X Factor UK 2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Aug 20, 2011.

1. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Anybody else watching?:slinkaway

2. allezfred

3. paulac

paulac Active Member

I'm determined not to get drawn in this year...:scream: but saw the Tyrone girl's audition on youtube - wasn't that impressed.

4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Too early to make any judgements on performance or how they'll do but
    Frankie what a big head :shuffle:He reminded me of a young David Essex :D
    Girls love him already :p
    Kitty I disliked immediately .Great voice but there was something about her .She seemed over confident .Telling people they could sell her autograph on Ebay :eek:
    Little Janet what a sweetie :swoon:Reminded me a little of Diana Vickers but better.

5. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Thanks for posting.
    Couldn't watch last night but have mixed feelings about this year's show. To be left with Louis out of all the four judges is a bit :blah:

Did Goldie make it through by the way? :rofl:

6. allezfred

Yes. :rofl:

7. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Even though I think Gary Barlow is totally :grope: I think he is completely :yawn: as a judge. It doesn't help that he speaks slowly and sounds like a simpleton. Also he's apparently a really nice guy in real life, so trying to play at being Simon Cowell really doesn't suit him.

:cheer2: Kelly Rowland was a surprise - she seemed brilliant as a judge.

Tulisa seems nice enough, but i had to laugh at a scene from a "coming soon" where she appears to criticise someone's singing ability and they reply with something like "that's rich coming from you" as I'm inclined to agree :shuffle:

I have to say that overall I really liked the show, the audition stages are the most boring episodes to me, but they seem to have dedicated the larger part of the show to the good people, especially the ones that are mentalists that seem like the will be utter crap and then have a passable voice (I'm think the mental blonde girl whose eyes are scarily close together) rather than the car crash awful ones which just annoy me.

I may get sucked into this series yet.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

thanks for links Fred.. I really liked Janet Devlin - what a lovely voice and tone and quite unique.. keep us posted please :cool:

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm going to enjoy watching Janet grow in confidence.
    They are right...she doesn't know how good she is, or can be.
    She will, though, by the end of the process.

It was a pleasure to hear her.

10. antmanb

The second coming of Diana Vickers :rofl: I found Diana to be a bit annoying but i really liked Janet's audition.

11. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

No X Factor for me this year :(

12. venja

venja New Member

What do you mean by this? Not available in your country or you're purposely not going to watch this season? :(

Louis seems slightly likeable this year, and Gary seems like he has a pickle stuck up his you know what.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Kelly Rowland is the best judge evah! :cheer:

I just wish they got rid of Louis.

And if there was still anybody who didn't realise that Gary Barlow is an ass, there's your confirmation. :p

All the contestants on the first show (other than the amazing Goldie Cheung :D) were so annoying.

Frankie and Kitty seemed like total assholes and Janet's heavy breathing, that she wasn't controlling whatsoever, made it impossible to focus on her singing. Yes, she has potential but needs loads and loads of work. She should come back next year.

14. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I've watched a bit just to see how Kelly Rowland is doing as a judge and I think she's great so far. She should replace Jennifer Lopez or Randy Jackson or both on American Idol.

15. Jackie Sparrow

Catching up catching uuuuuuup!
    Oh damn, too bad I can only watch a few editions. Kelly R. is fab :D Gary B. speaks my mind :eek: They have replaced everyone but Louis? Louis of all people? :p No clue who Tulisa is :)

16. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

Four weeks into the show and I finally managed to catch some of the action.

I'm surprised at how quickly I got used to the new judges. Kelly is a natural and she's completely taken over the panel. I'm also rather amused by the constant smirk on Barlow's face.

Here are some of the high (and low) lights of this week's show.

Samantha Brooks: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJegEdcja0

Kendro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMCOuuqGB0

Lascel Wood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntQthPMOdA

Twisted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhDJ2Q4r4vs

17. Jackie Sparrow

Kelly c r a c k s me up! Fabulous! :rofl:

18. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

19. poths

poths Well-Known Member

20. allezfred

I do too which means we're probably both wrong. :p

Love, love Kelly Rowland.

21. Jackie Sparrow

22. allezfred

They are in the post. Sent them on Monday this time.

23. paulac

paulac Active Member

Hope so, love his voice

24. antmanb

If she does, then this was always the plan from the very beginning.

I'm inclined to believe it's true on the basis that Cheryl's new L'oreal advert has started airing in the breaks on X factor.

I'm guessing there would be no replacement but simply another category invented. Maybe boys under X age, boys over X age, same two categories but girls, and then groups.

I've certainly not missed Cheryl being on the show :shuffle:

25. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how many more Wagners, John Adelye's, and Storm's this show needs. There's some good older people in Australia this season actually. I can't remember too many good older people in the UK from this season though, and certainly not last season....

26. antmanb

Actually last season the original "over 25s" category would have been, I think, the strongest category and it also held the ultimate winner - Matt Cardle. When they changed it to over 28 (presumably because the boys and girls categories were not as strong as expected), Matt cardle and at least one of the girls who originally auditioned for the overs group then became part of the boys/girls category.

27. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Oh right, I forgot the age limits change. The format is frustrating sometimes because some categories can be stacked with great talent and then others are crap, but you have to have 3 (or 4) of each only. I'd have much preferred Gamu and Tom Richards to John A. and Storm. Although Cheryl really didn't need to pick Katie Waissel and that would have helped the situation. Many times, the groups are really horrible too. There should be a way for a mentor to say to the groups, sorry but most of you suck, I'm going with that other mentor and taking some of the acts they don't want. :) OR like The Voice, the mentor could choose which acts they want to work with, regardless of category. Just keep it open to groups and older people so at least they have a chance to compete if they're good enough.

28. Jackie Sparrow

Kendro is like Johnny times 2 :scream:

29. floskate

floskate Vacant

Did anyone catch the previews to next weeks bootcamp after last nights show? Kitty Brucknell looks as though she goes into total meltdown. Hopefully the panel will put her out of her misery and not do something as stupid as invite her to judges houses, or worse yet, the live shows :eek: :scream:

30. allezfred

Innit. Although I fear the worst. :yikes: