Yuna Kim's Kiss & Cry on SBS.

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RunnersHigh, Jun 7, 2011.

1. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

This is a thread about Yuna Kim's Kiss & Cry. - I knew there's another thread on its ratings but it's one thing another, IMHO. If any of you got annoyed with this, just ask ADMIN to merge. ;)

Some videos not aired in Episode 3

Kyou-Hyuk, Lee said in an interview that he first thought little of figure skating because he is so good at skate and edge.
    But after Episode 2, he said "I got to know that I skated just one direction - leftward - but figure skating asked me to skate not only leftward but also rightward and backward, to use inside and outside edge both and to control the speed fast and slow and fast.. Now I'm not thinking little of figure skating and I admires figure skaters. I mean, for the first time in my life, I got to admire My younger brother who had been a figure skater."

2. Shaia

Shaia New Member

Thanks for starting this thread! I was really bothered about the title of the other thread, and this one is much more objective and neutral. Thank you!

3. RunnersHigh

4. Shaia

Shaia New Member

5. RunnersHigh

EPISODE 4.

Byoung-Mahn Kim & Soo-Kyoung Lee performed really well. Even though he's flat-footed and not in a good shape for injury-twisting his right ankle, the No.1 comedian in Korea who skated mere 2 months showed jumps, spirals and interesting choreographs here and there. There's some mistakes and falls but the team won the best scores yet - there're 5 more teams to perform in EP5. At Kiss & Cry, there's not a kiss but a cry - from crowds there and judges including Yuna - I cried too..

Crystal & Dong-Hun Lee quarreled all the time during the practices but performed noticeably well at competition. Their lifts were remarkable. :)

Yunho & Claudia Muller had no time to practice because Yuhno was abroad to perform as a member of Group "東方神起". - I heard they practices together only twice.

IU & In-Hwa Choi were cute. IU improved her skating skills tremendously compared with her single skating at first - Reportedly, she skated 4 hrs a day.

Jun-Keum Park and Do-Hwan Kim's performance was fun to watch.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Shaia

Shaia New Member

7. invierno

invierno Member

Incredible. I can't tell which part is Yuna when they are in higher keys(I can recognize Yuna's voice in low keys though.). They both kind of sound similar. And this song is very good! Quite difficult as well.:rollin: Yuna would have made a very successful singer if she had chosen that path. She has the face, body, voice, musicality, dance moves, face, did I say face twice?:p
    And I'm so so glad she chose figureskaking.:swoon:

8. lakewood

lakewood New Member

9. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

I love the lyrics! It's true they sound similar during the high notes. Now I wonder what her sister would sound like, as I recall Yu-Na once calling her sister a much better singer. Seems like a lot of talent in the family.

Good job, Yu-Na!

10. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Honestly wasn't too impressed with this show in the beginning, but it's getting much better. It helps that the show is such a hotness overload with Yuna, Son Dambi and Yu Sun Hye :hat1:
    More than anything, I'm surprised Korea had some decent ice dancers who just had hard time finding right partner. I know they are retired, but I really wish Yu Sun Hye and Kim Hyun Cheol will team up after this show.

11. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if through this show we'll see any pairs teams emerge out of Korea. I always thought Min-Jeong Kwak would do well in pairs (although now she may be a bit taller than ideal for it), but it really seems like there are no pair partners/prospects at all in Korea right now, which is a shame. Ho Jung Lee is another skater I think could do well in pairs due to her small, compact build and lovely carriage on the ice.

12. invierno

invierno Member

Yeah, I had a similar thought. ;) Do you remember the Korean girl who skated in 4CC? I'm not sure if it was 2008 or 2009. Her name was Hyunjung Kim and she was very tiny.(By the way, she skated to Arirang as well!:D) While I adored her skating, I kept thinking what if she tried pair skating. It seemed more suitable for her. I haven't seen her quite a while and fear she might have already retired.

13. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Hyunjung Kim didn't compete last season due to injuries. I doubt she will compete again as a single skater. She's now a freshman at Ewha Women's Univ, and coaches and choreographs for her 15-yr old brother Hwanjin.

Hyunjung and Hwanjin together doing an exhibition number (Feb 2010):

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=jjng21&logNo=20104275722

Ep 6 preview for Yu-Na Kim's Kiss and Cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhI_7auZpyQ&feature=player_embedded

Ep 6 will be a progress check with Yu-Na on each team's preparation for the 2nd round of competition, for which the required theme is "Dance" (the theme for the 1st round was "Couple"). It has become my favorite weekend TV show!

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.