Your fav. Pair Skater/Ice-Dancer &..you? What do you think it might have been like if

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, Feb 21, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

O-k!!!! I thought I'd post this as a thread,as I thought it might be fun to hear everyone's idea's about this....What I want to ask you all today is...What do you think it might have been like if your fav. Pairs Skater/Ice-Dancer had chosen YOU for their Partner...rather then the Partner they have? Please name only one Pairs Skater..and one Ice-Dancer. As well as the Skater of the oposite sex. For example....I will pick..for Pairs...Amanda Evora... What I think it might have been like to be chosen by her to be her Pairs Partner. Rather then her choosing Mark,is that it would of felt really conforting,and I surely would have felt really close to her. We surely would have become GREAT FRIENDS!!!! As far as Skating went...I would LOVE picking her up!!!...I think we would become very close!!! Maybe in love.

On the Ice-Dancer side...I will pick....Lynn Kriergkrairut....What I think it might have been like to be chosen by her. Rather then Logan,is that again I surely would find it comforting. You know..having my arms around her and all!!! LOL. I also...(with the way that I am) know that I'd fall right inlove with her too.

Ok everyone!!! Those are MY thoughts and ideas!!!! Now it's YOUR turn!!! You do not need to be a Pairs Skater..Ice-Dancer, or just a Skater to answer this. It's all in fun....GO!!!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Alexei Rogonov and Ivan Volobuev probably :swoon:

3. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

oh i would love to be partnered with gwendal peizerat!!! but then, the reverse lift would be impossible. pairs...grinkov wouldve been nice but then im no katia.

4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

What IS a reverse Lift? Remember..1 Pair Skater and 1 Ice-Dancer.

5. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

oh wow! you dont know who peizerat and grinkov are? no idea of the reverse lift either? know your figureskating history please before telling me to name just one pairsskater and one ice dancer.

6. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Reverse lift = girl lifts the guy.

Ice dance: babs f-p or diva navka or some other diva where I didn't have to anything, maybe go out and take a smoke break, then just be back in time for podium ceremony.

Pairs: oksana what's her face. Any skater who could just up and forget how to do a required element the day before the sp and still walk away with gold is the girl for me!

7. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

:lol:

8. Sit_spin

Sit_spin New Member

Ice Dance: Charlie White
    Pairs: Rockne Brubaker

9. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

For obvious reasons: Vera Bazarova and Meryl Davis ;)

10. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Umm, hi twin? :p I was about to pick these two!

11. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Pairs: Jessica Dube (cause I know she'd still skate with me if I screwed up)

Dance: Barbara Fusar-Poli (cause she wouldn't).

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Sit_spin

Sit_spin New Member

:D

13. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Top faves--
    Pairs partner: Robin Szolkowy (would love learning how to do lifts with him)
    Ice dance partner: Peter Tchernychev (would be so amazing -- he's such a great ice dancer)

I'd also love to skate with Alexander Abt and Johnny Weir, maybe a threesome performance like the Fallen Angels Trio of Melissa, Denis, Johnny.

Would be so cool to have Andrew Poje as a dance partner too! :swoon:

I also think Gwendal and Charlie are such wonderful ice dance partners.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  14. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Christopher Dean and Maxim Trankov. I need a tall partner and I can handle a diva.

15. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I second that! Mirko Muller (who skated with Peggy Schwarz a while back) also had very good technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQNnz_kuSY

Ice dance : I'd go with Povilas Vanagas. Such a great dancer and he already has plenty of practice dragging a less-skilled partner around.

16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Pairs: Maxim Marinin

Ice Dance: Olivier Schoenfelder

Of course, each of them would need a fork-lift.

17. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I'd take Povilas too! first, because he's one of the best male ice dancers I've seen, second because I know he would be loyal and supportive. He's not the kind of guy who'd get angry at you because you screwed up. He'd also care if I'm happy with what we're doing. And third, he's totally the type of skater who gets better and hotter with age ;)

But I'd also like Charlie, well, because he's Charlie :D I feel I could have loads of fun with him.

As for pairs, I'd go with Robin too. Not that I would ever be doing pairs if I was a skater, though. I'm too tall for that.

18. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Dance: Ben Agosto (2nd choice, Christopher Dean)
    Pairs: John Zimmerman/Hongbo Zhao (tie)

19. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

pairs: john Coughlin and Maxim Trankov Jr.
    ice dance: Nikita katsalapov, Andrew Poje

20. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the youtube link to Schwarz/ Muller from 1998. I enjoyed Dick's commentary, especially his mention of the different eras of German pairs teams and their striking similarities in style and technique. BTW, is there any recent news on how Savchenko is fairing re her injury?

21. vmfan89

vmfan89 Member

I know we are only supposed to do two, but I can't decide!

Pairs: Alexei Rogonov or Sergei Grinkov
    Dance: Nikita Katsalapov or Andrew Poje

22. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Pairs: Alexei Tikhonov (super strong, awesome skater and a gentleman - What else can you ask for?)
    Dance: Povilas Vanagas (I've become even more enchanted with Povilas since I started to watch "Ice Age" and "Ice and Fire" shows)

23. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I loved them and particularly this program. So interesting, intricate, light, beautiful, touching moment of choreo.
    Mirko was a very good skater, too bad about Peggy's consistency. They were a very good looking team.

Back to the thread, I'd say Robin Szolkowy and Olivier Schoenfelder. But as a man, I guess it would be better to skate with Tatiana Volosozhar and Tessa Virtue. :)

ioana and (deleted member) like this.
  24. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Woe is you indeed...The terrible sacrifices you'd have to make in order to skate with those two :p.

And :cheer2: about all the Mirko lurve this thread is generating.

25. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

I could dance all night with Mr. Andrew "McDreamy" Poje, (vertically or otherwise...:slinkaway runs away from Ms. Weaver...) :lol: