X Factor UK 2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Aug 20, 2011.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Sure you can. Everything is on youtube, and they stream it live on justintv also, just search "x factor"
  2. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Disappointed a bit with the boys tonight. Thought the girls looked stronger.

Looking forward to seeing who will make the final 16 tomorrow. Although not so much that I'd make a poll about it. :p
  3. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow New Member

I look forward to do about 6 hours of catching up next week :D
    Freeeed, where are they? :p
  4. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

The most interesting thing about the boys category was the banter between Gary and Robbie :rofl:
  5. floskate

floskate Vacant

I thought a lot of the boys underperformed but poor Luke was just awful :yikes: Gary and Robbie stole the show for sure. Kelly and Jennifer Hudson were surprisingly bland. They looked all starchy and stiff, as though they were waiting a really long time for tea to be served and didn't have much conversation in the meantime!
  6. Jackie Sparrow

Nevermind, Fred :D
  7. Jackie Sparrow

Must have been quite the party :D
  8. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Does Dermot do anything other than hug people at this stage?
  9. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Oh Louis... :duh: :wall:
  10. Jackie Sparrow

I'd love to hug Dermot...I'd love to do more than just hugging...:shuffle:
  11. allezfred

Have to say I'm pretty happy with the final lineup. Nobody I particularly loathe or dislike.
  12. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

I'm disappointed that Jade didn't make it through. The whole versatility thing is a bit :blah:
  13. floskate

floskate Vacant

I'm a bit gutted Jade didn't get through either, especially after Kelly's crying and raving after her initial audition. Substitute 'versatility' for body weight and I think you have your answer.

I wasn't that impressed on the first audition but she showed at bootcamp that her voice is actually capable of much more. She's interesting and I think it's a mistake to drop her at the expense of other 'talents' such as Janet who is irritating in the extreme, as un-versatile as it's possible to get and cannot sustain a single not to save her life without cracking all over it. :scream:
  14. haribobo

OMG ITA x infinity!!! I think Jade's judges house song choice was a bit predictable and blah, but Janet is really a copycat of so many people we've seen before and I think we are going to find her live show performances very "precious" and underwhelming. I'm very satisfied with the other 3 - Amelia, Sophie, and Mischa- all are really great, but man if Jade was in there it would be even better. Tough year eh? I'd like to see if Cheryl would've taken Katie Waissel over Jade last year...I can only hope Jade returns in fierce form next year.

The only weak link I can see in the final 16 is Jonny. Boys, girls, and groups are looking great. Sami, Jonjo, and Kitty are quite good also. Seems like a much deeper field than last year.
  15. masofs

masofs New Member

I also think Janet Devlin is overrated. She looks lovely and I think her voice is quite interesting but she is not ready yet. And she really needs breathing lessons.
  16. allezfred

I guess I'm alone in preferring Janet to Jade. Great voice and all, but it's the X Factor after all. You have to have more than singing ability.
  17. floskate

floskate Vacant

Yes you do but some singing ability would help!!! And what X factor does Janet have? Her lost little girl act will get very old, very soon and she's going to have to find different facets to her voice and performing style if she has any real future beyond the show. Maybe Kelly Rowlands can do that for her and if Janet can deliver the goods all power to the girl, but she has some dreadful vocal habits that I don't see going away anytime soon.
  18. allezfred

Diana Vickers made the Top 4 and I think Janet is infinitely better than Diana Vickers. The vocal style is not going to appeal to everyone, but whether you like her or don't there's no mistaking it's her.

Plus she's Irish and we bought the :bloc:. ;)
  19. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

I'm blaming the accent! :lol: Not sure Kelly understood a word Jade was saying :shuffle:
  20. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Not at all, Jade looked like she stunk of piss. I don;t care how nice your voice is, if you give the appearance that you don't wash your knickers, I'm not going to listen without prejudice.

I watched all of the judges houses, boys were tripe. Overs were horrific....Seriously, there isn't one potential star over 25!! (it's not 40) in Britain?? :confused:

My favourite was the bands :shuffle: That guy who sang "written in the stars" was awesome...and the two rappers from both groups had great quality. Especially the one named after a city in Norn Iron..Derry?

Completely agree that the blonde girl who sang that tripe Ketie Perry song, kind of put Perry in the shade and was believable as a pop star. Her brother is Lewis from Any drem will do.

I'm saying Nu vibe for the win, with Sophie :)smokin:) and Amelia giving her a push.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  21. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Completely agree but at the same time, it's bad habits that make a singer distinct and generally liked. It's not an ALW show...contestants aren't judged for quality and control, it's merely who is more pleasing to the ear of the masses and the masses generally like "quiet, soft and whispy".....

Donna Lewis made a career out of it.
  22. floskate

floskate Vacant

I didn't say it was an ALW show. :lol: But if any of this lot actually want a career with any longevity then they really need a distinct voice that is versatile and has some technique to back it up.
  23. allezfred

I love how you can verbalise exactly what I'm thinking. :rofl:

Mr. allezfred's fave is Sophie Haboobies.
  24. Jackie Sparrow

Most girls (and even some of the boys) seem to sound like Adele these days :shuffle: Janet is nice...for one song...then I am tired of her. Would never buy an album.
    Misha is my gal :D
  25. allezfred

They were showing auditions for the Christmas panto (with Jedward :lol: ) and there were six year olds
    whining
    singing "Someone Like You". So wrong. :yikes:
  26. Jackie Sparrow

Wtf! I didn't understand why John W. didn't get through last year and I really can't believe they did it again. I really like him. This is really cruel :( I would have put him through instead of Frankie. I like the other three.
  27. Jackie Sparrow

Next year they will rearrange a group during the LIVE SHOWS!
    I'm fine with the groups. I would have put the Keys through. I am curious what the new Risk can do. I think Nu Vibe are fab :D
  28. allezfred

Me too. Perhaps he should have gotten 8 peoples names tattooed on his arse.
  29. Jackie Sparrow

Johnny through??? Sami not through???
    So Kitty spends a thousand bucks on a costume she should NOT wear but she cannot seem to afford a proper haircut, nice hair colour and workshop where she learns how to apply proper make up? Great voice but she is highly annoying and I don't think the audience will like her. At least I hope they are going to tiff her up. She behaves like a wanna be diva but she certainly looks like white trash.
    And now GOLDIE???

I am fine with Jonjo and would have liked Terry. :( Since the overs category didn't have much to offer to begin anyway, they probably decided to turn it into the joke category :blah:
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  30. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Yeah this must be the worst series with regards to eye make-up :drama:

Judging by the snippets they showed of the live show intros though, someone had a chat as most girls had it toned down :lol:
  31. Jackie Sparrow

I should finish watching before commenting. Sami in, Goldie out :D But he still chose Goldie over Sami :wall:
  32. haribobo

He bored the stuffing out me. And his hair and outfits are terrible. Did he really think a ballad version of "Promise This" was going to get him to the top 4 boys, complete with botched notes? Not that I think Frankie is that great either, honestly. He's certainly more interesting than John though. I'd gladly give them both up for Jade, granted I wanted to shake some sense into her also after seeing her very mundane judges houses choice. If she chose "Piece of My Heart" or something else similarly funky, she's have been so hard to turn away. But no, her route was Bonnie Raitt mellowness. :/

I think Craig Colton is the real find this year on the boys side. His voice is stunning. Marcus and James are good also, and Frankie might be do ok, we'll see. Mischa and Sophie for the girls are incredible, and I really have a lot of hope for the groups also, some great talent in there.
  33. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

34. Jackie Sparrow

35. allezfred

The next twist is they'll bring them all back as a group. ;)
  36. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

:rofl:
  37. allezfred

Live show starts now.
  38. allezfred

Sophie Haboobies first one to knock it out of the park.
  39. allezfred

No-one else watched last night? :shuffle:
  40. poths

poths Well-Known Member

I really wasn't impressed last night :(

Sophie sang well but didn't have any kind of performance IMO

Janet chose a suitable song and pulled it off with a little emotion and The Risk were good.

Aside from that :blah:

Some horrific song choices and over productions IMO. Amelia was robbed.

Can't they just send home all of the overs? What girl will actually go?

I'm guessing:
    Jonjo
    2 Shoes
    Curly head guy
    .......Sophie? Misha?