X Factor UK 2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So I thought Cowell didn't sign them after all, but One Erection not only did just score a Number 1 hit with their debut single "What Makes You Beautiful," they also clocked the highest one week sales of the year so far with 153,000 copies.

The song is predictably vomit inducing. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E

2. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

I'll have to watch it after work. They're pretty bad. But at least with them, their voices sounds kinda in tune with each other most of the time. The group of boys on X Factor Australia, Young Men's Society, sound like a bunch of dogs howling when they attempt harmonies. And the judges keep saying they are the best thing ever ever everrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

3. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Bootcamp shows were good fun, here are some links:

Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWOP0tBp8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKy0e2zdmn8

Sunday:

Misha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLgpAuyHGU8

Kitty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nllaDELuY :scream:

Goldie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRrqdvRJhr8 :rofl:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nadin

Lascel Wood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntQthPMOdA

He's out! :eek: :confused:

Some other weird decisions by the judges: they put a band through to the next round that they put together on the spot (chosen from candidates they'd put together in different groups the day before), without hearing them sing together at all :rolleyes:

While the girls and boys' categories had many good candidates (some of which didn't make it through), the groups are really weak and the overs must have been chosen purely on the basis of entertainment factor, most of them are terrible.

Quite predictably Gary got the boys, Kelly the girls, Tulisa the groups and Louis the (left)overs. Think we're going to be seeing a lot of Louis trying to defend his ridiculous acts in the live shows :yikes:

4. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

Nadin, you're spoiling it for me! :drama:

Just kidding, it'll still be fun to watch. :D

5. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

6. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Sorry Jackie, forgot you had to wait for your personal courier service :p
    Didn't you have a live link last year?

Wise move!

7. floskate

floskate Vacant

Her husband is BBC chairman???? :eek:

8. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

Say what? :eek: :eek:

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooo Goldie was the main reason to watch it.

How could she do this to me? :(

10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Not quite:

11. haribobo

Sure you can. Everything is on youtube, and they stream it live on justintv also, just search "x factor"

12. allezfred

Disappointed a bit with the boys tonight. Thought the girls looked stronger.

Looking forward to seeing who will make the final 16 tomorrow. Although not so much that I'd make a poll about it. :p

13. Jackie Sparrow

I look forward to do about 6 hours of catching up next week :D
    Freeeed, where are they? :p

14. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

The most interesting thing about the boys category was the banter between Gary and Robbie :rofl:

15. floskate

floskate Vacant

I thought a lot of the boys underperformed but poor Luke was just awful :yikes: Gary and Robbie stole the show for sure. Kelly and Jennifer Hudson were surprisingly bland. They looked all starchy and stiff, as though they were waiting a really long time for tea to be served and didn't have much conversation in the meantime!

16. Jackie Sparrow

Nevermind, Fred :D

17. Jackie Sparrow

Must have been quite the party :D

18. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Does Dermot do anything other than hug people at this stage?

19. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Oh Louis... :duh: :wall:

20. Jackie Sparrow

I'd love to hug Dermot...I'd love to do more than just hugging...:shuffle:

21. allezfred

Have to say I'm pretty happy with the final lineup. Nobody I particularly loathe or dislike.

22. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

I'm disappointed that Jade didn't make it through. The whole versatility thing is a bit :blah:

23. floskate

floskate Vacant

I'm a bit gutted Jade didn't get through either, especially after Kelly's crying and raving after her initial audition. Substitute 'versatility' for body weight and I think you have your answer.

I wasn't that impressed on the first audition but she showed at bootcamp that her voice is actually capable of much more. She's interesting and I think it's a mistake to drop her at the expense of other 'talents' such as Janet who is irritating in the extreme, as un-versatile as it's possible to get and cannot sustain a single not to save her life without cracking all over it. :scream:

24. haribobo

OMG ITA x infinity!!! I think Jade's judges house song choice was a bit predictable and blah, but Janet is really a copycat of so many people we've seen before and I think we are going to find her live show performances very "precious" and underwhelming. I'm very satisfied with the other 3 - Amelia, Sophie, and Mischa- all are really great, but man if Jade was in there it would be even better. Tough year eh? I'd like to see if Cheryl would've taken Katie Waissel over Jade last year...I can only hope Jade returns in fierce form next year.

The only weak link I can see in the final 16 is Jonny. Boys, girls, and groups are looking great. Sami, Jonjo, and Kitty are quite good also. Seems like a much deeper field than last year.

25. masofs

masofs New Member

I also think Janet Devlin is overrated. She looks lovely and I think her voice is quite interesting but she is not ready yet. And she really needs breathing lessons.

26. allezfred

I guess I'm alone in preferring Janet to Jade. Great voice and all, but it's the X Factor after all. You have to have more than singing ability.

27. floskate

floskate Vacant

Yes you do but some singing ability would help!!! And what X factor does Janet have? Her lost little girl act will get very old, very soon and she's going to have to find different facets to her voice and performing style if she has any real future beyond the show. Maybe Kelly Rowlands can do that for her and if Janet can deliver the goods all power to the girl, but she has some dreadful vocal habits that I don't see going away anytime soon.

28. allezfred

Diana Vickers made the Top 4 and I think Janet is infinitely better than Diana Vickers. The vocal style is not going to appeal to everyone, but whether you like her or don't there's no mistaking it's her.

Plus she's Irish and we bought the :bloc:. ;)

29. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

I'm blaming the accent! :lol: Not sure Kelly understood a word Jade was saying :shuffle:

30. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Not at all, Jade looked like she stunk of piss. I don;t care how nice your voice is, if you give the appearance that you don't wash your knickers, I'm not going to listen without prejudice.

I watched all of the judges houses, boys were tripe. Overs were horrific....Seriously, there isn't one potential star over 25!! (it's not 40) in Britain?? :confused:

My favourite was the bands :shuffle: That guy who sang "written in the stars" was awesome...and the two rappers from both groups had great quality. Especially the one named after a city in Norn Iron..Derry?

Completely agree that the blonde girl who sang that tripe Ketie Perry song, kind of put Perry in the shade and was believable as a pop star. Her brother is Lewis from Any drem will do.

I'm saying Nu vibe for the win, with Sophie :)smokin:) and Amelia giving her a push.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011