Yu-Na Kim News UPDATE!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by RunnersHigh, Dec 20, 2010.

1. puretea

puretea New Member

2. puretea

puretea New Member

3. Butterfly91

Butterfly91 New Member

OMG I want it I want it!!!
  4. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Congrats on your first post, Butterfly! Post often and have fun:)

That's an incredible honor for the both parties, Yuna and LV. The same class recognizes each other.

And, when will she ever announce her training/competition details? People are waitin'!
  5. worldsnice12

worldsnice12 New Member

Are there really no information about how her training is going??Is she training in Seoul?
  6. puretea

puretea New Member

Yuna Kim “My goal is to win Olympic tickets for Korean skaters”
    http://www.feverskating.com/fevers/61894427

Pics
    http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/mk/2012/10/13/20121013_1350113920.jpg
    http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/mk/2012/10/13/20121013_1350113777.jpg
    http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/mk/2012/10/13/20121013_1350115424.jpg
  7. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

8. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  9. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Thanks for bringing the article, puretea. It was really something.
  10. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Yu-Na will skate at NRW Trophy (Dortmund, Germany, 5-9 Dec), ATS (her agency) said. She will premiere her new SP and LP programs at the event, which is to be the first in 20 months for her. She will be filing an entry to Golden Spin of Zagreb (13-16 Dec) too, as an alternate schedule.
    l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  11. eyh201

eyh201 New Member

12. spikydurian

Good luck to Yuna on her NRW Trophy skate.
    That's so sweet of Hugh Jackman, eyh201.
  13. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

That is so funny and sweet of him, really! He knows how to sell his movie in Korea:lol:
  14. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

15. kwanatic

I know Yu-Na's competing soon...any news concerning her preparations? I'd go check YNKF but it's blocked here at work...:(
  16. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

^ Nothing spectacularly new, but she'll leave for Germany on 5th and Yuna also signed up for Golden Spin in Zagrev in case things don't go as planned.
  17. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Hugh Jackman: Yuna Kim is “certain to win!”

Pretty cool:respec: and this is the interview he gave. From GS.
  18. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Apparently, a Korean broadcasting company, which I guess is SBS, will be covering the NRW trophy!

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Today, on her way to NRW Trophy, Yu-Na rated her physical conditioning at "more than 80% (of the peak level)".

"Physically, the most difficult part of the buildup to this event has been getting my strength back," she said. "I basically had to start from scratch, but I was able to overcome that because I was more relaxed than before. I enjoyed myself more than I had in the past."

Rest of the article: Free of stress, Kim Yu-Na believes hard work will pay off

Photos: http://sports.media.daum.net/general/gallery/yuna121205/index.html#20121205141731797
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  20. spikydurian

Wee.. 80% ready? That sounds great!
  21. kwanatic

The only people who can beat Yu-Na at 80% are probably Ashley or Mao, but both of them would have to be 100%+ in order for that to happen.

If Yu-Na's 3-3 (whether 3Lz-3T or 3F-3T) is back and the rest of her jumps are good, she'll be at the top with no problem. But if she's a little sloppy (ie. like she was at worlds in 2011) I don't think the judges will hold her up over someone if they skate lights out.
  22. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Hoping her physical and mental conditioning will be at its best when it counts. The lack of competition experience could be the toughest challenge come Worlds, so it is a prudent move for her to be getting her programs out there and experiencing competition once again. With Four Continents in Asia this year, I wonder if she will plan on competing there as well. If she does, you can bet tickets will be sold out in a heart beat.
  23. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

She won’t be competing at 4CC due to schedule conflict with Special Olympics in PyeongChang which is to be held in the same period. Her only other competition event between NRW and Worlds will be Korean Nationals in January.
  24. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

boy, this thread has been crawling since 2010! ;)
  25. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

Hmm, I know she already has commitments to the Special Olympics and will not back out of it but it would be smart for her to compete at 4CC.
  26. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Who knows, maybe the Special Olympics commitment takes higher priority in her book than the preparation for the Worlds.

And I wonder how high a value or credential she would place on the ISU World title itself, after she had witnessed a skater who skipped 20 pages out of 250 in 2008 and another skater who memorized a dummy-series pamphlet in 2011 being handed out the gold.
  27. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

Tell us how you really feel about the Japanese skaters. :blah:
  28. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

29. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

30. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^ It must have been quickly removed.
  31. asdf334

asdf334 New Member

32. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^ Thanks! It looks like a good program for Yu Na re the music and the choreo. The video isn't sharp enough to see how well she's emoting, but for her debut of this program, not bad. I'd like to see something more fierce and edgy in the styling of her costume to fit the theme of the music. Plus I think she needs to ramp it up re more emotion and expressing the music because right now it looks more like she's going through the motions of getting through the program, but it was a decent job.
  33. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

In this interview Yuna mentions her being less emoting and focusing on elements more.
  34. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

The jumps are great. However, her leg line is one of the ugliest in figure skating. Her foot is perpetually flexed and knee never stretched out. Very sloppy, unpolished look. Despite the excellent jumping techniques and other athletic qualities, I can never be a fan.
  35. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I agree with the feet part. I have always been distracted by that and although I do like her other great qualities, her feet have always bothered me. You would think someone would have addressed that over the years, but why bother if you're already rewarded with fantastic marks? It's in the eye of the beholder, i guess.

That was a well skated program and you can see she is well on her way to being competitive with the top ladies again.
  36. naan

naan New Member

I do think her line and feet are not so pretty as Alissa or Mao, but I have never been distracted by it at all. Especially when I watch live, I was always awed by her skating. Some people complains about her spins and spiral, but they were very impressive at live - it was fast! OTOH, Mao has very beautiful line and position in her spins and spirals, but it was so slow, so it distracted me a lot. I think it's a personal preference.
    Anyway, Yuna was gorgeous as usual! Welcome back, Yuna! :cheer2:
  37. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I have seen Yuna live. As mentioned, below the ankle she is a great skater as well as an extremely beautiful jumper. But figure skating is more than jumps and speed skating IMO. This used to be my beef with Carolina Kostner until she morphed into a sophisticated artist.

You are right, liv, why should Yuna correct anything about her skating when the judges reward her with huge scores already? She should get big tech and SS scores but the rest of PCS should reflect the lack of aesthetic effort but never does.

Her Bielmann position bothers me as well. Not that it should make it or break it but I wonder how she did on her spins, level-wise.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  38. naan

naan New Member

Figure skating is more than pretty position (or beautiful feet?!) IMO ;) I'd like to see someone who can land jumps, skate beautifully with effortless speed, express nuance of the music very well. Pretty feet without jumps, speed, musicality, artistry is nothing to me at all. I'd rather see ballet...
    And personally, I don't think Yuna's line that ugly. Not beautiful, but not ugly IMO. All of these are personal taste and preference, so we can't tell who's right or who is wrong.
  39. lakewood

lakewood New Member

Which pcs item is affected by leg line?
    YuNa's past performances are each one of the most beautiful and spectacular in history for many skating fans. There may be people who don't like her performance, but there are many more who love it.
  40. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

IMO her line is absolutely fine, exquisite even, above her feet. That has been my lingering feelings whenever I watch her layback spin or spiral, wishing she could stretch them a bit more, but she maintains amazing speed throughout, and like I said, her above-feet-line is as much balletic as one can get. So, I don't think she lacks aesthetic effort in her performances at all.