Ziggy

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by SHARPIE, Aug 18, 2014.

1. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

miffy likes this.
  2. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

@MillaJ Nicolas - Thank you for posting the pics and confirming this is unfortunately true. Am sure Ziggy's passing will hit us (FSU) even harder once the competitive season starts. Please pass on my condolences and sympathy to any other friends and family you might run into.

museksk8r likes this.
  3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Thanks Nicolas for letting us know. Condolences to you.

museksk8r likes this.
  4. 3T3T

3T3T Member

RIP Ziggy and condolences to his family and friends. I always enjoyed reading his posts, he was so knowledgeable and passionite about figure skating, he will be missed. 31 is much to young. Thank you Nicolas for confirming the sad news.

museksk8r and kwanfan1818 like this.
  5. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What happened to Ziggy?

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

We don't know. It's up to his family or close friends to share that information publicly if they want.

I feel "RIP" doesn't suit Ziggy so I'll write "SIP" (Snark In Peace) Ziggy, instead. ;)

7. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

Nicolas, thanks for confirming, and posting the pics.Condolences to all of you...

8. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

Thank you for your efforts to inform. Please take no offense to the idea that Ziggy may still be with us; he was/is a creative fellow, studying Psychology, and a devoted civil rights activist, who could very well go to an extreme to conduct a social experiment on "spread and effect of information" or another aspect of human reaction to information. He gave a few interviews in local newspapers on the misinformation about the LGBT community, so it would not be auslandish for him to want to do some kind of research on effects of information. His initials are T.S - like Tom Sawyer..... and both were rascals...... So, please take no offense to such suggestion, it is rather a suggestion on Ziggy's creativity.

Of course many people probably want to know what happened to Ziggy, so if you find it appropriate please let us know but only what you feel comfortable to share.
    With best regards and respect to the given.

9. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Thank you Nicolas for the wonderful pictures. I'm so sorry for your loss.

He'll be sorely missed.

museksk8r likes this.
  10. MillaJ

MillaJ Well-Known Member

I should not write about it because it is a family matter, I can only say from my knowledge that it was an accident.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Finnice, skatesindreams and museksk8r like this.
  11. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

Thanks, MillaJ for the info and pictures. I was so sorry to hear about Ziggy.

museksk8r likes this.
  12. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

You don't need to say any more on the matter, his family's privacy is most important. We may be a snarky bunch but we're not jerks. :)

Zokko!, taf2002, genevieve and 9 others like this.
  13. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

:(
    It's hard to Come to grips with a death so sudden to someone so young .....knowing it was an accident somehow makes it more tragic too - thank you @MillaJ for coming here and giving us what you can share - as you have seen ziggy was a huge part of our online community -
    Please pass it along to his family how saddened we all are and that he will be very missed

skatesindreams and museksk8r like this.
  14. jiejie

jiejie Active Member

Just stepped back to the forums after a couple of days and shocked to find this. While I didn't know Ziggy and didn't always agree with every point he made, his thoughts on skating were well-reasoned and high quality, and he was always one of my top must-read-FSU-posters regardless of thread. A big loss for the forums, and an inconsolable loss to his family and friends. With deep condolences to them. Peace to you, Ziggy.

15. fscric

fscric Active Member

Rest in Peace, Ziggy. This forum has lost one member who was opinionated and passionate about figure skating but could still be objective.

Nicolas, thank you for registering and letting us know about this matter, and posting the beautiful photos of Ziggy. Much appreciated.

16. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I remember how chuffed I was during one competition PBP thread when I was snarking above my weight class, and Ziggy commented that emason was in fine form that night. I was so excited: Praise from the Master. I felt like Teacher's Pet.

Ziggy, RIP, and condolences to your family, friends and loved ones. You touched all of us here at FSU and will be greatly missed.

CantALoop, yossalu, Rob and 15 others like this.
  17. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace, Ziggy.

18. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

Sorry to hear this news. As others have said- I may not have always agreed with him, but I appreciated the thought that he put into his posts. Condolences to his friends and family. It's strange how you can feel you know someone you've never met.

museksk8r likes this.
  19. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

There really are no words. But our little community has lost a snark star. :40beers: Ziggy you were an original.

20. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

I'm lost for word. This is so sad. I'm so sad. Ziggy is always passionate about skating and life. He has a great sense of humor. Even his comments are sharp, they are never mean-spirits. That's why I love his opinions. They are coming from his heart, a good place. I just can't believe this happened. Rest in peace! You'll be missed so much.

21. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

This news comes as a surprise. Thank you MillaJ for the pics and confirming the news (while sad).

Ziggy was never the easiest poster when you're a moderator on a discussion board. I would sometimes facepalm at his posts. That said, I could never dislike him. :(

Rest in peace and keep snarking!

LadyNit, CantALoop, Finnice and 7 others like this.
  22. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Gutted. :fragile::wuzrobbed

museksk8r likes this.
  23. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Ziggy's posts, and I am sorry I will not get to meet him. I hope him peace.

museksk8r likes this.
  24. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Just read about this earlier today. Too young, so sad. :( RIP Ziggy

museksk8r and SHARPIE like this.
  25. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Way too young. So sad.
    Thanks for all the passionate and thoughtful posts on FSU.
    R.I.P. Ziggy.

museksk8r likes this.
  26. lurvylurker

lurvylurker Active Member

This describes my experience to a "t" -- I once received praise from Ziggy for a post and I walked on air for a week. I didn't know I could feel so greatly the loss of someone I hadn't met.

As emason added so eloquently: Ziggy, RIP, and condolences to your family, friends and loved ones. You touched all of us here at FSU and will be greatly missed.

Snark on in heaven, Ziggy.

27. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Rest in peace :(

28. BellaSTRARSSA!

BellaSTRARSSA! Member

RIP Ziggy and condolences to you friends and family. I don't post much, but I enjoy reading competition analyses here, especially ice dance, and Ziggy's posts were among those I always looked for first. It didn't matter if I didn't agree, it was always an interesting read. You will be missed.

museksk8r and sus2850 like this.
  29. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I've lighted a candle next to my Buddha Claus statue in honor of Ziggy. I will miss him.

30. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

What a loss for the FSU forums. RIP

alilou likes this.