Ziggy

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by SHARPIE, Aug 18, 2014.

1. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

I somehow do not manage to conplete the last step, lighting it, sigh. Maybe because I am not religious. Or too dumb for the internet.
    Anyhow : Tomasz or rather Ziggy is in my thoughts, I will miss him in here a lot.

DORISPULASKI and once_upon like this.
  2. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I couldn't get a candle to light for me either, but I'm going to keep trying.

DORISPULASKI and once_upon like this.
  3. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

Perhaps it's a browser issue? I tried and failed to light one on Opera, but managed to do so on Firefox.

bardtoob likes this.
  4. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Firefox worked for me, also. This seems to be an older site so may not work properly in anything more modern than IE8, Firefox, and earlier versions of Safari.

falling_dance likes this.
  5. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Explorer worked for me.

6. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

My condolences to Ziggy's family and friends. He will be missed.

7. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Success with Firefox, but the frustration of trying to light a single candle has brought on the tears for Ziggy in a way that nothing else had. I had a 30-second conversation with him at Warsaw Euros; I stopped him as he was going up the aisle, just to introduce myself so that I could tell him how much I loved his posts. I think he thought I was your common garden variety nutter.

In his honor, I will try to keep defending Sahndya (sp?) over in the Project Runway thread. I agree with him that she isn't getting the respect she deserves.

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

At last, I was successful with Firefox.

9. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Could not get the candle to light in Google Chrome, but like others was successful with Mozilla Firefox

10. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

Thank you for the candle link Sharpie, I got teared up again whilst lighting one...

11. Spiralgraph

Spiralgraph Active Member

I just lit a candle too. Firefox worked for me.

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Google chrome doesn't work for me. Everything went well until it was supposed to lit itself and it didn't. :-(

13. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Google chrome worked for me

14. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

But internet explorer did work! :)

15. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

OK guys, can we put this back to a thread with our memories about Ziggy and not talk about technical issues of the Virtual Candle site? If you cant light one- PM me with your message and I'll do it for you. Cheers,

CantALoop, galaxygirl, PeterG and 4 others like this.
  16. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

I dedicated the Euros Forum earlier, but thought about it and decided he deserved more than that so have done the entire Kiss And Cry, cos that is where the loss is going to be most keenly felt :( Hell, I was thinking even *I* may go and try and make up the numbers with some half assed pbp this season but I think members may thank me if I don't ;)

Bit of rubbish really, just editing a few words on a forum display but it's all I can do although I did speak to @Andrey aka Pushkin about something else this morning.

Anyway, I posted this in Sekret Sources earlier and someone agreed that ALL the KnC should be dedicated to Ziggy as, 'With Ziggy... The more obscure the competition the better!'

To which I replied:

LOL eys, I was talking with Andrey about his popularity among skaters, especially the lower ranked ones. He observed that they didn't have much choice as he would be the only one in the tribunes, waxing lyrical about Obscuria Obscurikova from Obscurigaria cos he perhaps heard a rumour she landed a double axel a month ago :lol:

Still can't get my head around it though.

OliviaPug, CantALoop, Asli and 19 others like this.
  17. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I had actually been meaning to ask if anyone knows if Ziggy had ever skated himself? He was also so empathetic to each and every skater, no matter how green. He would cheer about how important it was that someone landed their first double lutz and go into the specifics of their technique as if he were analyzing an Olympic performance. I always wondered whether that was based on experience or observation.

skatesindreams and Marge_Simpson like this.
  18. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

OliviaPug, quartz, bardtoob and 6 others like this.
  19. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

RIP Ziggy. never had the chance to read your last post. but you were one of most influential forumers, you will be missed dearly :(

20. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

He posted this very funny exhibition number on his YouTube channel a few years ago.

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Oh thank you for that!

22. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

I have not been much on this board lately, but I come on and read this incredibly sad news. I really am at a loss for words. I kept repeating "no, no, no" and then the tears came flowing down my cheeks. I never met Ziggy in person, but enjoyed his posts immensely over the years. His passion for skating was conveyed in every post he wrote. Yes, he could be provocative at times, but he was always so knowledgeable and well-articulated. I learned a lot from him.

Thank you, Nicolas for registering here to confirm the sad news. And thank you for posting the nice pictures of him. My condolances to you and his family and friends.

I remember seeing him on TV during the 2008 Euros in Zagreb, where he was waving the flag of the skater who was coming onto the ice to skate. Such a nice gesture but also a smart move. He caught the producer's eye that way. I remember his hair was red/orange back then.

I will not only miss his posts on skating, I will miss him dearly in the annual ESC thread. Who is going to be Sweden now?

Rest in peace, Ziggy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

He had a true passion for skating. I enjoyed splitting hairs with him about this or that element, the last one I recall was Gracie Gold's Sleeping Beauty LP, we really got into it, blow by blow. He knew and loved this sport so well. :(

skateboy likes this.
  24. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Looking back on some old threads, Ziggy and I really shared a lot of interests outside skating.

I never met him in real life, but will miss his knowledge and humor.

R.I.P. Ziggy.

skateboy likes this.
  25. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

Just read this terrible news... RIP dear Ziggy, I enjoyed your internet persona so much and I am sure you were a great person in real life.. Such a loss!!! :-(

26. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

Such awful and shocking news. Ziggy was a passionate and knowledgeable fan who always championed the obskure skaters. :(

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Quite voidy, good transitions and he's skating to the beat. :)

Megi, skateboy and alchemy void like this.
  28. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

But he needs more sparkles. :)

KARYNM and skateboy like this.
  29. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

I add my thanks to Ziggy' s friend Nicolas for taking the time to come here and confirm this so heartbreaking news and to share bright thoughts, pictures and memories. My deepest condolences to the irreplaceable and irrepressible Tomasz Zygmunt's family and friends.

Like so many here, I am having a hard time dealing with the shock and unexpected suddenness of Ziggy's loss to FSU and to the entire skating community. A fitting tribute to dedicate Kiss 'n Cry forum to Ziggy. Thanks Sharpie, and thanks also for starting this thread. Maybe at some point, the best of Ziggy's memorable posts might be compiled. It's really hard to believe we won't be hearing his take on what's in store this season and future seasons.

I too feel as others have mentioned, that passionate, witty, energetic and full-of-life Ziggy, will not be satisfied to simply rest. He must still be out there somewhere skating, triple-flutzing, arguing a point, snarking, watching fs vids, analyzing and gearing up for yet another brilliant pbp season. Indeed over the years, Ziggy seemed to grow more thoughtful and he matured in his viewpoints and commentary, but his singular way of looking at things remained sharp, witty, and provocative.

Irreplaceable and irrepressible Ziggy, I wish you peace on your passage from this life; Godspeed and good fortune on your soul's next grand adventure. Hope you are laughing, smiling and having a blast right now. Your passion and wit will always be remembered.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  30. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Omg, I love this, thanks for posting. :) :(