Yu-Na talks about this season and her plan--Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Investigator, May 31, 2010.

1. Investigator

Investigator New Member

At the interview before leaving Korea, she announced her future plan.

She said, "I will go back to Toronto for regular training. Therefore, I don't retire now. I already had been at the place that every skater want to be, I feel less burden. I want to show new character every season. There are so many characters that I didn't try, so I want to perform as variable characters."

However, she didn't confirm the participation at GP series.

;)

This is a new link(sorry, this is not written in English)

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=109&article_id=0002109538

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Before leaving for Toronto today, Yu-Na said in her interview that she won't be retiring for now and will be preparing for next season with new competition programs.

"I am focusing on this season now. When I say I will retire, it would be the time that I can't compete anymore."

"This season's plan is not confirmed yet." said Yu-na, implying that she will still discuss with Orser about it.

"Since I already reached a highest place where an athlete can every try, I am feeling less pressure. I would like to show a variety of programs. Each season, I want to show a different character. There are many I haven't tried yet, and I want to compete with many characters as possible."

According to Yu-Na, what remains in her memory is "that I met my family and my friends whom I couldn't see since I was in TO too long."
    "I had (this year's) first ice show in April, after the Olympics. It was also a memorable moment."

Yu-Na said "I was really happy although I was tired and exhausted last 2 months. I was able to feel that feeling when I was on the ice during the ice shows. I am preparing for another ice shows in July. Stay tuned!"

http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G1005310278

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Ooops, someone already posted the same news. Admin, merge this thread to the one below plz :)

4. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

Is this official? For real? :)

5. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

:cheer:

Before the new rules were announced, I would say she should revisit the 3loop.

But now, perhaps she should try the 3axel instead. Her 2axel has always been very solid and she stands to gain a lot more points even for a flawed or under-rotated 3axel.

May the best adaptor win.

6. amaro

amaro Active Member

Combining what I have heard so far, she decided she will continue to compete, although she is not sure yet whether she will skip this coming season or not.

7. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Official & Real! In front of reporters and fans there.

8. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Kudos to Queen Yuna for showing her royal middle finger to all the haters. :kickass:
    I hope she does the same to stupid new rules and just concentrate on further enhancing artistic impression and showing wonderful new programs.

9. RunnersHigh

Hey!
    Her Majesty the Queen may not be pleased at your rudeness.
    Hold your tongue and kneel down! :lol:

10. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

She said if the new rules are set, she will be willing to adapt and prepare for it. Good for her! :D

11. amaro

amaro Active Member

While she said she will keep her eligible status, she doesn't seem to have said much because practically, she can decide against competing for this season and go into a Kwan-like semi-retirement.

12. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

True, but it will depend on her training in Toronto. Come to think of it, the new rules will give her a new challenge.

13. RunnersHigh

:cheer2:

Love her because of something like that. I'll be busy this season to visit China and/or Japan.

Rottie and (deleted member) like this.
  14. bek

bek Guest

Maybe. I actually felt like it would be smart for her to keep her eligibility even if she is considering retiring. Because she's only 19, and she could so find that she misses competitive skating a year or so later.

15. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

16. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

I love this!

17. amaro

amaro Active Member

While I am eager to see her back in competitions, it would be tough to actually get yourself back in the competitive mode. Competitions are no picnics, and all the skaters coming to the events are hungry for a win and will exert all their energy for that, teeth and nails. It would be interesting to see whether she will be able to find something that can reignite the fierce Yuna, and if she actually decides to compete then what the motivation will be.

18. Investigator

Investigator New Member

Hmm, I think that it is better if this thread merged into another thread with the same issue. ;)

19. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I just saw a news clip of Yuna announcing her intention to stay competitive.
    She almost sounded like "Why would I train in Toronto if I were to retire?"
    She also said she will decide on competition schedule after discussing with her coaching staff, but I seriously doubt that Brian Orser will tell her, "you are the Olympic champion. Just kick back and take it easy." ;)
    Like she said, she shouldn't feel pressure and if she were to take part in the GP series, she should do it like run throughs IMO.

20. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Not to mention with her new trainer! :lol:

21. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Ditto. Why hire someone if she isn't going to use her/him?

I can't wait for next season to start.
    It will be great watching beautiful skating from not only Yuna, but also Mirai and Laura.
    I'm also eager to see how much improvement Ksenia Butylskova will make.

22. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Now, it will be interesting how these new rules affect Yuna or the other skaters.

23. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Glad she won't. Gal is a real deal.

24. ros01

ros01 New Member

I hope she can go forward without the insane pressure she seemed to be under from the Korean media and fans this Olympic season. I'd certainly like to see her grow and develop even more!

25. clara00

clara00 New Member

Wow :D soooooooooooooo good news!!!! thanks Yuna!!!

26. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

After winning the OGM, Alexei Urmanov competed for 4 more seasons. He eventually won all the major championships except the Worlds.

27. ainouta

ainouta Well-Known Member

Yu-Na has already won all of the major championships she's eligible for.
    But hopefully she'll show a more relaxed version of herself for this coming season and really enjoys competing.

28. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

True, but I'd love to see her try and recapture her World title, and do programs with a 3lo and 3a so she can have successfully done a program with the complete set of triple jumps. Plus the fact that she has won every title makes me think she may chose to compete less, maybe just grand prix and worlds, skip 4CC, WTT and any other minor competitions, or if she doesn't want the pressure of qualifying for the final, maybe just one GP event. I'd love to see her compete at all the competitions but if a less busy schedule allows her to do what she wants in life on top of skating, then I'm all for it.

29. RunnersHigh

I hope Yu-Na can do this sport for herself , deliver her performances to the audience and inspire other girls.

Winning or losing the title would be the result to be respected.

First of all, keep going without injuries. :swoon:

30. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

credit from spiccoli

Figure skating: Olympic champion Kim to continue career: report

SEOUL, June 1 KYODO

Olympic figure skating gold medalist Kim Yu Na is preparing to train in Canada, refuting rumors that she might retire, Yonhap New Agency reported Monday.

http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=504014