Ziggy

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by SHARPIE, Aug 18, 2014.

1. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

This is a shocker!:fragile: 2 things I remembered most from the first time I entered FSU:
    -so many people interested in Figure Skating, sth that seemed incredible for me
    -the Snark: Ziggy was a big part for this and I laughed at most of his posts:smokin:

I am sorry for his loss and this won't be the same without him

CantALoop and museksk8r like this.
  2. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

Rest in peace Ziggy, you will truly be missed. Thank you MillaJ for the pictures and confirming this sad news.

museksk8r likes this.
  3. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

So sorry to hear about Ziggy's passing. The boards will never be the same! I haven't felt this way since our friend Blades passed....my condolences to his family & friends.

museksk8r likes this.
  4. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Thank you Nicolas/MillaJ, and condolences for your loss. There is a huge void here in FSU now after Ziggy.

museksk8r likes this.
  6. SmallFairy

SmallFairy Well-Known Member

Thank you Ziggy, for all the fun and snark!

I can't say how gutted I am about this, at first I couldn't believe it, he was so young, I really hoped it was all a mistake. I met Ziggy on several skating competitions, and it was always great fun, though now it's been a few years since I last saw him. I was really glad I was able to keep in touch by FB and FSU. Ziggy was never afraid to speak up, be snarky, sarcastic, and at the same time intelligent and so well articulated, he had so much edge, he was one of those persons who make the world really interesting. I feel priviledged to have been able to follow my favourite sport with Ziggy's comments and crazy take on things.

Thank you Nicolas/MillaJ for keeping us posted. My condolences to all Ziggy's family and friends, this is just so sad, my heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, dear, funny, friend, it's been a pleasure!

7. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread. This terrible news about our dear Ziggy has truly stung me, I've been tearing up reading all of these posts.

I have no words except to reiterate what so many others here have said: Ziggy, you will be sorely missed.

8. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

Perfectly put.

I still can't believe it. FSU is not the same without Ziggy.

Milka, Zokko!, CantALoop and 6 others like this.
  9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Very sad. Bad year for FSUers.

10. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

RIP Ziggy. I have been on FSU since 2002 and Ziggy has given us so many insights over the years.

poths, CantALoop, skateboy and 2 others like this.
  11. Jeanine

Jeanine Active Member

I am genuinely upset to read this news... I always enjoyed reading Ziggy's posts and hearing his take on things. He'll be sadly missed around here. And so young too... RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

12. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

I haven't posted in a while, I'm more of a quiet reader of the forum. The post on facebook came as a big shock to me....I waited for the confirmation here, before I wanted to say anything. I always enjoyed reading Ziggy's posts on FSU. They were so full of wit and sarcasm and will be greatly missed. Very sad..

13. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Very, very sad news. I will greatly miss his entertaining and insightful posts. He was taken much too soon.

14. David21

David21 Well-Known Member

RIP, Ziggy.

You will be missed.

15. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Yes, Andrey, nothing more to say, thank you for sending me this sad SMS today.

Meeting with Ziggy many times since 2004 Europeans in Budapest I was always aware ┬┤bout his two faces: Queen of Snarkiness of the internet and King of Gentle in person.

Thanks Nicolas for those pictures even it was for the very first time I see Ziggy without any colour on his hairs.

CantALoop, alilou, yossalu and 8 others like this.
  16. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

Thanks, Nicolas, for sharing the pictures of Ziggy. It means a lot for those of us who never met him. I've been looking at the pictures frequently, and it's just nice to have a face to match to all those posts I've read.

I first became aware of Ziggy some years back on GoldenSkate. I remember reading his competition reports there from European events. Always enjoyed them tremendously. Once, I wrote to him that he sounded like a judge, he was so knowledgeable about skating! Because of that, I always envisioned him as older. So I was surprised--and saddened--to see the pictures and realize how young he was. What a loss. We will miss him so much! Just recently, I remember he contributed a great post in one of the pairs threads about why Western federations should release pairs skaters who want to compete for other countries--he explained the differences between the funding of skating in the West and in the former Soviet countries. It was just an example of how he took the time to share his knowledge with all.

I hope his family can take a small bit of comfort in knowing how much he was liked and respected in this community.

17. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

This is really sad, I can't believe it. I always enjoyed Ziggy's post, he was so fun and so knowledgeable.
    Deepest condolences to his family and friends. My thoughts are with you.

Vash01 and orientalplane like this.
  18. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

I'm another who doesn't post much, but I enjoy and appreciate the knowledge and humor that are shared by so many here, Ziggy among them. Thank you to the poster who shared Ziggy's photo. My sincere condolences to his family.

19. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I lurk more than post nowadays, but having been on here as long as I have been, this news is very saddening. He and I also shared a birthday (August 22nd), and I will be thinking of him on Friday. Sincere condolences to his friends and family.

20. MillaJ

MillaJ Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, i will not be today to write / wrote back anymore, I'll try to write something later (maybe this weekend) if i can do it (mentally) what was the farewell to Tom, for those who can not be there.

Take care everyone, think well and do not be sad.

21. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

I'm shocked and sad to hear this.
    I really liked Ziggy's posts and always looked forward to reading what he had to say.

skateboy likes this.
  22. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

23. Marge_Simpson

Marge_Simpson Well-Known Member

Candle lit.

24. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Me too. What a nice idea.

25. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

They stay lit for 36 hours.

26. nlloyd

nlloyd Active Member

27. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Thanks for the link Sharpie. I'm not sure I got it into the FSU group correctly, but ultimately, I guess that doesn't really matter.

28. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

You're there, AYS, I saw it.

AYS likes this.
  29. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Mine is lit. Hope Ziggy has internet access wherever his spirit has gone.

Jem X and BittyBug like this.
  30. quartz

quartz turn around turn around it's on the other side

Candle has been lit....sigh... :(