X factor USA Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by tarotx, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I think a lot of the successful folks have one thing in common... they all made money in entertainment before they went on these shows. For most, the exposure allows them to play better venues, charge more, and have a more comfortable life. For folks like Bev from The Voice, that's what she was after.

2. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Reports are out that Britany is quitting before she gets fired. Apparently she heard she was not going to be asked back b/c they felt she wasn't living up to her 15 million contract.

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

No big loss. She added absolutely nothing to the show. I actually enjoyed Demi as a judge and I had no clue who she was before this show. Simon, Demi and LA would be enough for me.

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Canadian Idol gave the world Jacob Haggard (of Hedley) and Carly Rae Jepsen. Not so bad.

5. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

L.A. Reid has quit to focus on his record company I believe.

I think in The Voice thread people reminded me that Nashville Star gave us Miranda Lambert and Chris Young. Canadian Idol also gave us Kalan Porter, whose two albums both sold over 200,000 copies (double platinum in Canada). I know he stopped his career because of his Mom's health, wikipedia said he was to have a third album out in 2012, but that did not come about.

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

they can rotate judges all they want, that really isnt the problem with the show

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I for one am shocked that Fox is still trying to save it. Stick a fork in it, folks, it's done.

8. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Terry went on the road with his show right before he started his run at The Mirage. My husband & I attended the last show he did - he is from the Fort Worth/Dallas area so his last show was in Fort Worth. Not only was he brilliant, his warm-up act was a lot of fun. It's been a few years so I want to see his show again next time we go to Vegas.

I think X-Factor fills a niche that isn't filled by the other shows. I really like the 4 age groups. The problem IMO isn't with the format. It's the boring (LA) or inane (Britney/Demi) judges. I agree with someone upthread that they should get someone who is influential in the record industry, who is also an interesting person. And if Simon wants pop stars, why do they have to be so young (aka Disney) singers? How about using someone with some cred who also has a pulse? (I'm looking at you Britney.)

9. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Good reminder! BTW, its spelled Hoggard. Lovely contestants. Canadian Idol was a wonderful show. The most recent season with Amberly, Mitch, Drew, Theo, Earl, etc. was amazing! Even if most of them didn't go on to huge international careers, I loved them being showcased on the show. I still go back to Theresa Sokyrka, Josh Palmer, and Jacob performances every now and then. The judges were pretty fun too. I really, really miss this show.