Yuna Kim announces new programs for 2013-14 season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Aug 26, 2013.

1. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Is there an acronym for these programs?

I mean abbreviation.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I didn't think it was miles ahead of her competitors.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I don't think so. BMMS doesn't really have a good ring to it. ;)

4. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Yuna's "Send in the Clowns" moreso than her FS music, but either way I have no doubt she will rightfully capture another Olympic Gold Medal. I honestly don't think there's anybody out there that can rival her, she has it all, truly. She's the only one that has a *realistic* chance of tieing Sonja's three Olympic gold medals, especially with 2018 being in her home country, that's icing on the cake and she will only be 27 years old. :smokin:

GOOOOOOOOOOOO YUNA, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR HEARTBREAKING "SEND IN THE CLOWNS" AT THE OLYMPICS! :hat1::kickass:

5. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Except for a pointed toe ;)

6. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

:D I like it!

I really like the musical arrangement of Yuna's "Send in the Clowns" program. I was not particularly excited about the music choice at first, but she sold me after I saw the program!

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I think that this is a perfectly valid criticism. But if we start to pick at her competitors' weaknesses, the lists are going to be much longer. ;)

8. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Yes, they did a wonderful job of preparing a young lady to skate. However, I think it is an entirely different set of skills that is required to prepare a skater for an OGM.

Now, does that impact what Yu-Na has decided to do, or has done? Obviously, the proof will be in the competition. She put her entire being into that first medal. She is taking a different path this time. May result in another medal, may not, but she is a brilliant skater, and I am just happy she is competing.

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  9. miki88

miki88 New Member

I feel Orser deserved considerable credit for preparing Kim so well for the Vancouver Olympics. Her Korean coaches deserve credit for giving her the basics but Orser helped her reach the top by improving her condition and confidence. One can say she was fortunate to find the right coaches at the correct time points in her career.

10. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't know why more coaches haven't looked at and studied what Kim's original and current coaches have done when developing her technique and skating skills. I know a lot of is natural talent, but I also think most of it has to be great teaching with Kim's talent, personality, and drive completing the package to create the dominant skater she is today.

Excellent basics and unquestionable rotations and excellent air in jumps is just a winning combination, especially now when such things are quantified into actual points.

11. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Let's call it GMB, Generic Men's Ballad. Though I think of it as a jazzy piece, rather than a macho movie soundtrack. Often accompanied by suspenders in the costume. Whenever I see suspenders at the start of a man's SP, I expect the program to be a GMB.

12. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I know. Besides the foot position, her layback is fine. It used to be even faster, but it's adequate now. Most importantly, she gets incredible arch in her back. That's all I care in a layback anyway.

Think Tonia K with her perfect layback leg and non-arch. Just no.

13. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

I agree that Brian Orser deserved credit.
    But there're some others.

IIRC,
    - Many former Korean coaches - Basic skills and jumps.
    - Tracy Wilson - Stroking skills, expression and all-round skating quality.
    - Astrid Shrubb - Spins.
    - David Wilson - Expression, joy of skating, music, musicals, movies and choreography.
    - Jae-Hyeong Song and other Korean physical therapists - Rehabilitation and off ice training.

Whatever,
    the most important is Yuna loves to train with young Korean skaters and her current coaches, enjoys life in Seoul with family and KSU guarantees her training environment and private life completely.

I know you all want much more perfect Yuna as a skater but you know? She will retire in two and a half months.

Period.

14. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

:wuzrobbed

15. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Yuna's encore skate. Certainly, Yuna has benefited from learning under the best coaches but she herself is highly talented and hard working otherwise, no amount of coaching can help anyone to be the best.

16. bek

bek Guest

I would imagine to that Korea might have more stars in the future. I remember reading somewhere years ago in Kim's first senior season that there were not a lot of kids trying figure skating in Korea. One would hope that with Kim's success ore will give it a try which could lead to more stars.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Kim Takes Golden Spin To Zagreb (competition recap and photos): http://blog.europeonice.com/?eid=441

ETA: Kim Yu-na Mulls Final Tune-up at Home Before Olympics

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  18. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

Yuna has apparently confirmed her participation at Korean Nationals, which are being held Jan 3-5. She put in the paperwork over the weekend.

So it looks like we will be seeing her at least once more before Sochi. :)

Yuna seems to be following a very similar game plan to that of last season, a B comp, then Nationals, then the Big Enchilada.