1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuzuru Hanyu

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by burntBREAD, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

Hanyu was totally awesome, I'm grateful there's someone who has such excellent skating skills PLUS the passion and musicality to knock Chan off his golden throne. I REALLY enjoyed his long porgram, I hope Bestemianova and Bobrin continue to do his choreography :respec:

2. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Whoohoo, such a big skate (if I can say so :D)! Really glad for him - he was the third guy whom I really, really wanted to do well at those championships - after Dai (good skates as well - and also a good place :)) and Jeremy (not so good skates and placing :(). But I truly didn't expect a podium finish with so many great and more experienced skaters in that competition. So, it would have been a double joy, if not for Jeremy who could have been on the podium, if he had skated as he did at the USA Nationals. But huge congratulations to Yuzuru anyway :)! That really was the skate of the day (not of the night - that belongs to Carolina :)).

3. sequins

sequins Active Member

My first time seeing him and I hope not the last. I'll be watching. He is something very special. He had me teary-eyed today with his absolute exhaustion and emotion. It's why you love skating, for those moments. Loved that he got a medal and the way he was when he came out to step onto the podium was:lol::D:rofl: too cute. I think Dai and Patrick got a kick out of him too. It was a great podium I love all 3, they are all so special and so supremely talented.

4. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Congrats Hanyu. You skated brilliantly. I am sure we will be seeing you more in the international scene. You are so talented and cute!:)

5. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Oh oh isn't he CUTE!!

6. justAfsfan

justAfsfan Active Member

Yuzuru, your journey from last year earthquake to today podium touch my heart.

Travel six hours to practise after you rink is damage, dealing with sadness and tragedy, attend show to get ice time.

You are incredible skater but better human being.

7. missysays

missysays Active Member

This young man pours his soul into his skates- which is why every once in awhile you'll see him splat on simple footwork because he's so into the music and the performance... He's special!

Also, I've loved the Baz Luhrman Romeo and Juliet soundtrack for a long, long time but no one has ever done justice to it in a skating performance. Not only has his choreographic team found the perfect edit to that music but he has both the power and the tender youthfulness to really bring it to life. Just amazing.

I also love his Justin Bieber exhibition- too cute!

I look forward to watching more of his skating in the future.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

His tears at Worlds were so touching. Very cute !

9. justAfsfan

justAfsfan Active Member

If anyone haven't seen; Hanyu gala at DOI 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YtnB1VGfc&feature=

What happen to his jump? His 3A air position is never this bad and he enter it with no transition; so different than last year.

His height in other jump is not so good too.

10. os168

os168 Active Member

OMG what happend to Hanyu? :eek: Is he still injured?

11. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

((Hanyu)) His falls tend to look so painful, and he's such a slight figure on the ice, it's not a wonder people gasp as they do.