Zenyatta officially Retired

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by skipaway, Nov 18, 2010.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

She'll spend her years at Lane's End Farm in Versailles, KY. A.P Indy stands there too, wonder if he will be the first sire of her offspring.

Thanks, Zenyatta and the Mosses for a great ride...have a wonderful retirement with lots of babies!

Zenyatta to Lane's End

Stallion Registry at Lane's End

Stallions at Lane's End

Boy, Rock Hard Ten and Zenyatta.....one big foal!

2. Squibble

Squibble New Member

3. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I'm both :wuzrobbed that we won't get to see her race again and :encore: that she retires healthy and happy. Also hoping they really will let fans visit. I'll be one of the first in line next year if that is the case!

4. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

It really was one Hell of a Ride and great memories too. Many thanks need to go to the Mosses for not retiring her last year and letting her run for another year. That way, we got to enjoy her racing a little longer.

Thank God Zenyatta made it through it all w/out any major injuries and is retiring healthy. Can't wait to hear when she's going to be expecting her first foal.

ITA about breeding her w/AP Indy. Not only won't there be the danger of as much cross breeding, but he's a beautiful boy in his own right. I can just see a Zenyatta/Indy foal in my mind's eye and a what a beautiful little one it would be too. :)

5. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Hey, inbreeding makes the best racehorses and NASCAR fans.

6. sk8pics

If you're in the area, Zenyatta is supposed to make an appearance at Keeneland next Monday afternoon about 4:15 pm. I wish I could go! And of course, her grand farewell is Sunday at Hollywood Park in CA.... I really hope they will allow some visitors at Lane's End.... I would think she'd be terribly bored if she doesn't get to see some people some times!

7. sk8pics

Watching Zenyatta walking around the paddock at Hollywood Park right now. Boy, it is packed there. She just stopped and looked around at everyone, probably thinking, is everyone going to have to hug me and get a picture taken with me? LOL. She doesn't look that worked up, which is good. Probably really wondering what is going on.

8. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I wonder what she'll think of life on the breeding farm.

9. skipaway

Zenyatta Easing into Life at Lane's End

In the article there are links to her "facebook" page with some video's of her getting a nice walk around.

Right now...it's 19 degrees F in Lexington...She's probably thinking, "I only lost to Blame by a nose, take me home to CA, I promise to win next time!" :(

Rottie and (deleted member) like this.
  10. sk8pics

:lol::lol:

And at the video of her farewell at Hollywood Park, she looked like she was thinking, "Are all these people going to want to hug me and kiss my nose?:eek:" :lol:

11. skipaway

12. sk8pics

You beat me to it! It does my heart good to see her looking so happy. Beautiful pictures in the shoot. And she ran to her (former) groom at one point, so sweet. Just does my heart good.

13. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

14. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

I bet she was only beaten by a nose. ;)

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for the link, skipaway. And I think how *big* she is really comes across in those shots.

15. sk8pics

Her diary post from yesterday is very heartwarming. "Z" talks about how happy she was, actually squealing when she started running. And she kissed several of her friends. Awwww.......

Edited to add: Here is the link to the video from Bloodhorse of her first time free in her own paddock:
    http://bcove.me/07avpkv6

You can hear her squeal a couple of times, and at one point she is really flying around the paddock. When Mario is walking her after that, she is doing her strut. I guess running around got her blood up a bit! Also sweet to see her choosing to spend some of her time free with her people. Awwww.....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    skipaway and (deleted member) like this.
  16. skipaway

awesome video. loved the end with "her family"

17. sk8pics

Diary post #47 on zenyatta.com has a very cute picture of two little boys visiting Z. One is kissing her (or maybe being kissed :lol:) and the other is reaching in to pet her. Too cute!

18. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

19. sk8pics

20. skipaway

and.....bred to Bernardini!!!! I wish her a happy, healthy foal out of this mating.

Zenyatta's First

Diary Entry

and OT: Rachel Alexandra was bred last week to Curlin! Best of luck to her too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  21. Squibble

Squibble New Member

:sekret:

22. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

:lol:

23. sk8pics

:lol::lol: And also :lol::lol: that they pulled her mane and polished her hooves for her "date."

I'm glad it went well, from all accounts.

24. Squibble

Squibble New Member

:sekret:

25. skipaway

Squibble, incredibly creative diary entry...:rofl:

26. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Boy, that Curlin would definitely annoy me. Way too insecure. :p

27. sk8pics

:lol::lol::lol: I met Curlin last year and he is actually very sure of himself. And beautiful.:cool: And friendly to the whole big group of us there to worship see him.

28. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

29. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

That's going to be a beautiful little foal. :)

30. skipaway