WTT- MEN PREDICTIONS

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Apr 7, 2012.

?

MEN who will finish top 3/medal?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2012.
  1. Florent Amodio

8.6%
  2. Brian Joubert

34.1%
  3. Adam Rippon

1.6%
  4. Jeremy Abbott

26.5%
  5. Zhan Bush

1.6%
  6. Sergei Voronov

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Paolo Bacchini

1.1%
  8. Samuel Contesti

2.2%
  9. Patrick Chan

91.9%
  10. Kevin Reynolds

1.6%
  11. Takahiko Kozuka

25.4%
  12. Daisuke Takahashi

87.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

With the way the judges were scoring at Worlds and how they scored Jeremy's bad short program in PCS I have no doubt Jeremy would have received mid 80s easily for a clean LP at Worlds, maybe higher. Also a clean Jeremy would crush Joubert and Amodio IMO.

2. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

But that was not the question. He could have crushed Amodio and Joubert and still have come in 4th. It's a moot point anyway because he DIDN'T deliver and his odds at medaling at Worlds are just going to continue to get worse as he gets older and the field gets steeper. He had great opportunities to medal in 2010 and blew it, and similarly blew it here. I don't think it's going to happen for Jeremy at Worlds or the Olympics honestly, not now. If he even makes it to Sochi, he'll be nearly 29.

3. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

The thing I am bewildered is you are saying Jeremy at his best cant medal yet you were building up Miner's chances to medal at a Worlds in another thread. Do you seriously think Miner has a chance to medal vs competition that even Jeremy at his hypothetical best cant. :lol:

4. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I voted for Chan, Takahashi, and Joubert; but I would love to see Kozuka surprise me!! :cool:

5. pinky166

I didn't mean NOW. I meant Ross could medal in the FUTURE if he were to have a Lysacek-like transformation. Dai won't stick in past 2014 and I doubt Chan or Abbott will either, so yes, I could see someone like Ross medaling in 2015 and after if he continues to improve. Ross is on the upswing, and considering his age and continued inconsistency, Abbott is unlikely to get better between now and 2014, in terms of skating at least. But his skating isn't the problem anyways...

6. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:confused: In other words, you think he can medal post-2010 with the likes of Chan, Takahashi, and Hanyu without a quad jump, with a hit or miss 3Axel that has very questionable technique, and arm flailing choreography? It's going to take a lot more than a Lysacek-like transformation :)yikes: BLECH!) to compete with the world's best and medal now if everyone skates to their potential.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

I too agree, Jeremy has been given multiple times to medal at Worlds
    and blew his chances everytime, this was his last chance at medaling in Worlds
    like Alissa imo, but I don' see Miner as having good potential either, too bland and a hit or miss, the US future is with Brown who is an all around and to a lesser extent Farris who though not as good as brown jump wise or artistically but may improve

8. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

You think Farris is weaker athletically and artistically than Brown? I think both are artistically very well-rounded and Farris is definitely the better jumper. I prefer Josh over Jason at the moment.

9. pinky166

I said post 2014 for one thing, and I more meant, if Ross continues to be a solid and consistent competitor, his PCS may shoot up a la Lysacek and he could wind up on World podiums, once Takahashi, Chan, and a handful of others are likely out of the picture.

10. pinky166

?? Really? Jason with no 3a is a better jumper than Farris with his beautiful 3a? The artistry is debatable but Farris is clearly ahead of Brown in terms of jumps ATM. He beat a totally clean Jason at JW by 7+ points with a couple mistakes. When/if Jason gets a 3a, this could all change, but until then, Josh has my vote for the one to watch. He could make an impact on the senior stage as early as next season, his 3a is solid and beautiful, and he trains the 4t and tried it at Nationals so I'm sure we'll see him attempting it in the FS next season. Jason won't be a factor until he gets a solid 3a, and realistically he'll probably need a quad too. Also I personally think Josh and Jason are pretty evenly matched artistically right now, and if anything, I think Josh is more artistic, or at least I appreciate his artistry more at this point. Josh skates like a senior, whereas Jason is still very "junior" IMHO.

11. jettasian

jettasian New Member

Just realize this competition will be in Japan....so obviously which team will have the advantage from the judges...

12. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Does that mean you won't be watching?

13. NMURA

NMURA Member

It's in Japan ... I can imagine Takahashi could be placed above Chan if both skate like at worlds. Chan has never skated well in Japan. He was 4th last time? In fact, that was the highest ever score recoded without a 3A.:lol:

If the judges don't treat Takahashi with respect, it probably means they are finally dumping him and placing all the stakes on Hanyu. Either way, Chan could feel some pressure.

14. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

I really hope Abbott, Kozuka, and Rippon have performances they can be happy with. Good luck to all the competitors:)

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Chan didn't skate well at the Japan Open, but he was the leading male skater there. He was seventh at NHK 2006. He wasn't at the 2009 GPF

16. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

Chan's PCS at Japan Open was a lot higher than Daisuke's. Team Japan was last at Japan Open so I don't think this event being in Japan means they will win. the Japanese skaters are all so inconsistent.

17. NMURA

NMURA Member

Actutally, Japan Open is known for relatively generous marks for "guest" skaters. Gachinsky had higher PCS than Kozuka (the world silver medalist representing the "home"). Amodio's PCS was very close to Kozuka. NHK trophy is the better comparison. At least in singles, they are always pretty much determined to let Japanese skaters win.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  18. jettasian

jettasian New Member

It will be on TV?

19. ponta1

ponta1 Active Member

You seem to be so negative about Japan/Japanese skaters/Japanese audiences. Just chill, and enjoy all the skaters. Yes, Patrick is wonderful, but so are many other skaters.

20. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

This event was in Japan 3 years ago. Which team had the advantage from the judges?

21. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Keyhole TV

http://xorsyst.com/japan/watch-japanese-tv-online/

Some folks have trouble downloading and the quality can be lousy but other folks have no problems at all. I think it may depend on where you live.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  22. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member