Yuna Kim announces new programs for 2013-14 season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

2. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

3. RunnersHigh

That's what costume is! When I first saw her costume in a picture of an article, I though it's yellow but friends there in Zagreb said it's greenish and beautiful with beads. Under the lighting, it looked better and better like sunflowers under the Tuscan sun.

4. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

5. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

:yawn: I take it all back--I don't like the SP and Yuna didn't not improve her line after all, at least not in this performance. 73 for that?

Ummm, sunflowers in full bloom are bright yellow, bordering on orange. I know how they look, in or out of the sun, since we used to grow them at the summer house and even get one every once in a while in the backyard. Yuna's dress is greenish yellow, the color of mustard, if you want to be kind. As I am in health care, other analogies come to mind. :scream:

7. RunnersHigh

Officially the color of her costume is OLIVE GREEN.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Sounds about right. Why did she choose this color? So unflattering. I would guess this dress is just a place holder and she has something else in the works.

9. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Actually in her interview after the SP she said that they will modify it..

i think i will give her a break. this is only her first competition.. she seems cautious and nervous. I like this SP..i don't know even though the music is supposed to be sad/emotional i kinda feel happy about it.. which is weird. hopefully she will have time to improve.. and not being careless like what she said in her interview after her SP like the mistake with her 2a.

10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I like the dress' design. It would be nice in a shade of red, for instance. The music doesn't call for any particular color, so she should just go with whatever flatters her most IMO.

11. reese

reese Well-Known Member

The puffy arms are what ruins the dress and somehow draws more attention to her poor leg lines because you aren't distracted by her elegant arms.

12. jatale

jatale New Member

Her costume is olive green and I think she looks lovely in it. I love her SP.

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  13. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Hell I'm just relieved that she didn't dress up like a clown. +3 GOE for not taking the literal route.

14. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I wish she would have really reminded us of Tonya Harding by ending it with "Wild Thing".

15. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Ehh that dress is hideous. It's the worst combination of yellow and green you can do... At least Nancy's was more gold/yellow colored.

I really wish David would have given her better music cuts. Send in the Clowns is a such a beautiful piece of music and Yuna's short program is literally the same melody playing for an entire 3 minutes. He really could have mixed it up.

16. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

Maybe she is trying to channel Peggy and her chartreuse dress?

Personally, I like it when skaters wear "non-traditional" colors. I'm all for people breaking the mold...even if it means your skin looks a little jaundice. :p

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  17. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I think Send in the Clowns loses a lot of impact without the lyrics…and when it's out of context.

18. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Well wait until next season. :p

19. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Are you saying they are going to allow lyrics next season? :scream:

20. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

You didn't know?

Part of the reasoning for the rule change is to reduce repetitive music selections. However I suspect we'll see just as many Carmens, Les Miserables, and Phantom....only now with vocals. :p

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  21. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, iloveemoticons.

What exactly did she do differently at that practice that made her lines look better to you?

Do you really mean vomit (sorry everyone else) :rolleyes:? If it's of this color, then there is something very, very wrong with that person. As I am not into health care, I can't think of anything else at all.

I don't see what is so hideous about it. The cut and bedding are nice, although not anything spectacular. The color is untraditional, but certainly not ugly, if only everything that's not traditional and standard is not ugly per se for you.

Other than that a beautiful program and good enough skate for the first competition of the season.

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

"Carmen" with Horne, Baltsa, Resnik, Michel :cheer2:

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

lauravvv, in her free skate practice Yuna stretched her body and extended her limbs better. The flexed feet were not as egregious. She really got into the character of the music and used the accents well, although the choreography is to be credited for that. She just seemed more free and sold the program in a way that I was buying. ;) In the SP performance, she was back to the Yuna whose skating I respect for the excellent SS and amazing jump technique but don't really love.

As to your second question, do you really need colored illustrations?

24. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding. I'll have to rewatch it.

No, of course not. It's just that such a comparison reminds me of when someone compared the color of Savchenko's 'Pina' LP dress to a rotten drowned corpse which was not even realistic :rolleyes:.

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I haven't seen that dress but I can readily imagine the color. Can you link the dress, I am curious if what I have in mind matches the actual dress.

26. smarts1

OMG those Korean commentators are annoying in Miki's SP video. And they bashed her jumps!!!

And I'm wondering where all those Korean people came from in the stands... There are no Korean people in Croatia!

27. TripleWallie

TripleWallie New Member

:eek: Where do Koreans come from? :rofl:

Robeye and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

:lol:

29. smarts1

Haha, I was being serious! After Yuna skated, the cameras looked in the crowd and almost everyone was Korean and the ice was littered with flowers and stuffed animals. But really where did they come from? Surely, they didn't all fly from Korea...

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

You didn't know that Yuna has dedicated fans? ;)