vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar
    Miffy... want some company in 2012?
    Yeah!
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I'll work on hitting the lotto between now and then.
    I'll be doing that too! I think that might be the only way I can get there, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred
    Well done London!

Now I hope that this will put to rest forever the old myth that no-one in Europe likes the UK.

You mean I actually have to accept that we are actually crap at Eurovision!!!

Wheee Im delerious - Heard the announcement on the radio while driving round for a work thing, my colleague thought I'd gone insane LOL back at the office, everyone was in GREAT moods though!

Im sorry for our French Friends and hope you come over and enjoy!

But a big to Aaron W for being a hater I was hoping against hope actually, but didnt want to post

This is the best thing to have happened to this country in years!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Well I was mad when I first heard that London got it instead of Paris... but it's better London than some of the other choices. Congrats! :cool1:

vCash
    Congratulations London and Londoners! All the cities sounded like great locations--no wonder the vote was close. How do you chose between New York, Paris, Madrid, London, and Moscow? I've been to Paris and Moscow, and I love those cities, and I'd love to visit NY, Madrid, and London.

We can't afford a trip to London and Oly tickets, but my dad's always wanted to go to London, and we're talking about going just to be in the Olympic atmosphere.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    OMG our video rocked, showed kids round the world watching Olys and then 'living the dream' total pandering and but yay!

Hell - Another WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE!!!!!!!!

And Seb Coe's speech was the BOMB - Tony Blair speaking French!

Yaaay!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE
    But a big to Aaron W for being a hater I was hoping against hope actually, but didnt want to post
    Awww Sharpie. I still lurves London. But my French friend here in Houston actually helped with the promotion of Paris 2012. So I had to be supportive for him. I'm not upset at all that London won, just surprised that Paris lost after basically every news report gave them the slight edge. London will be totally fab I'm sure! Now if we can just get the value of the US dollar up enough by 2012 so that there is a reasonably good exchange rate for the pound, I'd love to spend some time in London for the Olys.

Quote Originally Posted by EBASKoroleva
    Well I was mad when I first heard that London got it instead of Paris... but it's better London than some of the other choices. Congrats! :cool1:
    Mad because Moscow didn't win?

vCash
    That means we'll be getting some British entertainment at the closing ceremonies in Vancouver. If I can make a suggestion, please invite Coldplay and The Spice Girls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn
    That means we'll be getting some British entertainment at the closing ceremonies in Vancouver. If I can make a suggestion, please invite Coldplay and The Spice Girls.
    Won't the Brits be presenting at the Beijing games instead of Vancouver? Maybe the Chinese will invite Coldplay et al....

Caulkhead forever
    vCash

Another gratuitous wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Though it still hasn't quite sunk in yet!
    I am too long away from water;
    I have a need of water near.

vCash
    So how many of our UK posters actually live in London? I'm trying to decide who I need to start kissing up to for a free place to stay in late July/early August of 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway
    Won't the Brits be presenting at the Beijing games instead of Vancouver? Maybe the Chinese will invite Coldplay et al....
    Yes, the Brits will be at Beijing.

As for Vancouver, whoever is hosting the 2014 games will be at the closing ceremonies.

vCash
    Congrats to London!!! I've been rooting for them since the beginning, but never posted anything to avoid jinxing them. Now I have to start saving my money so I can come visit!

Caulkhead forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W
    So how many of our UK posters actually live in London? I'm trying to decide who I need to start kissing up to for a free place to stay in late July/early August of 2012.
    Rooting for Paris wasn't a good start

I was hoping my sister would want to stay in London after university but apparently she's planning on living in Brighton. Oh well, still easy travelling distance

I'm hoping an awful lot will change for me in the next seven years, so who knows where I'll be by then?
    I am too long away from water;
    I have a need of water near.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Yes that is exactly what it means! Join the club!

Looking at the reaction from the other candidate cities that lost and all the and : about being hated so much was a bit .

My heart bleeds for you America, Russia, France and Spain (the UK don't get mentioned cause you won this time ), it really does!

All that economic and political power must really suck.

vCash
    Yea London! I am so psyched - this may be the Olys I finally go to. Working for a British company means I know a lot of people that I could mooch accomodations off of...

vCash
    to the London Committee.

Glad to see that the recent snarks by committee members at the other cities didn't hurt their chances.

Just promise me that Madonna won't be singing at any Ceremony!

vCash
    I am so thrilled the bid went to London!! London is one of my favorite places in the world. I just read that NY is now going for a 2016 bid - I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1
    to the London Committee.

Glad to see that the recent snarks by committee members at the other cities didn't hurt their chances.
    I read this news bit that suggested that the recent comments by Chirac over British cuisine may have hurt France's chances.

Food Jokes May Have Hurt France's Olympics Chances

Nonetheless I'm glad London won. Go London!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25
    I am so thrilled the bid went to London!! London is one of my favorite places in the world. I just read that NY is now going for a 2016 bid - I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.
    Ugh! I don't want NYC as the US bid city for the 2016 Games. I guess San Diego is considering a run. Apparently Minneapolis/St. Paul will also be in the running for the US spot. Hopefully San Francisco will run again as well. No NYC though!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast