Zanforlin & Degli Esposti end figure skating competitive career

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sk8swan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Sk8swan

Sk8swan Well-Known Member

It has been up in the air for a while now and I eventually got to publish the news on their website: Marika Zanforlin & Federico Degli Esposti have decided to end their ice figure skating competitive career. From now on they'll be busy attending roller skating exhibitions and hopefully also ice skating shows next season (where they will finally be able to show their roller skating pair elements without thinking about the rules!).

BIG :cheer2: and :respec: for them for what they achieved on the ice with all the troubles they had these past 3 years!

If you want to leave any message for them, just leave it here, on their guestbook or send it to postmaster@zanforlindeglisposti.com
    I'll collect and forward them to Marika & Federico as soon as possible! :)

2. shah

shah Shhh...

:(. I think they didn't fully reveal their capabilities on ice so it's sad to see them go...still, I wish them lots of luck in their skating shows career :cheer:.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:(

They have achieved so much in such a short timeframe. The saddest thing about this is that they could have achieved so much if only they had received funding, enabling them to give up their jobs and focus fully on training. :(

Best of luck to them in their pro careers, I hope they can find good jobs, roller elements are going to look really spectacular on ice.

4. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

:(

They leave a great legacy in roller, and showed the world the talented and hard working athletes that they are with that transition to the ice. Hard to think of anyone that would be capable of being on their level with so little ice training.

I'll miss them...

5. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Not a surprise, but I'll miss them and I wish them the very best. :) Hopefully they are just the start of a revolution in Italian ice skating.

6. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

:( No surprise. Hope they succeed in everything they do.

7. Sk8swan

I hope so... me think they will contribute to it as coaches as it looks like they've already been asked for advices for some ice-skating pairs.

8. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Thanks for their skating.

9. gosia.douceur

gosia.douceur New Member

They will be missed :(

10. Sk8swan

Just to let you know I saw them skate last night and it was great! :) Despite having resumed training just a couple of weeks ago they looked in good shape. The program (Circus music + La Vita รจ Bella soundtrack) is very nice with great lifts and a very high twist! I think practicing it on the ice helped them smoothing their technique on this element...a quad could definitely fit in there! ;)

11. Sk8swan

Hopefully we'll get pictures and a video of the exhibition from last Saturday... meanwhile enjoy their sp from 2010 Nationals which I've just added to the site! :)

12. Sk8swan

I've got the pictures from the show I was mentioning in my previous posts... at last!
    I'll add the video as soon as I can get the dvd of the gala from Marika... hopefully it will take less than 2 months... :p