X factor USA Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by tarotx, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Diamond was good, but I get that squicky feeling when 13 year olds sing about feeling the heat with somebody.

Vino's song didn't have the right range for him, and he needs to stop wearing a jacket with shoulder pads because he looks like Quasimodo when he hunches over to sign and the shoulder pads poof up around his ears.

Paige -- one of the best of the night. Definitely her best. She moved well, and seemed to find her pitch while moving better than she does when standing still.

Carly Rose - a few pitch issues in the beginning in the low register, but then she did some really great things with the song. But I am sick of hearing people cover this, and I also got that squicky feeling about her singing such a mature song at 13.

Fifth Harmony - a few pitchy moments - a little boring because they just stood on their platform. Not enough harmony.

Tate - another good country vocal, I like him being upbeat. Don't think the dancing looked any worse than any country guy dancing.

Cece - no, don't do something that we associate with 1) fierce Patti Labelle, and 2) fierce Xtina, Pink, Mya, Lil Kim. It failed by comparison. Pitchy. She had a hard time maintaining vocal control while moving around and she looked awkward.

Emblem 3 -- I agreed with Demi, this was dull. They just flopped around. Singing not that good.

2. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Paige was boring but danced well, Tate was boring and chunky, Vino was scary and boring, Diamond and Carly both hurt my ears and were boring, 5th Harmony was extra boring, really disappointing how they just all sing together and do nothing original with any song.

Cece was at least wildly entertaining because every other line is amazing and then the next line is horrible. I want her in the top 3 cause most of the other people bore the stuffing out of me. Emblem 3 did their job well enough- I can't believe Drew is so restricted by clothing that he has to tear it off as soon as the song is done, lolz. Works for me though. ;) They have a tendency to sound like howling dogs at times but Keaton does have a fairly nice voice and Drew entertains with the raps. These 2 acts need to stay or this show will be total dullsville.

I predict Vino gets the dump straight away, and then a singoff between Diamond and Paige or maybe 5th Harmony.

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

if it werent for you, i wouldnt even know that emblem 3 had names

4. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I loved Carly Rose and Cece. I don't like Paige, Tate, Vino or Diamond. I also don't like Emblem 3. They are like any other boy group and their is notring special about them or Fifth Harmony

5. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Or that every singer is boring. Good to know.

6. my little pony

i thought diamond sounded like a terminally ill otter bellowing for one last bucket of fish. but i guess they think they can sell a tween before they can sell someone > 30 who is covered head to toe in prison tats.

7. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

I'm absolutely disgusted with the X-Factor results tonight. There's no question who won that singoff. And the wrong one got saved. WHY wouldn't Simon let it go to the public vote???

8. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I thought this was Diamond's worst performance but her body of work has been much more enjoyable to me than Vino's. I really can't stand to look at Vino when he sings, he hunches over & gestures strangely with his arms. Plus all the ugly tattoos, the knit cap most of the time, & the strange drawn-on hair.

IMO Diamond shouldn't even have been there....WHO is voting for Cece?

9. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Definitely not me! Never voted for the 2 groups either.

10. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Vote for the worst? With viewership and voting down, any semi organized group would have a good chance of tipping the scales.

Eta, the VFTW site is crowing about how "CeCe was destroyed until VFTW made her our pick."

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  11. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

That was Diamond's worst performance so far. Vino definitely sounded better, but I don't like his hunched over presentation either.

I bet Diamond will be doing nothing but ballads since her two upbeat songs have landed her on the bottom.

Looks like this is Carly's or Tate's -- they are 1-2 every week.

12. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I wouldn't mind Carly or Tate winning...they are the most consistant & both sound radio ready.

13. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

CECE FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer2:

Because Simon knows Diamond has the potential to sell a decent amount of music while Vino will sell 10,000 copies and then be dropped from his label.

So is that a YAY or a NAY??

14. my little pony

because when the dancers pushed her across the stage in that big luggage cart, i felt like bieber is an unappreciated genius

and dont get on the cece bandwagon w haribobo, for whatever reason he only likes contestants w a psychosis, for him the singing is at best tertiary

15. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I'm not a country music fan but TATE FTW!! I have to listen to a country station whenever my husband & I are in the car together, and IMO Tate is as good as 99% of what I hear, plus he's so likable. Carly will be fine without the win. She already has a pretty impressive resume.

16. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

He could be the next Buddy Jewell, all right.

:p

17. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Who's Buddy Jewell? Oh well, as long as he's not the next Randy Travis....his family wouldn't like that.

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

How is this unplugged?

Cece was really pitchy. Bad transition notes.

19. my little pony

and yet it was perhaps her best effort since the judges house

20. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

First winner of Nashville Star (like a country American Idol) .. Miranda Lambert came in 3rd that year. Sometimes better not to win!

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Oh my ears, Emblem 3 hurt my ears.. what are the judges talking about? Strangling cats.

22. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Oh, that is why I don't know him. Coun'ry ain't my thang

I don't know this Bieber song, but Carly is good. Only bad thing is the kiddies screaming so loud you can't hear her.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  23. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

LA Reid needs to learn how to STFU... I love this group!

24. my little pony

i like simon's girls better than emblem 3, emblem 3 remind me of lisa simpson's non threatening boys magazine

25. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Good gawd CeCe was horrendous in that 2nd number. :yikes:

And did Simon (or was it Mario) say Emblem 3 boys were only 16?? I thought they were like 20. :wideeyes:

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

At least 1 is 16. I thought they were older too.

Cece dreadful as Katy Perry.

Best of night were Carly and Diamond. Tate didnt make my ears bleed.

27. my little pony

emblem 3 sounded like some band that would greet you at disney. when i was a teacher, every girl in the choir was better than diamond. i dont get her appeal other than she seems polite.

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

La is right, they sing unison most of the time, but there was some harmony in that one.

29. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Hmm ... I kinda liked both of Tate's performances tonight and think he should be first this week. Usually love Carly, but I didn't like her second performance (but I hate that song so maybe my view is tainted :lol:).

30. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Diamond a bit dull in the second one. In fact, all of them a bit dull, crappy audience picks.