ballet. It's a happy, fun dance.

vCash
    igniculus, she is equally unelegant in the walts. It is almost as if her posture was wrong, only that it's not.

vCash
    What waltz? She didn't perform any waltz. Or what video/performance are you speaking about?

vCash
    igniculus: in general. Am sure she did perform a walts in her life.

vCash
    This is, probably, the first time I hear such a thing about Nora. Curious Usually everybody is praising her.
    To me she looked quite well in this OD (certainly better than Maxim), especially for the reason that her moves were nicely and, if I may say so, objectively choreographed. Nora has some of her natural moves that pass from dance to dance, but this time they didn't really show through.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    igniculus: in general. Am sure she did perform a walts in her life.
    Yeah, but it was with an Elek.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Yeah, but it was with an Elek.
    ...which, I think, only added grace to any waltz.

vCash
    I think Elek had a fair posture for his height. Too bad Nora was taller.

vCash
    I'd rather say of the same height when skating, but it doesn't really matter. This several centimetres difference was a constant source of trouble

vCash
    daisycolver: I can't remember ever praising Nora, don't think I ever liked her skating style. Again, compared to Elek she was the 'poor girl who is stuck with that'. Now with Zavozin all of a sudden she looks more juniorish than him. IMHO.

vCash
    Yes, poor Nora, such a crappy skater, who has aready won two world junior silver medals. it will be such a nightmare to watch her at Finlandia Trophy.

I have always liked her, she has versatility and

vCash
    IMO a few years back Nora Hoffman was one of the most promising ice dancers of her generation. Her technique was good for her age and she had a level of star quality we sourly miss.

She stayed with Elek for too long, they were never going to get any recognition at senior level with that partnership IMO. Plus she has had the worst of luck as far as accidents go. So her career still has to start, when she could have been a medalist by now. I hope from now on she has the best of luck and is able to fulfill her potential. She has to gain back her confidence as well. So much of her charm came from her supreme confidence.

Poor Elek, he was a good enough skater if you looked from the knees down, but in ice dance going through the gestures is not enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    .Again, compared to Elek she was the 'poor girl who is stuck with that'.
    I think it could be said about both of them, 'cause they both surely needed new partners (though now it's even difficult to say, for Elek's skating career stopped and Nora is still trying to continue hers normally).
    In my opinion, Elek wasn't weaker technically, but lacked some expression as compared to Nora. May be it was so because she is a bright skater and loves to perform, so he just held back. I do so myself sometimes when somebody in my company is eager to be the center of attention.

vCash
    In my opinion, Nora couldn't have become such an impressive and expressive ice dancer if she wouldn't have had a partner that allowed her to develop this. Having met/seen Attila many times now, I have to agree that height-wise they were unmatched as he is probably even smaller than me - so he is not the "tall-and-handsome-prince-charming-with-a-million-dollar-smile". He does come across as reserved compared to Nora.

vCash
    Second-hand (and somewhat biased) reports from the test skate today.

Ladies:

Julia Sebestyen - gorgeous 3L, rest of the elements also fairly good (considering the injury she is coming back from), highly untiffed dress (but it may have been a practice dress though...); "this could be medal-worthy wherever she shows up"

Katherine Hadford - no remarkable jumps, falling all over the place, equally untiffed, even in practice clothes

Viktoria Pavuk - according to witnesses "already clear in practice that she is not in shape"

Bianka Padar - apparently more fashionable than the rest, diva-esque with make-up and "very feminine", 3-2 combination, 2A, fall on a sitspin, says she is "hopeful"

Men:

Marton Marko - music/CD problems, music stopped a couple of times, very thin

Tigran Vardanjan - dynamic but goofy performance

Oh sekret Poggi, what voids will you share with us?

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Oh sekret Poggi, what voids will you share with us?
    Sadly none, as I couldn't go, but I intend to tomorrow...

vCash
    How was it?

Reports from the same source as before:

Julia Sebestyen: catastrophy in the LP, tried two triples but fell in both, rest were doubles and a single axel

Katherine Hadford: no relevant info from the LP

Viktoria Pavuk: didn't even take the ice

Bianka Padar: one-piece catsuit, source firmly believes "she is Sebestyen's legitimate heir, strong triples in the warm-up and in the LP" whatever that means

Marton Marko: bad choice of music, bad choreography but promising jumps

Tigran Vardanjan: again, dynamic performance with great jumps, but he has no competition in the country that could make him improve himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    IMO a few years back Nora Hoffman was one of the most promising ice dancers of her generation. Her technique was good for her age and she had a level of star quality we sourly miss.

She stayed with Elek for too long, they were never going to get any recognition at senior level with that partnership IMO. Plus she has had the worst of luck as far as accidents go. So her career still has to start, when she could have been a medalist by now. I hope from now on she has the best of luck and is able to fulfill her potential. She has to gain back her confidence as well. So much of her charm came from her supreme confidence.

Poor Elek, he was a good enough skater if you looked from the knees down, but in ice dance going through the gestures is not enough.
    Elek was short and not very expressive but he was a very strong skater technically.

It's rather sad that Nora's cheap hooker looks and American number 10 smiles apparently count more.

I want Elek back with a short partner who isn't a diva.

On another note, no spins are required in Junior and Senior ODs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Julia Sebestyen: catastrophy in the LP, tried two triples but fell in both, rest were doubles and a single axel
    What a waste of talent.

She should have been working with a sport psychologist for the last 10 years. :/
    Last edited by Ziggy; 09-14-2009 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Eys, me too, absolutely. Wasted talent, he is.

vCash
    Me either!! (especially if his partner is not a diva)

On another note, no spins are required in Junior and Senior ODs this season.
    Thank you!

I'm so sad about Julia I enjoy her speed and power when she is skating, though I think her programs should be better choreographed Anyway, I hope she will recover, get herself together and add great achievements to her skating glory!

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast