Yuna shines in qualifying for worlds

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Oops, I didn't even notice this. I'm sorry, but this is a fail.

2. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Your motives are obvious. Because Aussie Willy is not gushing over Yuna as much as you believe anyone should, you desperately want to prove that she must be of Japanese descent, which would then prove the reason AW "hates" Yuna is because she is of Japanese descent, since Japanese FS fan = Yuna hater. Then, if all of the above were true, you can then dismiss anything AW has ever said about Yuna as racism/patriotism, making you right and your beloved Yuna the undisputed queen of the ice, free of criticism by anyone.

Does that sum it up nicely enough?

Jackwad.

3. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I'll repeat what others are saying. Mao or Japan have NOTHING to do with the discussion.
    Please read the posts- over many years- of people you single out. Not their posts about Yu-Na, but all their posts on this boards.
    AussieWilly is a judge, and writes a lot about the intricacies of the new judging system.
    IceAlisa is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about ballet; the form matters to her and she consistently evaluates skaters based on their extension, point etc. Yu- Na is not singled out.
    Shine is passionate about experimental, artistic skating, and consistently posts about it.
    They are from three different countries VERY far apart ( none of them Japan)
    All these people have been watching skating for - probably- decades. Their opinions are based on their preference, not on anybody's Nationality. How do I know that? I read FSU, and have my own opinions, based on watching all skating, all disciplines, for a very long time and with great interest. I could name favorite skaters for all these posters, and it would not be Mao ( or not only Mao, and the nationalities of skaters would vary)
    Fans like that do not form an opinion to be pro or anti somebody, but base their opinions on their taste.
    Until this year, I was meh about Chan, despite his great abilities and achievements. He converted me this year.
    Yu-Na has great ability ( of course she is one of the greats, stupid to deny). But she is yet to convert me to be her great fan ( I like her, admire her... but I love some others). Perhaps if she goes out of her comfort zone artistically, she'll convert me, as well. And if she does not, it's OK. She's Yu-Na. She is a great skater. What does it matter if somebody does not like something? But fans of skating ( not one skater) are flexible, contrary to what you believe.

npavel, IceAlisa, kwanfan1818 and 3 others like this.
  4. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

We already know the Korea vs Japan thing gets out of control and crazy. I find it especially ridiculous when they attack each other by saying the other group is ugly. Sitting in the stands at 2009 Worlds, I honestly couldn't tell who was Japanese or Korean until they pulled out their little flags. :lol:

5. Iamahugefan

Iamahugefan New Member

Wow, just seeing this beautiful girl perform again has really been a breath of fresh air! If anything, her absence from figure skating has only made me understand how important she is to the sport!

It's interesting how so many folks can be extremely catty on these boards and on YT.. at the end of the day, we still are just sitting behind on our computer screens bitching, complaining, nitpicking, and so on, while these athletes are working so incredibly hard and sacrificing so much so that.. we can!? lol. We should show some gratitude once in awhile, no?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    os168 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. theguitarist

theguitarist New Member

Yep, this makes me wonder if FSU is not a carefully-planned sociological experiment conducted by some Big Brother.

7. FSUSF

FSUSF New Member

OKAY, WHY DON'T YOU KEYBOARD WARRIORS FIGHT USING PRIVATE MESSAGES INSTEAD OF POLLUTING THIS THREAD?

8. overedge

overedge where's the remote?

I guess you missed all the posts in this thread where many people said they liked Yu-na's performance.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  9. allezfred

allezfred Papadakis/Cizeron Are World Champions! Wheeeee! Staff Member

I think this thread has truly run its course so if to be all "ADMIN"-ish, thread closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.