X factor USA Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by tarotx, Sep 13, 2012.

1. masofs

masofs New Member

I want Carly Rose to win this think. She made me actually enjoy a Justin Bieber song! Loved that performance!

2. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I didn't like either of Carly's or Diamond's songs (and it goes without saying that Cece was horrible. I dont' think it matters what she sings.) Carly is 13 & Diamond is 14. I don't really want to hear It's a Man's World from a 14 yr old or Fire in the Rain from a 13yr old.

I'm a little surprised at the level of talent at this stage. Cece & Emblem 3 really don't have very good voices although Emblem 3 sounds pretty good when they harmonize - just not when they solo. And IMO Diamond's voice is just not good enough. IMO 2 of these 3 should go home tonight. I hope it's Cece for sure.

5th Harmony's 2nd song was brilliant. I thought that performance was the best of the night. If they sing like that & if they can get good material I think they could be a big hit. Carly & Tate sounded good on both songs but I didn't LOVE either one.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

one might think the audience hates them

4. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Cece & Diamond out...I would have rather had Cece & Emblem 3 out but you can't have everything. I absolutely loved 5th Harmony's sing for your life. This week's ranking:
    1. Tate
    2. Carly Rose
    3. Emblem 3
    4. Fifth Harmony

I'm glad Tate is back at #1 but to be honest, I would rather have Fifth Harmony win overall than either he or Carly. I'm sure that won't happen. OTOH, no one this year is even close to as good as Melanie was tonight. I had never heard her before. She's phenomenal.

Every week I get more & more annoyed at Khloe K. I don't understand why she's there. She is not pretty in the least, she has no talent, and she does not know how to dress for her figure. If her skirts get any shorter they can change the name of the show from X Factor to X Rated. And her hair tonight....words fail.

5. my little pony

it's amazing how many careers 1 sex tape can launch

6. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I think Mama K. has got some dirt on Simon, and that's how Khloe got on, and stays on, the show. :lol:

I totally agree with you. Mario is a pretty good host, he doesn't need a spotter.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  7. BaileyCatts

So glad CeCe is gone. I was worried that the Vote for the Worst crowd would carry her to the win. Of course, I don't bother voting, so I guess I can't complain about the votes.

I'd be okay with Carly or Tate winning, since they will likely be 1-2. Emblem 3 is cute in a boy band kind of way, and they do have their moments. I kinda like them, and the one lead singer (don't know his name, had the "Hi" hat on in 2nd number last night) kinda makes me go all teenage fan-girl when he smiles. :eek: But they'll likely be 3rd. That's how I would bet it out.

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I actually think the existence of Khloe K up there detracts from Mario's ability to host. Because they have to go back and forth with their lines, he comes off as cheesy. If he could just go about it at his own pace, ad lib, etc., he'd be so much better.

9. my little pony

ita, he's so much more likable on that entertainment show he hosts where he stands out in the grove and interviews people

with kloe lurching over him, like a great dane threatening to mount a chihuahua, he somehow comes off like the biggest perv in the bar at last call.

10. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

11. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Tate actually made me want to go to a bonfire. Sounds fun.

Carly Rose ok on Your Song.

E3 are 16, 19, and 20. Still not doing much for me.

12. my little pony

emblem 3 sounds like someone got those singing 1 direction dolls and put very old batteries in them

13. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I liked Tate's 1st song better than the 2nd. In fact I loved the 1st song. The 2nd was kind of boring. I was glad it was made obvious that the 1st song represents the kind of artist he wants to be. I don't think L.A. has let him have enough input into song selection.

I didn't like either of Carly's songs. The 1st one was too far from the melody & the 2nd was boring & unimaginative. Do we really need to hear Imagine for the 10 millionth time? Her clothes tonight were a miss...her gold slacks in the 1st song were so unflattering & her clunky shoes detracted from the 2nd one. There is something so old ladyish about her. I don't think she's shown her personality at all.

I didn't like either of Emblem 3's song selections tonight. I thought the 1st song was too dated & the 2nd - Hey Jude - it's never been a favorite of mine...it goes on too long & it's too repetitive. And they are still not very good singers.

I thought Simon was right - Fifth Harmony won the night. I loved their 1st song, it was so much fun. The 2nd song really showed off their beautiful voices. All 5 are really talented.

14. my little pony

their hey jude was like a drill squad half time rendition. since there was no attempt to sing, it wasnt bad for them

ita that simon's girls won the night. their first song was like a barbie dream house commercial, so bright and shiny! i loved it. i feel like the groups thrown together last minute in simon's cabana are at a disadvantage since they have no pimping until that point.

15. BaileyCatts

Loved Tate's first number. Second was kinda :yawn: because it was a slow song. He should have finished with something even bigger than his first number. It was good, I thought he did it very well, but he was much better on the first number.

Carly was just okay for me tonight, but good gawd do I freaking hate Imagine! She lost my vote just from the song pick.

And just when I thought it was bad enough hearing Carly sing my most hated song ever, Emblem 3 comes along and sings my 2nd most hated song ever, and that's where they lost me on Hey Jude. At least they didn't have to learn too many words for the second song. And now it will be in my head for days.

I was never into Fifth Harmony, but after the song choices, I think they might just squeeze into that third spot for the Finals. but what the hell was with that big bow on whoever it was in the first number. And what the heck was that song? I don't think I've ever heard that in my life. Although their dresses were kinda cute ... but that bow. :yikes:

I think Tate just might pull this off. Hope he goes with party songs for the finals and not ballads.

16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

ITA with the comments above -

Best song: Tate's bonfire
    Best overall: 5th Harmony
    Boring: Carly (Good vocals, but repetitive like the 2 songs were the same); Tate's second song (good vocal, but zzzz)
    Not even close to being "superstar" material: Emblem 3

Oh, and Diamond White deserves a shout out for being sooooo sweet to Carly Rose. For someone so young, that girl can keep her $h!t together when she's down -- she takes it all in stride and doesn't ball her eyes out.

17. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

Count me in as another who agrees with regards to Tate's first song, Fifth Harmony overall, Carly being a bit zzz and Emblem 3.

I still don't understand the love for Emblem 3. Simon is obviously pushing for this group and is hoping to recreate some of the magic he has with One Direction, but I just don't see the same charisma or spark.

Carly's performances have become monotonous for me the last few weeks. Talented girl, but somewhat zzz.

I'm hoping for a Tate Stevens, Carly Rose and Fifth Harmony final.

18. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I would love youtube links to vocal tracks only for Emblem 3 and Fifth Harmony. My guess is the voting might change if only listening was involved and the music and background singers were not heard.

ETA: WGWG is the new pick at votefortheworst.com

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I wouldn't mind Tate for the win but not if VFTW has anything to do with it. I want Fifth Harmony to come in 1st or 2nd.

20. my little pony

lol, britney looked like she was gonna serve up a beatdown, cajun style

21. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

Her reaction after Fifth Harmony was announced as the first act going through to the finals was priceless. Her facial expressions are just :rofl::rofl:

22. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I have a feeling we will never hear from Emblem 3 again.

23. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

And that would probably be a very good thing ... :shuffle:

24. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Just like One Direction after they got booted off the U.K version?

25. BaileyCatts

What does WGWG mean in reference to Tate? And why would Tate be their pick because Tate is actually, well GOOD. He performs just as well as any of those new country singers you see on the country award shows. I hadn't looked to see who their pick was after CeCe got booted, but was thinking it would probably be Fifth Harmony. So I'm confused about why Tate is their pick.

26. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

White Guy With Guitar - Phrase coined when it became apparent that only WGWGs could win AI.

As for VFTW, it's run by hipsters (or wannabe hipsters) who are too cool for school. Tate's not their cuppa.

27. masofs

masofs New Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  28. masofs

masofs New Member

The girls of Fifth Harmony were so lip synching the harmonies in their first performance tonight. Now I notice that they did the same thing last week with this song. :lol:

Leann Rimes ruining this duet with Carly Rose Sonenclar... Poor girl.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I thought Leann was 100 X better than Carly. Her voice is so rich & Carly's is immature at this stage.

30. masofs

masofs New Member

Leann has a great voice but she wasn't singing well and she was completely off key. Also she was looking a real mess and she tried to upstage Carly. Carly was trying to harmonize and Leann just walking all over it...