1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Factor UK 2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Aug 20, 2011.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Kelly Rowland is out. I read an article that said she didn't like the huge circus surrounding the show AND that Simon wasn't pleased with her performance as a judge.

Is this shocking to anyone else? I never watched as I don't live in the U.K. but all I have heard are rave reviews about Kelly as a judge. Is my perception all wrong?

I wouldn't be surprised to see her wind up on the U.S. version and this was all just rumor and/or to get attention.
  2. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Well technically she was never "in" for next year. Simon Cowell only ever gives the judges a one year contract and leaves it all open until the last minute so that he can create some kind of drama as it gets to the summer and the audition rounds so that he's in the tabloid press creating a stir for the start of the season.

I thought Kelly was a good judge, with good constructive feedback (at least leading up the live shows). She seemed to really try to help the acts (i'm thinking when she kept making groups sing things again and show her their harmonies. What she wasn't very good at was picking songs for her acts. She picked songs that would go down with a US audience but not the UK audience. There were some weeks where her acts picked their own songs and she didn't even know the song.

I think Simon would be an idiot to not ask her to do the US version since Nicole and Paula were absolute shyte on it, but since he's not likely to boot Paula again, nicole while probably be replaced by her.