Your Fav. Figure Skating Discipline Poll...

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, May 23, 2012.

?

What is your fav. Discipline?

1. Freestyle Skating

43.8%
  2. Pairs Skating

19.2%
  3. Ice-Dancing (Partnership)

42.5%
  4. Ice-Dancing (Solo)

4.1%
  5. Synchronized Skating

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok everyone!!! I just thought I'd check in with everyone here today,about what their fav. Disciplines in Skating are...and find out which majority of our Members are Fans of each Discipline. Please include what makes you a Fan of your choice(s). If you are also a Skater..please also include if you YOURSELF are a Skater in your choice(s). I chose Pairs Skating,Ice-Dancing,and Synchronized Skating. As what makes ME a Fan of all 3 is a Pairs Skater's ticks,an Ice-Dance Team's Gracefulness,and a Synchronized Skating Team's Lifts....Anybody else?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I'm not a skater, but I picked ice dance (couples). I find the programs thematically more interesting, especially the free dances. The fact that vocals are used make them more interesting, too, I think.

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I voted for Freestyle (= single) skating. Overall I enjoy it the most when watching competitive skating, but I'm also doing it myself (well, kind of - veeeeery low level of course. :eek:)

4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

When I first started watching skating, I was only into singles skaters. Then I saw some of the tricks the pairs could do and got into that as well. Eventually I gave in and started watching dance as well. :lol: I voted for freestyle as I enjoy the singles skaters the most, I marvel how when one person can combine both the artistry and athleticism to such a high degree, both intertwined. I'm specifically thinking of the current male skater who might be better not to name... :lol:

5. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I have always loved pairs, singles, and ice dance, but pairs was almost always my most favorite discipline, That changed with COP. Now I like mens singles skating the most, then ladies, then ice dance, and pairs is my least favorite discipline. However, if a pair comes along that I really like, that could change. I have skated only singles, and not competitively.

I have never been a fan of sychronized skating, although I have enjoyed it occasionally. I never cared for solo ice dancing.

6. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Singles. Ladies. (Where is Beyonce LOL?)