Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Okay..that explains it. Thanks.

vCash
    Are we going to have any new bets this season? I didnt see any for Euros or 4CC, and now nothing for Olympics?? I didnt even see a superbowl bet? Are we ending vBets for the season?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Are we going to have any new bets this season? I didnt see any for Euros or 4CC, and now nothing for Olympics?? I didnt even see a superbowl bet? Are we ending vBets for the season?

Maybe you need to go back a page or two? I can see Olympic bets on my first page, but they are down at the bottom of the screen.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

Maybe you need to go back a page or two? I can see Olympic bets on my first page, but they are down at the bottom of the screen.
    It's been a while since I've clicked on "vBookie" and seen a list of open bets. I'm not complaining and don't remember any 4CCs or Euros bets in previous seasons. As for the Olympic events, there's been at least one round of bets (probably two) on those, but those bets have all long since been closed.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Okay, so I see. We'll see what we can do.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

If we are looking at the same thing, as falling_dance said, on my screen what I see are the high stakes bets which have to be made at the beginning of the season. I was looking for something to bet on now, before the Olympics start. Have the v-bets been discontinued for this season?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    vBets have not been discontinued for this season. It is my intention to create (or reactivate) plenty of bets for the Olympics in a timely fashion, when I have time to make them.

As for 4CCs and Euros, I didn't do any vBets for those competitions because I honestly didn't see any compelling vBets to make, given the composition of the fields at both events. If you want to see vBets for the Super Bowl or any obscure non-skating purpose, then please send me a PM suggesting a vBet and potential outcomes/odds.

Just because there aren't any new vBets when you click on the vBookie feature doesn't mean there won't be a barrage of new vBets at any time. Also, this doesn't mean that there wasn't a barrage of vBets at a certain time (like for Nationals) which you happened to miss, due to your own negligence.

To avoid missing new vBets when they happen (and they can come and go extremely quickly), please subscribe to the vBookie forum by going here:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/foru...19-The-Bookies!

...and then clicking on the "Forum Tools" pull-down menu near the upper left right and select "Subscribe to this Forum." You will then be notified, either through PM or email, if there is a new vBet.

In the last 12 months, there have been roughly 160 vBets, and in some past years there have been over 300. This year I've tried to do a better job of reactivating old vBets, hence the lower number of newly created ones.

Also, given that there are relatively few bettors, even for skating vBets, no matter how frequently I post them (which should still be far more frequently than in the past), I've indicated both privately and publicly that I have far better uses of my time, and no longer wish to be vBookie after this skating season. Please PM me or Sharpie if you're interested in becoming the new vBookie (or a new one, if we all decide to have multiple ones).
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 02-04-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: upper right, not upper left

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    entire post
    Thanks for this explanatory post--and for your sterling work as FSU's vBookie. I hope my post didn't sound critical, especially as the task of odds-setting in particular must make it all very time-consuming.

vCash
    Thanks for the tip - I've subscribed now, so I should see when new bets are up. I just need to remember to check my emails

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234