Yankee Swap Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by asdf334, Dec 12, 2012.

1. asdf334

asdf334 New Member

I'm not sure on what to do for this. It's an office one. Part of me wants to get something more practical(like a Starbucks giftcard), while part of me wants to do something fun/goofy(like a toy of some sort). I'm a baker in my free time, so I was also thinking of possibly giving a certificate for me to make an item of their choice. (Obviously, I could bring a batch of cookies or whatever, but the point was that I wanted whoever gets it to be able to choose what they want.) However, I'm not sure how that would be received by people. The assigned spending limit is $15.

Thanks!
  2. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Yummy: I wish I were the recipient of one of your baked items. The ideas are all good but I do like the idea of having a baked goody of my choice.
  3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

As a complete non-baker myself, I'd go for something like that!
  4. Aimless

Aimless New Member

What a sweet idea!
  5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

We just had ours today. Everyone was fighting over the booze.
  6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I'd vote against a starbucks gift card. I was at one at a former job a few years ago and a good 40% of the gifts were starbuck gift cards. :lol:

I think the idea of a baked good is perfect, but you may want to give them a choice of a few of your favorite or special items rather than leaving it completely open. A collection of some flavored teas are fun or even a bag of specialty coffee.
  7. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Yup, that's what happens at ours too. The most popular gift in the exchange last year was a box filled with mini booze bottles.
  8. Ajax

Ajax New Member

A jar of Trader Joe's cookie butter with some crackers. Nobody will complain :D
  9. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

At the Yankee Swap we just had, the most popular items was the wine, and oddly, a large plush throw blanket with a deer on it. My first year here, someone brought a live lobster....and after that we've had a rule that there can be no live animals. Last year, I brought a Shake Weight :shuffle:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

At the last gag gift type exchange thing I went to, the most popular item was a Costco sized pack of duct tape and a set of Christmas coloring books and crayons :lol:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.