Your Favorite Potato Chip

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cachoo, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Mine: Lays Loaded Baked Potato Chips

(Yes, this is a random thread and the season cannot come quickly enough!):p

Jenny and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I love chips the way most people love chocolate and other sweets. :)

Favourite is sour cream and onion (usually Ripples) dipped in sour cream. Mind you, they are chemical city, so I'll usually get the plain Ripples with less salt, and dip in sour cream or a sour cream-based dip (make my own rather than buying pre-made - again, the chemicals).

3. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Best ever: Marks and Spencer Handcooked Red Leicester and Spring Onion Crisps.

But since I only get to eat those ever few years when I go to the UK ... backup faves include:

~ Kettle Chips -- Sweet Onion, Honey Dijon, or Sea Salt and Vineger
    ~ Kiwa vegetable chips (even better than Terra, which I also love)
    ~ and since I'm Canadian :D, Old Dutch Ketchup Chips

Used to be Old Dutch Salt & Vinegar but they're so strong now they burn my tongue and I can't taste anything else for 2 days. :eek:

4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Your mention of spring onion allows me to mourn a favourite discontinued product - McCormick's Spring Onion Dip Mix. Sigh. No, simply adding spring onions to sour cream isn't the same. It's the only packaged dip mix I ever liked - loved. Double sigh.

The Spice House makes some good dip mixes - all natural, no additives or preservatives. (For that matter, the quality of all their products is phenomenal - highly endorse them, worth the price especially as they are purer, fresher and stronger than supermarket brands.)

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles.
    Terra Chips.

Though I rarely eat either.

6. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Old Dutch Dill Pickle chips :swoon: or any BBQ flavored chips. :)

7. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I like regular, barbecue and sour cream Lays and Ruffles. I also like Baked Lays.

8. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

Regular Lays.

9. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

The dill pickle chips sound amazing. I like Lays salt and vinegar at the moment. I like most chips, though I can't stand kettle chips. They hurt my mouth.

10. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Amusing dip story (at least to me :lol:) - when I lived in NY for a few years, we took to celebrating all US holidays (I'm Canadian), including the Super Bowl.

I insisted that we had to have chip dip made from sour cream and Lipton's onion soup mix (the technical name is "California Dip"). Hubby thought it rather pedestrian, and didn't believe me that it's essential to any Super Bowl spread. Sure enough, first market we went to had a big empty hole where the Lipton's is supposed to be, and we had to go to 3 other shops before we finally found it. :)

12. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

I tried these the last time we were in NB:

http://coveredbridgechips.com/
    they were very good.

Dill pickle.......and just plain ripple with home made dip with dill or chives etc.

13. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

Love potato chips--you just can't beat the plain old Lays. I even had a cookie recipe that uses crushed up chips. :) I've even made my own chips. :swoon:

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I prefer plain or just "sea salt" over any of the flavored chips.

15. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I only liked the Old Dutch brand.... my favs being ketchup, dill pickle, and sour cream n onion. Unfortunately (or maybe a good thing for my body) I can't eat them anymore cuz radiation killed mah tongue. :(

16. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Miss Vicky's regular. Yum.

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I was just eating some Ruffles loaded baked potato chips earlier. I think they are the chive and bacon ones. Delicious.

My favorite are just plain Lay's potato chips, though. Eating those with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is still one of my favorite meals. I am a sucker for salty sweet combinations.

18. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Lay's Garden Tomato & Basil. ohemgee. :swoon:

19. Chele615

Chele615 Let's go Anacode!!!

We used to be a big Lay's family...but we changed over to Utz because of price and I love them!! They seem lighter and not as salty/greasy as Lay's chips are.

20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Cookies with chips baked in? That sounds umm interesting? :scream:

21. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I love Kettle Cooked Jalapeno chips the best. And Salt and Vinegar.

22. znachki

znachki Active Member

I loved the Ruffles Buffalo Wing flavored chips so much that I even wrote to the company when I couldn't find them. Alas, they are no longer making them.

So, back to Lays Salt & Vinegar. Although, Tim's Cascade Jalepeno chips are pretty good too!

Also, I will try any flavour of crisp that I see (notice what I did there?) - ketchup, prawn cocktail, pickled onion, worchestershire sauce, etc.

23. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

24. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Oooh, Walker's Worchestershire Sauce flavour. V.v.g., and my fallback in the UK when I can't get my paws on any M&S ones.

25. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Being Canadian, I love my Old Dutch Baked Ketchup and Classic Dill-Pickle, can't go wrong with regular or all dressed as well.

Pringles Regular too. I love a good potato chip :)

26. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I should have put crisp in the heading too! Wow--I've never tried ketchup, prawn, pickled onion and worchestershire sauce in a crisp but now I'm curious.

27. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

Do you like chocolate-covered potato chips? I found them weird at first, but couldn't stop eating them after a couple of chips... :shuffle:

28. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

With the exception of sour cream and onion, we usually buy our local Better Made brand. They're fresher and less greasy. Well, except for this past year. I won a free bag of Lays potato chips every week for a year from out local grocery store. After about seven months, I stopped cashing them in. I never thought I'd get tired of potato chips, but I did! :lol:

29. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

You might try the Kettle Buffalo wing. They are ridged, so they are similar to Ruffles.

My favorites were the Doritos Fiery Habanero chips. They were so good, but Frito-Lay stopped making them last year. :(

I also adore prawn cocktail crisps, though it terifies me when I see the MSG count on them. There is a Sri Lankan market near me that used to carry them all the time, but they rarely have prawn cocktail any more. I'm always disappointed.

30. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Krunchers regular potato chips. Flavors can be fun but at the end of the day nothing is better than just potato and salt.