Yu-Na Kim News UPDATE!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by RunnersHigh, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

2. ces1128

ces1128 New Member

3. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

4. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Yuna said on her latest interview with SBS Korea that her LP (Homage to Korea, Arirang) she will be focusing on the step sequence, by far different from previous programs. And her SP is sad, lovely and yet charismatic. :D

5. ces1128

ces1128 New Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  6. os168

os168 Active Member

And that my friend is what you call a 'living legend' hehehhehe....

7. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I don't know whether this has been posted before, but Yuna was chosen as the most beautiful women in all of sports by Sina.com, the Chinese portal site.

Top 10 Sports beauties by Sina.com

Honerable mention to Tanith Belbin who came in 8th. :swoon:

8. invierno

invierno Member

She did? Oh! Oh! I'm really curious about her new LP program. Can't wait to see it! Let's see, just two more months and how many days...? :D

9. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

Gotta love the non-Chinese names translated to Chinese then back again, losing a bit in translation. . . :lol:

10. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

According to the ATS today, Hiroyuki Ozaki, a producer of Bankisha(真相報道バンキシャ), issued a written apology to ATS.
    (Source from a Korean article)

It was known that the written apology contained...

11. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

These people released a public statement a week ago that their hidden camera stunt didn't have any problem since it was taken in a public space, and that they had approval from Yuna's side. Now, they quietly send a private letter admitting their wrong doings.

What they are doing is trying to plead to ATS that they take no further action while keep misleading the public that they did nothing wrong.

It's obvious that these people haven't learned their lesson. If I were ATS, I'd keep demanding that Nippon TV release a formal public statement of apology, not only for hidden camera, but also for lying blatantly in releasing their original press release.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Um, hopefully without igniting the Yuna vs. Orser wars yet again, I'll just quietly point out that ATS is hardly in a position to be criticizing anyone else for issuing inaccurate press releases.

13. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Inaccurate. ;)

14. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

OMG, I can see you know all about being accurate.
    :lol::lol:

15. overedge

Corrected, albeit with no thanks to how you chose to point it out.

16. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Oooooooo!! Yu-Na Kim, a famous figure skater, was filmed without permission!!

Close the schools!! Send out the troops!! OMG, why live?????????

Blah, blah blah blah, blah blah...

17. ces1128

ces1128 New Member

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/sports/2011-01/07/c_13680330.htm

Let them be learned hard lesson after the world news reported their improper behaviour.

Even japanese yahoo netizen picked this as a representative example of ethics violations:rollin:

http://dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/fc/domestic/broadcasting_ethics/

News from USSA :)

3 January 2011

Kim YuNa

All That Sports (AT Sports) Agency

Seoul Kangnam Ku Samsung Eastern 143-3

3rd Building, 6th Floor

Telephone: 02 553 2070 2625

Fax: 02 553 2069 2624

Email: admin@atsports.co.kr

Email: atsports2@hanmail.net

Ms. Yu-Na:

I am writing on behalf of the Board of Trustees of the United States Sports Academy, the Academy’s Awards of Sport Committee, the Academy, and the Academy’s associates, USA Today and NBC Sports, to congratulate you on being selected as the 2010 Female Athlete of the Year.

Kim, you were spectacular in winning your gold medal for figure skating during the Vancouver Winter Olympiad where you scored an unprecedented 200 points in the process.

Your performance was reflected in the worldwide vote that you received. Never in the history of the Academy’s voting has any one athlete, male or female, dominated the voting as you did. There was never a question from the first day to the end of the balloting that you would dominate the ballot, and you did exactly that.

With this communication, I would like to start the process on where and when we might be able to present you with the “Order of the Eagle Exemplar with Rosette.” The Academy has had a longstanding relationship with South Korea.

There are a good number of great sport leaders in Korea, and all have been past recipients of the Academy’s

Awards program, starting with my good friend Chong-Ha Kim, the President of the Korean Olympic Committee during the Seoul Olympiad in 1988. Again, there are a good number of others that can represent the Academy in Korea, should that be convenient.

I might mention that at one time we had a dean or chairman at virtually every college and/or university of Korea who were doctoral graduates of the Academy, including the National University of Sport and Physical Education and Olympic Park. Most of them are now retired, but I believe that Dr. Susan Kim is still a senior member of that faculty.

I understand that you do train outside of the country, including the U.S., and we do have representatives of the Academy throughout the world, as we have many sport education programs worldwide that help us with the medal presentations.

Again, I do offer my personal congratulations on being selected as the 2010 Female Athlete of the Year. No one has ever deserved that medal more than you.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Dr. Thomas P. Rosandich

President and CEO

United States Sports Academy

Attachment: Press Release on Kim Yu-Na

Academy’s Awards of Sport Program

CC: USSA Board of Trustees

USSA President’s Cabinet

USSA Board of Visitors

USSA Art Committee

http://rockyoon.tistory.com/461

According to him, the Award Ceremony will be held on Friday, January 7, at 3:15-4:00 p.m. local time, at the USSA's headquarter which is located Daphne, Alabama. I am not sure Yuna can make time for the award ceremony.

I'd like to see Yuna in georgeous dress once more....let's wait and see.

18. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Tell that to the Japanese fed when one of their skaters was filmed by a fan without permission and then demanding an apology, while threatening to sue the fan. Hypocrisy as usual. :rolleyes:

19. ponta1

ponta1 Active Member

Geez, you grumble when they don't apologize, and then you grumble when they do apologize.

20. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

21. os168

os168 Active Member

Good job that ATS make sure everyone knows about the inconsistent statements from NipponTV.

Apologise privately to ATS for not getting approval while publicly release statement that they had approval.

It is not a big deal I suppose if you don't really care about basic broadcasting ethics, but in the realm of international journalism 101, to caught up in your own lie on multiple international press is a national disgrace and they should be embarrassed.

22. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

So typical. What would you feel if someone announce to everyone around you that he/she did nothing wrong, and then later send you a private apology letter for the wrongdoing without making a corrective statement to others? I doubt this apology thing would ever hit the Japanese news or be known to the Japanese public.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  23. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Since you brought it up ;), exactly what part of ATS press release you find is incorrect?

24. work suspended

work suspended New Member

25. ponta1

ponta1 Active Member

26. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

The link you provided leads to another link to the brief quotation of an article. Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for Nippon TV, which is a major network TV in Japan, to issue a PUBLIC corrective statement, when it overtly and incorrectly stated to the public that it had obtained the approval to film the private scene?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  27. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

28. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Cognitive problem or plain distorting? None of the news links Rumblefish provided is of Japanese origin.

29. work suspended

work suspended New Member

You're absolutely right! They should go to hell!
    I just hope some of the doubts you had were cleared by that link.

30. overedge

If you'd stop foaming at the mouth long enough to read what I actually posted, you would notice that I was referring to some of the press releases that ATS issued in the past, most notably at the time of the breakup with Orser.