Yuna shines in qualifying for worlds

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

To be completely fair to lowthelore, yes, Maobots exist and yes, there are often Japanese Maobots (at least they write in Japanese) who troll certain places (YT in particular comes to mind). They will hate Yu-na enough that they will make YT vids specifically to try and "prove" that Yuna is not just an awful skater but also an awful person - all pretty pathetic

But give me a break! The same behavior exists in reverse and there have been plenty derogatory comments made about Mao as well by Yunabots on the internet. And frankly, I haven't seen on this specific thread anyone whose behavior comes close to the one described above, and certainly not from Aussie Willy :lol:

Here dear, have some popcorn on me :watch:

2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

No it is not fine because you are still trying to establish stereotypes based on nationality and ethnicity. But also the fact you told another poster who supported me that you didn't believe them, you wanted to hear it from myself, is unbelievably rude to them. There are quite a few posters on this board who personally know me and have met me. If they tell you I am Australian you should believe them.

succubus and (deleted member) like this.
  3. falling_dance

falling_dance Bravo, Patrick.

It's not obvious to me that any poster should be subjected to such questioning in the first place.

Very true, alas.

4. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Did I say I don't believe you're an Australian? I'm an American, you can believe that right? And I'm Asian, ethnically. Why are you so upset on a simple inquiry. If you say you don't want to answer, I'll take it simple and easy.

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I am not upset, I am angry. I don't give a crap about your "Asian" background because it has absolutely no bearing on my evaluation of your opinions or your questioning of me. Just as whatever my background is totally irrelevant to my opinions that I have expressed here. Because there are number of other factors that have assisted in developing my opinions which you obviously choose to ignore. So at the end of the day it has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity. But I do know that the opinion myself and others are developing of you through this line of questioning is that you obviously have no clue about respect, and trying to establish a person's ethnic background on this forum is tantamount to racism because of stereotypes you may have about Asian skating fans.

6. os168

os168 Active Member

Uhhh WTH? Lowtheslore... what does it matter if anyone is Asian, Australian, Alien can you stop with your profiling? Please... just stop!!! This is really insulting!

7. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

I've seen both skate competitively several times at international events and, in terms of emotion and engaging with an audience, there is no comparison. Kwan wins hands down for me.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  8. fscric

fscric Active Member

Wow! lowtherlore! You're making a fool of yourself and embarrassing your fellow Yuna fans, please take a step back and focus your energy on enjoying Yuna's skating. Seriously, your uberness can rival 'let's bs' from another forum.

9. os168

os168 Active Member

No one has said Kwan isn't.

She is the standard no doubt about it, even I agree with that and I am sure Yuna herself. In her early performances you can even sort of seeing her projecting Kwan's Lyra in performances like in Lark Ascending. Given how closely both costumes resembled as noted by several Chinese articles, I would not be surprised what inspired it. But imagine if going to every Patrick, Daisuke, Hanyu thread and read comment like he is not good as Kurt! I mean who is! Does it need to be said :p
    Theoretically I suppose I could goto every current competitive ladies thread and goes that is not as good Yuna and see what happens :EVILLE: It will make the admin's job a bit harder though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

:lol:

One thing for lowtherlore is that they haven't attacked fellow Yuna fans by saying they are not uber enough, so we are thankfully not quite there yet :D

11. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I am going to laugh so loud if she places top two at Worlds and qualifies 3 spots for Korean ladies at Sochi.

12. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:scream::yikes::scream:
    Thanks Almighty!

13. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh, lowtherlore.:fragile:

14. Shaia

Shaia New Member

LMAO. How many times have I seen this in a Yuna thread? And with such fine objective assessments as "I vastly prefer MK over Yuna because she always looked elegant on the ice" and "in terms of emotion and engaging with audience, there is no comparison." :rollin:

Well, if you want to take that route in a thread titled "Yuna shines in qualifying for worlds", please allow me to give my own subjective two cents:

If Kwan was competing today at her peak, amongst today's skaters, she would be Akiko Suzuki.

Now, going back on-topic, I think it is not unreasonable for one to think that Yuna's SP and LP this year, in terms of choreography, are not as good as Yuna's best programs, such as Gershwin or even Homage. Part of it is that we have been spoiled by Yuna and David Wilson too much, to the degree that the choreography this year seems rather ordinary and bland, relatively speaking. But I am not sure what Yuna can do more with the given choreography to display more "emotion."

Bottom line for me is that Yuna's recent rendition of Les Mis ranks as one of my top 3 or top 5 favorite performances Yuna has ever done.

15. os168

os168 Active Member

Oh no you didn't! What utter rubbish :angryfire Kwan is the best!!! But then... it is better than say she is Ashley Wagner I suppose.
    Are you saying Yuna is worse than Akiko at emotional projection now?! :confused: :lol:

16. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Erm, yes?

17. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I take offense by this whole post. What is it that Yuna can't be compared with Michelle and she can't be inferior to anyone in anything? It's an honor for Yuna to be talked and compared along with MK because, what MK had accomplished during her career and how she pushed the sport further on would never be matched by anyone, in any future. I'm not saying Yuna did nothing to the sport, but saying that she did a lot more than any other ladies skaters have since MK yet not as much or more. And, Akiko didn't win 5 world titles and never won a national title let alone to follow 9 one of Michelle's.

I've had my share of being fed up by all kinds of bots--there's none like Yunabots and Maobots in the world, seriously,-- but now this thread is letting me see another level of that nasty aspect. Enough is enough.

18. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh, puleeeeeeease just stop. You've done enough to make your point.

19. Shaia

Shaia New Member

lol, l'etoile. You are missing the point. Why would you want to compare Yuna and Michelle? And most importantly, WHO is doing the comparison here?

20. os168

os168 Active Member

I would be more convinced if you didn't add 'Erm' and the '?'

Erm = doubt, uncertainty, processing, should i lie or tell the truth.
    ? = I want to see what I can get away with so I am just going to lie anyway, because I just can't just stand the idea Yuna may beat my Goddess Carolina... just Nooooo!! So I obsessively troll all her threads trying to put her down.

Good job :watch: carry on :)

21. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

You are all missing the point

Actually, no one comes even close to Lipnitskaya in terms of human warmth and emtional projection when they skate. That's a fact. Because I said so. And no one else is allowed to think otherwise. Let alone feel otherwise :yikes: If you do, then that means that you understand nothing of art, figure skating, and life in general, and I look down on you from my pedestal of selfrighteousness with great pity :drama:

(Second drama icon in two days - this thread is awesome :D)

Now that we've cleared that point, can we go back to discuss Yu-na Kim's return and delicious skating (well, not as good or delicious as Lipnitskaia's, of course, but you get my drift) in peace?

22. Shaia

Shaia New Member

Amen to that. Now I got to go back to work.

23. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Of course ethnic background or nationality doesn’t matter in voicing his/her opinion. I was asking Aussie Willy if she's of Asian descent, because she shares the pattern and repetition of the motivated Mao/Japan bots who frequent Yu-Na threads, thus giving me suspicion if she’s ethnic Japanese unlike her nickname suggests. And she hasn’t answered yet. No insulting intended.

24. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

You suspect someone of being a Maobot, but don't mean any insult by it. Yup, totally following along.

25. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

I have seen Aussie Willy on a TV clip and I can assure you she is not of Asian origin. So shut up.

26. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Awesome but underrated by her own federation? Akiko :cheer2: :respec:

As for the rest, this is not a Yuna uber thread. If you want a fan-centric discussion, that belongs in the trash can, not in GSD.

27. Shaia

Shaia New Member

LOL. lowtherlore, please stop. Of 100 posters here, there is maybe 1 or 2 "Maobots" here. (and that's why this place is scary :p)

If you didn't know, most "Maobots" don't even come to english forums like FSU.

28. os168

os168 Active Member

OMG you feel the same way tooo, she makes me teary.... i want go and drink my Absolut Vodka just to get over it. But seriously I think Julia is seriously talented and really underrated. If she is American, or Canadian, she would have been treated so much better on all the English board.

BTW My pedestral of selfrighteousness is clearly only 3 inches tall relative to the overwhelming Tower of selfrighteousness everyone apparently built to welcome to current leading lady. Even Mao, Miki and Carolina don't get this amount of scrutiny after a good performance. And no, I don't demand other to feel what i feel, but as someone with a strong view, of course I am going to strongly put forward my view, otherwise what's the point of a forum? I don't do PC anyway, it is vastly over rated.

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  29. a56

a56 New Member

I totally understand what you're saying, and I know you meant no insult, unlike the way other people have responded to you. Don't respond to her anymore as she "won't accept your apology" - honestly, the posters who respond with the "faux outrage" complete with expletives over some honestly innocent thing said are really not worth the time or effort to convince otherwise. They've already made up their mind. Time to move on.

30. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

You're right! Julia is artistically better than Kwan, Kim, Baiul and Chen combined!

:lol: LMAO!! Thanks Ray, I needed that! ;)

I have to say, this is one of the uglier threads I've read in a while. Nationality, race and ethnicity, Yu-Na bashing, Michelle bashing (Michelle at her peak = Akiko? Really?). It's sad people feel the need to trash other people's opinions just b/c they don't agree with them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.