X factor USA Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by tarotx, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

In case anyone cares, part of the reveal of the final 16 was on last night. Due to the baseball rain delay, we only got to see the teens, overs, and two of the young adults. The full show will be broadcast on Tuesday.

Who's in
    OVERS:
    David, Jason, Vino and Tate
    17-24: Jennel & Willie so far
    Teens:Carly Rose, Beatrice, Diamond and Arin

2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Willie??? WTF? :huh:

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

willie jones, he's the african american teenager that sings country music

4. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

you forgot to put the word SINGS in quotation marks

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

You should have put spoilers around all the reveals.

6. my little pony

it was aired on wednesday night, once it is shown on tv it isnt a spoiler anymore. aceon 6 didnt include anyone that wasnt shown on tv as moving forward.

7. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

This may be worth an exception to the regular spoiler policy because the show never aired on the west coast and will not air here until next week. I don't care personally, but can see how someone from the west coast who wants to remain spoiler free might be frustrated at having to stay away from this thread for close to a week. So perhaps we might put the partial reveal in spoilers until the episode re-airs.

8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I thought spoilers were not working yet...

Weird. You can read what you type in as a spoiler and get spoiled and then when you move your mouse over the spoiler text, it turns white and THEN it is spoiled (covered in hidden black box).

Good to hear about the west coast airing because I got nothing new. Just a repeat of the Under 25's and the groups doing their final auditions. So it was weird the next day to see yahoo.com had a clip of one of singers being eliminated - when from what I saw...nobody had been eliminated.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

They will be showing the full episode that was partially aired on the east coast and not aired on the west coast on this upcoming TUESDAY, which means it will air opposite The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.

Then, because of baseball, the schedule will get really messed up. The first live episode will be Thursday, Nov. 1. The second live episode will be on Sunday, Nov. 4.

Fox also is going to intersperse repeats of audition shows in the middle of all of that, so it is really going to confuse viewers about the process. That isn't going to help ratings.

10. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Looks like a "feature" in that it's not active until you've passed it.

11. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

I'm kind of shocked that Jillian Jensen didn't get through. She got a lot of air time in the audition process and in boot camp. My only guess is that they plan to bring her back as a wildcard?

On a different note, I LOVE Willie Jones. :lol:

12. my little pony

i was surprised too. i didnt really care for her but demi seemed to like her a lot.

13. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I would have rather Jillian got thru versus CeeCee. Gawd I hate her. I may end up voting on the live shows just to try to get her voted out. Don't care if she can sing well or not, I can't stand her attitude.

14. my little pony

i dont know, i laugh out loud and grab my drink every time she mentions selling stamps

15. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'm smelling producer manipulation OR a deliberate decision to insure Jennell makes it to the final few shows.

16. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I think Tara Simon who is in the over 25 group is much more annoying than CeeCee, and I'm glad LA did not put her thru the live shows.

17. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I'm not on the west coast but I didn't get the Weds night show. I have my DVR set to record anytime it is shown & it didn't record anything so I didn't realize that some people got an extra show.

I'm getting where I can't stand Demi Lavato - on the show this week that revealed the young adults & groups, she was having way too much fun dragging it out & torturing people. She hasn't shown me one thing that qualifies her as a legitimate coach/judge with anything useful to say. Except that apparently everyone is "special".

18. BaileyCatts

Oh I hated her too. But luckily LA spared me having to deal with 2 "can't stand 'dem beyotchs" for me. :lol:

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Who else watched tonight? Leading up to tonight's show there were a lot of acts that I liked but I wasn't entertained by very many people tonight. In fact I can't even remember most people that well.

LA's over 25's: I liked David (the adopted guy) & Tate, the C&W singer. Vino was awful & Jason (who I previously liked) came off as a buffoon. Simon was spot on about him - bad outfit, bad choreography, bad song choice.

Groups: I completely love Lyric 145 but didn't love the song choice. However, IMO they are ready right now to make records. I didn't really like Emblem 3 before but they were great tonight. The girl group was pretty bad but that might have been because they sang that horrible Taylor Swift song about never getting back together :shudder: And the sister group leaves me cold - they are pretty girls but I think only one of them has what it takes. I don't know their names but it was the girl who sang 1st.

Britney's teens: I like Diamond's voice the least of the 4 of them but I thought she was the only one with a good song choice & good staging. I hated Willie's song, his look, & his staging. Neither Beatrice or Carly Rose were allowed to shine - Britney chose awful songs & staging for them & I thought they both looked bad. B's hair had those crimps in it that were popular in the 80's & I hated Carly's outfit esp the knee socks.

Demi's young adults: Paige looked fabulous in the fluff plus her costume & staging was probably the best of the night. The only thing I didn't like was her white lips. They dyed Jennel's hair really dark & straightened it...it was ok & her outfit was good except too long. I would have put her in shorts with that long fringed vest. Demi suggested that CC bleach her hair the same boring color that all no-talent Hollywood starlets have, & her outfit and make-up were extremely unflattering. Plus her vocals were pretty bad. I know there was one more in this group - I think it was a guy but apparently he is completely forgettable.

LA Reid & Demi Lovato are insufferable as judges & mentors. LA may be a talented manager, I don't know, but he is useless on this show. And so unprofessional. He trashed one of Simon's groups just because Simon critiqued Jason rather harshly. (Simon was spot on.) And Demi is so full of herself. Britney isn't the best judges I've ever seen but at least she is sweet & pretty down to earth & isn't having a love affair with herself.

20. my little pony

most of the vocals are overproduced. you cant hear the contestant over the 9 trillion backup singers.

britney's pilgrim collar was an interesting choice.

21. masofs

masofs New Member

I thought this first live was so awkward. There are many good singers this year but the song choices, the production and the style were horrible tonight. Really, what they (the mentors) were thinking of?

Britney Spears was specially bad as a mentor. When I saw what Carly Rose Sonenclar was wearing the first thought that came to my mind was "Hit me baby one more time" :scream:. That Flo Rida song was an awful choice for her! Still, even with the poor choice of music and staging, the girl is a star and she did good. But she can do so much better than this. Best voice in competition, IMHO.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  22. BaileyCatts

Am I the only one who thought the sound quality was terrible?! Especially those smoke cannons ... they were louder than the singer! I could barely hear the singers over the special effects and just overall noise. Is that the sound technicians or the production team? Someone needs to go back to training, whoever it was. That was terrible.

I liked the Emblem 3 and Willie Jones best. I thought Willie was great! Maybe a little more spark since it was such a party song, but I loved him. And yea I kinda do agree with Simon about too many dancers, etc., but again, Willie sang a party song! I thought it all went well.

And someone please tell me how "1432" equals "I Love You Too"????? :confused:

And can we please please PLEASE fire Khole Kardashian before tomorrow nights show!! She was borderline rude several times I thought. Pushing Demi to answer who was the best in the girl group? Totally understand her not wanting to name names (as Simon didn't either and he said the same thing!) ... although it was probably more of she didn't know her name. :lol: But it was just mean that Khole kept pushing her to come up with a name. Why didn't she harass Simon that way? He said the same thing. Mario can totally carry this show by himself. There is no need for Khole.

23. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I watched the first hour. This is the first time I've watched this season. The singing was bad overall and they tried to cover it up with elaborate production, but the judges were horrible. There is zero chemistry between them, the attempts at humor were forced, the snipping at the contestants is old, and Khloe Kardashian was ridiculous. I'll just stay with the Voice where the focus is on the singers actually being able to sing and the mentor interaction always makes me laugh.

24. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Production was terrible. Sound was terrible. Camera work was terrible. The talent may be there, but you couldn't hear it or see it. I'm going to delete this from my DVR and just check in here to see how Carly, Beatrice and David fare.

25. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

I can't get over how awful the production was. :yikes: There wasn't a single act that wasn't overwhelmed by the sound, smoke, dancers etc. The music choices were a hot mess(not that you could hear anything) and the judges were completely useless in providing feedback. Between Demi's makeovers and Britney's overproduced numbers, I feel sorry for the singers. Add in Khloe Kardashian and you have what can only be described as a trainwreck of a show. :eek:

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

ITA with all of you. This was so bad. Just bad. Overproduced, crappy flailing choreography, terrible sound quality, awful song choices, age inappropriate for the 13 year old girls, ridiculous makeovers, fugly styling, cheesy host scripts, a talentless Kardashian, Mario Lopez can't get a word in with Khloe's babbling, the usual stupid bickering amongst the judges. Completely buried any talent that might be there -- and there is some there.

Delete and back to the Voice.

27. my little pony

it is a shame because many of them sang well up until this point, i wonder how many articulate people were passed over to hire that loud girl.

also, having 2 hosts just added to the whole cluttered, overdone atmosphere. why have 1 host when you can have 2? why not have 900 backup singers and 40 dancers? why not dress a girl like the inside of a horse chestnut rolled in glitter?

Alixana and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to mlp again!

29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I figurered out that was each word's number of letters: I (one) LOVE (four) YOU (three) too/to (typical teen spelling of too) :rolleyes: And it's still a stupid name. But they won't have that name much longer. I don't see these girls staying together after tonight.

30. my little pony

wow, britney digs up a second pilgrim shirt

demi's hair is sort of haphazardly up in case she wants to wash her face during the show

loud girl host is overbearing, it's like being stalked by a freight train