Yu-Na Kim News UPDATE!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by RunnersHigh, Dec 20, 2010.

1. raphie

raphie New Member

Congrats, Yuna! started 2010' winning the olympics, ends winning the USSA award with Villa. good for her.

Yuna fans are not so into Mao that leave meaningless comments on her. then how about changing the name of this thread to 'Yuna's award-winning list of 2010' and set a new one 'Yuna on Japanese tv'? actually i can't remember all as she has won so many awards this year. and by separating two, maybe who wants to make the old Yuna- Mao war could move to the JPN tv thread-

well i can't understand japanese way of thinking. why they're curious about Yuna's boots size changing? ewwwww when contact is denied, paparazzi is common way to make program in japan? if i were a skater at EWIP i could sue the JPN media kkk

ADMIN EDIT

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  2. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

I mean... it's paparazzi. Are we expecting them to be in any way civil? ;)

3. lakewood

lakewood New Member

Bunch of news. It is ridiculous to complain without even reading.

Congratulations!!! YuNa. You deserve it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  4. amaro

amaro Active Member

Looks like Yuna made yet another donation for children in need. An insider at UNICEF Korea said Yuna donated US$45,000 today.

5. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Bizarre. This UNICEF insider should be more careful gossiping about private donations.

6. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

There is some confusion here.
    I read the article and it says UNICEF Korea officially announced the donation.

7. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Quote from Korean Article

Official. ;)

8. Shaia

Shaia New Member

9. amaro

amaro Active Member

Thanks for the correction. :)

10. ponta1

ponta1 Active Member

Can we stop with the derogatory terms, please?

11. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Sounds like you don’t get it or intentionally trivialize the incident by implying it was done by some freelance paparazzi. But the fact is, it was done by a TV station and broadcast by the same. I recall there was another Japanese TV that paparazzi-ed a Korean judge during the Olympic figure skating event. I wonder what you would say if a Korean TV did the same to Mao.

12. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Can’t you figure it out by now?

13. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Why can’t a UNICEF staff talk about it when it’s not meant to be anonymous? By the way, what’s your thought on Kevin’s chance of doing better at Worlds, or you don’t care much about him?

14. RunnersHigh

ATS's official written protest to NTV from Korean article.

Hope it won't happen again to any skater.

15. hotskate

hotskate New Member

What is that mean?
    Yuna considers withdrawal from 2011 World Championships?

16. EricRohmer

EricRohmer New Member

yes, the same ones. very ugly.

17. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Well, I'm neither Korean nor Japanese and in fact am an American teenager with a life beyond skating and so don't even try to tie me in with any fanatic- but I do enjoy how you always try to qualify your position by attacking others. Whether or not it was a TV station, by the fact that they camp across the street from the rink, take creepy videos of Yuna ENTERING the rink (that's only something paparazzi would do, someone entering a rink that they train at is not considered newsworthy if anything), and call her boot maker makes me consider them at the same level as paparazzi. They're just grasping for something that they frankly are not entitled to. I would say exactly the same thing if a Korean TV station did the same to Mao. In addition, someone posted at ONTD_skating, it is very long so I will just link it, but this appears to be something that the Japanese media does very often and is frankly just unfortunate, it doesn't benefit anyone. http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_skating/964300.html?thread=117723084#t117723084

18. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

You don’t need to tell who you are or what you do. I guess you got what I talked about. It’s true many of my posts are reactionary to the certain trolls you know who.

The NTV video even had a scene of Sano Minoru (the first World medalist for Japan, a TV commentator and I believe a former JSF official) commenting on the fuzzy, distant paparazzi video of Yu-Na and guessing what she was doing (he commented she seemed to be practicing her new choreography). A public media doing that is bizarre and creepy.

19. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

I hope Yuna is not affected by this like how Oda was made completely flustered by the hounding... but she has been handling it very well, like a champion :).

20. Lilith11

Lilith11 New Member

21. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

you are one of them.:lol:

To me, Yuna's camp is way overreating. The japanese tv crews came to her rink.. so? Not like they came to her house. This reminds me of 70's Soviet Iron Curtain or North Korea's secret society.

22. Lilith11

Lilith11 New Member

Nah, I'm not disturbed about the fact that they went over to their rink, just they didn't get clearance for Yu-na's camp beforehand and instead, basically tried to stalk Yu-na. It's the way they're going about it that rubs me the wrong way frankly.

Besides, it's an issue of privacy. Most athletes, except for a media day or two, keep their training private yes? If so, then the TV station would be intruding on her privacy rights imo.

And I think that comparison is hardly fair. There's a difference between isolating/cutting off from the world an entire culture and just asking for some basic privacy. One is detrimental to the people itself and the other is a baisc human right.

23. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom New Member

“Also, if this effects Kim’s preparation for the World Championships, or in the case Kim cannot skate at Worlds, we will hold NTV fully responsible,” said ATS.

24. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

The original post says it comes from an insider and by using that term you suggest they leaked that news which is what I called bizarre. And it is. Another poster has since posted it another way that makes it more of an announcement and that is not bizarre as it was clearly intended to be made public. So the error lies with the original poster who made it appear that donation was leaked.

As for Kevin he´ll do however he does at Worlds and I'm not sure how much I care or do not care about him matters to this thread or to you. I'll just add that to my list of bizarre posts/comments :confused:

25. amaro

amaro Active Member

26. RunnersHigh

Keywords: hidden cams, EWIP's regulations - taping is prohibited, film and broadcast her without a prior approval, without permission.

Are those nothing to you?

To cover a skater, other media request a prior approval from his/her management, put a media pass around the neck and pay portrait rights.
    This is a common sense but NTV crossed the line.

In Vancouver, JSF rent an ice rink and kept the curtains closed to block peeping through. Even though the programs were already unveiled several times to the public. It was not because they all had a social phobia or Japan is a communist.

27. amaro

amaro Active Member

Didn't Japanese media went absolutely nuts when a hotel employee took a photo of Asada waiting for her team at a hotel a year ago or so when she was in Korea? What kind of double standards does the Japanese media have? They might have filmed Yuna practicing her programs on the ice. Yuna's side made it clear they don't want to show her training even to Korean media. I heard the panels on the TV program even discussed their speculations about Yuna's new boots. WTH.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  28. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

29. vodkashot

vodkashot Active Member

I don't see any double standard here. One stalkerish Japanese TV station doesn't mean that the entire Japanese media is culpable, just like one creeping Korean hotel employee does not mean all Korean hotel workers are creeping on Mao.

30. amaro

amaro Active Member

Double satandard recalling how the Japanese media collectively reacted to the Asada incident. They went nuts as if such things are unthinkable in their standard, "in a foreign country, such thing is possible" kind of attitude. Pathetic.