Yuna Kim - Korean Pop Singer

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Visaliakid, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

Yuna performs 3 songs during SBS TV's latest concert show 'Chocolate'

Blazing Blades

2. cadavis

cadavis New Member

Oh, I was about to post a new thread about it. Thanks, Visaliakid!

Here are HD videos with better audio quality:

Train ride (originally by IU)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeaNa8mIwuU

I'm in love (originally by Narsha)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xEtMsCmS8

Garden in the air (originally by BOA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTWj1XrdVw0

The show was recorded July 20 and was broadcast tonight August 1. She really sings very well and I hope you guys enjoy these songs although they are in Korean.

But, Visaliakid, your thread title makes me feel like to remind you of one of her interviews right after the Olympics:

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

She's such a good a singer! And she sang a song by BoA!

:swoon:

4. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Awww, she's so beautiful! I don't understand what she is saying, but her voice and tone to me is more pleasing to listen to than most US female pop singers. Then again, Yu-Na has way more class than most US female pop singers too. :encore:

5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Yuna is amazing. I mean she's like good at everything, and seems really sweet and classy and genuine despite all her fame.

6. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

I know Yuna doesn't want to enter showbiz but her voice is wonderful. :D

7. cadavis

cadavis New Member

Oh I forgot to add this link.
    http://www.allkpop.com/2010/08/kim-yuna-admires-iu-and-younha

ETA: Full Yuna Kim episode of the show including talks.

Part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0mb4h55m7Q
    Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtfK0SZUh2o

(No English subtitle yet)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Man, that gal has a lovely voice! Would it come across as too conceited if she were to skate to a recording of herself singing? I hope not.

9. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

love yu-na but most kpop is even more gross, manufactured and unoriginal than american pop :coffee:

10. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

She has a really pretty voice. The girl is just way too talented. :)

11. tkrm7778

tkrm7778 Member

She has a really good musical ear and rythm – those songs are really not easy at all to memorize and intonate well! Her expression is sincere and nice, but it certainly shows nobody ever coached her – like for example, she is not moving at all on the stage, just standing still, etc. She is also a little bit shy about the whole thing –*like she doesn't believe that people really like it. It would be very interesting to see her perform after some real singing coaching and rehearsals... However it is very sweet and somehow touching to see her like this too :)

12. nightingale

nightingale New Member

Wow, I never would have thought that she sings aswell! She has a lovely voice and indeed could enter the showbiz as a singer. Amazing Gurl!

13. miki88

miki88 New Member

Sadly, I have to agree. Jpop is far more interesting. With that said, Yuna has a good voice. Even though she says she has no plans to enter showbiz, it can be good second career when she decides to retire from skating. I know several former Chinese female gymnasts have entered the business doing acting and singing since their retirement.

14. amaro

amaro Active Member

Yuna has a wonderful singing voice.:eek: Thanks for the great videos.

15. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

Not so much gross, manufactured, outdated and unoriginal as Jpop. :) Most Jpop songs sound exactly the same, with the high school girl in uniform styles dug out from 1980s, the last time Jpop's was popular in Asia. Sorry to Jpop fans, but I just can't stand it... eww

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  16. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

you should be quoting the user praising jpop, which was not me. I don't really listen to either, though. which is not to say that the japanese and korean music industries don't have any good or talented acts - they do, I'm just talking about the majority of bubblegum pop acts which dominate the charts and get the most exposure overseas.

I only commented cos I saw typical comments implying the crappiness of the current american pop scene (which I don't deny) but I can't stand by and just say nothing when kpop is really just a blatant imitation of american pop that people love to bash so much. taking foreign influences and leaving a unique imprint is a great thing. but kpop takes it too far and continues to be ridden with plagiarism scandals almost all the time to an insane degree and dripping with blatant carbon copies of american (trash) pop culture acts (influence is fine, but they go too far), and almost 90 percent of songs are filled with nonsensical random english words here and there (some japanese songs are also guilty of the last part

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  17. miki88

miki88 New Member

I believe that statement is directed at me. ;) I feel there are actually some interesting music arrangements in some Jpop unlike the generic ones in most Kpop. Korean pop singers generally have more pleasing voices so it is unfortunate that they don't have more original pieces to work with. Actually rehashing the 80's style is not a bad thing since that was a great period for popular music.

18. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Despite liking K-Pop, every K-Pop song I've listened to sound the same. Songs from 2NE1 and 4minute, for example, are very similar.

I agree. Hikaru Utada usually uses some very interesting music arrangements!

:swoon:

19. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

20. Lookingood

Lookingood New Member

Who cares Kpop or Jpop!
    But Yuna has a beautiful singing voice!

21. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Kpop or Jpop, I hope she doesn't enter that world! You can have fun all you want but stick to skating Yuna! :biggrinbo

22. query5

query5 New Member

just curious- can she really sing.
    i mean all i hear is the music, her voice is so soft.
    so i wonder. does she lip sync it to the words. just wondering.
    the few tibits i do hear sounds like a nice voice but it doesn't carry well over music that is played loud.

23. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

That's right!

This is about a skater singing live in the stage at home.
    NOT about K-pop or J-pop! Get back to your seat, plz!

24. RunnersHigh

Gosh, hope this can help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdysEK785YE

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  25. AlexDSSF

AlexDSSF Member

I was watching KBS World recently, and there was a piece about a singer named Yuna Kim. But not the one you think. There is a difference between her name and that of the Olympic champion. The former is transliterated as Yu-na, while technically the latter is transliterated as Yeon-a or Yeo-na. I gather that a Korean can easily distinguish between the two.

26. RunnersHigh

^ Yeah, I know who you're talking about.

And, there're so many different persons with the same name in Korea because Korean name mostly consists of just 3 characters (1 for last name and the rest for first name).

For example, your first(??)name, Alex is "알렉스" in Korean, already 3 characters without last name.:lol:

Added to that, "Kim" is the most common surname in Korea.

Sorry off the topic...

27. cadavis

cadavis New Member

Genius! I thought it was 100% live! Would you let me know exactly when she was out of sync? I'd like to check.

You are right with the latter, but the former is Kim Yoon-Ah, the lead vocalist for the band Jaurim. One of my favorite songs of Jaurim is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwcJlBLZCAE

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  28. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

How is this related the quality of the country's music scene?? They paid for the copyrights for the CM jingles, otherwise Samsung Electronics, the CM owner, should have been sued by the copyright owners, if copyrights are what you are talking about.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  29. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  30. Harryharry

Harryharry New Member

Oh, she wore a Tory Burch mini-dress..cute!! :hat1: