Yu Na Kim sues former agent for failure to pay endorsement fees

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by barbk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

2. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Didn't she have problems with IMG also? I think it's time for Yuna to send her mom home and move on.

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

So IB admitted in the above quote that it didn't pay Kim all the money that she earned while represented by them?

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with her mom's management. It sounds like after Kim severed her tie with IB, IB continued to collect money from a sponser that she had endorsed while under IB.

4. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Correct on both counts. The suit has been on-going since November.

5. Judy

Judy New Member

I saw that this morning and I'm also a bit worried about the people behind the skater. She's had two major issues with the coaching change this year and now this. I wonder if she'll stick around amateur skating for much longer.

6. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I understood the article as so.

7. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

The problem was on cancelling a management contract and IMG lost the case both at the first trial and second in the court of appeals.
    It's all over now because IMG exceeded the period to appeal again.

This time, former management, IB Sports, is making unfair profits from its one of the most devoted customer.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  8. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I thgought there was more to her split with IB than that. I read that one of the IB executives joined AT Sports in violation of their contract with IB and that IB tried to sue. Granted a lot of people in sales/marketing go to work for competitors in spite of non-competition clauses in their employment agreements, but Yuna's management seems to be burning a lot of bridges behind them in the skating world.

9. lakewood

lakewood Active Member

AFAIK, that kind of contract is not supported by the Korean law.

10. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

No need to worry any more. Yuna set up her own agency and no longer is associated with those people. She is happy now, training in a comfortable environment, and recently stated that she will be skating even after 10 years from now.

11. John Q

John Q Guest

RumbleFish Thank you for confirming her happiness. On a scale of 1 -100 how happy is she?

12. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:rofl:

13. Judy

Judy New Member

lol

14. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

good one!

15. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Haha I rely on media reports and from what I've read, she seems pretty darn happy, and I hope no one takes it as a slap in the face.

To give a better answer to your question about the scale, I'll need a reference point. You could tell me your own criteria and self-evaluation perhaps?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

OK, here's a reference point: 1=deepest misery imaginable as in Asada, Ando and a Russian baby beating Kim and Kim's off the podium. 100=perfect happiness as in 3 OGMs in a row. ;)

17. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

Lots of face slappin' references in this thread! :)