X Factor UK 2010

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

They haven't but they're going to return to doing that, at least this time around. Simon doesn't want another Leon Jackson/Joe McElderry type flop, so the idea is to milk the winner's publicity before it dries up.

And because of American X-Factor taking priority now, the next British one won't start until something like December 2011 or January 2012.

2. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ziggy, you're such a know it all, why aren't you president of the US or something similar?

I believe it when I see it. They are Americans, blah blah and empty promises.

*Jen* and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Lol, I just read Digital Spy. :D

Bear in mind pretty much all that is posted there is gossip. ;)

The current round of it:

- Shayne Ward is getting dropped by Syco after his album bombed.

- Here's why Take That performed the same song again, instead of their new single: :rofl:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103...8/cowell-bans-take-that-riot-cop-dancers.html

- Simon is most likely going to focus on the US version of X-Factor

I guess there is more money to be made in the States. ;)

- Cheryl Cole has apparently been signed to the US version (not officially yet).

- Simon's now dismissed claims that One Direction are guaranteed a deal.

- More on Matt's rumored sexoholism :D
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103...9/make-up-artist-claims-matt-cardle-romp.html

- Louis said in an interview that Simon is arranging for Mary to be signed to Sony

- Matt wants to co-write his material. He plays guitar and has been writing music since he was 11. I wonder if Simon will let him. :p

4. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm very aware of that. My problem with you is that you present everything you write as facts.
    You need to work on your wording, learn indirect speech and conditional etc.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Soooooo out of all the X-Factor contestants, the ones that are supposedly going anywhere with their careers at the moment:

Cher apparently got that Jay-Z deal and her album is scheduled for release in August. She recorded a song with will.i.am.

Rebecca got signed by Epic and is writing and recording.

One Direction got signed to Syco and first single is scheduled for 13th March.

Mary is recording an album too. I wonder if it's going to be original material or lots of oldie covers. :p

I am betting McElderry getting dropped is just a matter of time. As is formal announcement of Ward getting dropped. ;)

6. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I would bet a lot of money it is all oldies covers and will be released in time for Mother's Day (3rd April this year) ;)

Ant