WTT- MEN PREDICTIONS

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Apr 7, 2012.

MEN who will finish top 3/medal?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2012.
  1. Florent Amodio

8.6%
  2. Brian Joubert

34.1%
  3. Adam Rippon

1.6%
  4. Jeremy Abbott

26.5%
  5. Zhan Bush

1.6%
  6. Sergei Voronov

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Paolo Bacchini

1.1%
  8. Samuel Contesti

2.2%
  9. Patrick Chan

91.9%
  10. Kevin Reynolds

1.6%
  11. Takahiko Kozuka

25.4%
  12. Daisuke Takahashi

87.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

I voted for Abbott because he won't feel the pressure of the World Championships

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

That's what I was thinking. I believe that if Jeremy can finally skate to his full potential, he can overcome Patrick ......
    ( if Patrick assists him with a fall or 2. )

Now as for Daisuke, .... I'm not so sure.

3. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

It's a nice thought, but you have way more faith in the judging system than I do.

4. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

1.) That's a big IF

2.) Never going to happen

Jeremy is done as far as ever hoping for a World or Olympic Gold. He'll never beat Chan and not Hanyu or Takahashi if they skate well, even if he's perfect. So he has a slim chance of maybe getting a silver or bronze at Worlds/Olympics if he even makes it there, and those chances are very slim, honestly. Sadly I think Jeremy will retire having never won a World or Olympic medal...

5. jettasian

jettasian New Member

Nope, I wasn't delusional. It's more like someone's hatred has blind their judgement (not that this wasn't already evident from you).

Chan's 2011 World, SP 93, LP 188
    Chan's 2012 National, SP 101, LP 201

The difference for SP = 8 higher, LP = 13 higher at National

Chan's National LP was perfect. He had a step out of his 3A in his LP at World's. I'm taking a guess, 4 points difference there. At his National, he also changed his 4T+3T to 4T+2T, and then added a 3T combo at the 2nd half of his program, meaning he added additional bonus there (1-2 bonus?). With better CH, much improved artistry, better arm movements, stronger edges and speed, 4-6 points higher than last year is possible. So yes, if he skates as good as his Nationals, he will get the similar score else where.

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

So now Chan has much better artistry, speed, and choreography than he had last year.

Edited by Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I wouldn't say much better, but I do think he's improved his speed, that Aranjuez is a better piece of choreography than POTO and that he has stronger interpretative sense now. Is that a ridiculous point of view?

8. judgejudy27

No that is reasonable. Jettasian as always was way over the top though.

9. Madmarch

Madmarch New Member

Chan, Takahashi and Abbott, but I would love to see Kozuka rebound from his showing at worlds.

10. jettasian

jettasian New Member

Yes, Chan has improved a lot in those areas. I'm glad the judges see them.

Edited by Admin

11. jettasian

jettasian New Member

Over the top? I was pointing out your ridiculous nonsense.

12. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

Go Patrick!! :cheer2:
    Go Brian!! :cheer2:
    Go Jeremy!! :cheer2:

13. judgejudy27

Which is why his highest ever international scores were last season.

Edited by Admin

14. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

How do you know Chan wouldn't have beaten his own record in Nice had he delivered his technical content like he did in Moscow?:confused:

Oh wait, I almost forgot you are one of those who seem to know everything.
    And apparently one of those who don't believe in the force of argument but rather the force of insult.

Your thoughts of Chan in November last year.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81022

My apology for going over the top. Respectfully yours, a Chantard.

ks1227 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Jeremy began his Worlds freeskate with a powerful quad. It was like he was saying, "OK judges, wake your a&&es up!" The audience certainly responded on cue. Then the axel combo, more applause. A spin, more applause. Another jump, more applause.
    I feel that had he not made the errors, he would have had those judges and audience right in the palm of his hand. :(

16. judgejudy27

So what does my post have about him being capable of matching his Canadian Nationals scores at an international event. Oh yeah absolutely NOTHING. Thanks for wasting your time. Except you already disprove jettasian`s clueless claim I am a Chan hater who never credits him with anything, so thanks. Only an idiot or someone who doesnt follow skating (which jettasian doesnt, she only watches Chan, then turns off the TV) thinks ANY top skater will match their National scores for the same performances, especialy with how Canadian and American Nationals score their top skaters. Only a far better performance will reach the same score.

BTW Chan`s short program at Nice was closer to clean than Moscow and scored much lower. In the free skate he basically had one mistake and didnt even reach 180 (and people still think he was overscored). So yeah not reaching his Moscow scores is a pretty safe bet. Never mind the fantasy of his Canadian National scores where he was already getting 90 point short programs back when he didnt even have a quad yet and was making mistakes (and would barely break 80 at Worlds back then for something simlilar).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  17. pinky166

Even if Jeremy had skated clean, I think he would have wound up 4th. Hanyu and Takahashi were on fire and both are as strong or stronger than Abbott in PCS.

18. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Sheeesh even a Prediction Thread turns into a bickering feud about Patrick, why is that.

There are other skaters. I would like to see Jeremy and Kozuka skate their programs clean. Both are wonderful skaters that have beautiful stroking and blade work but the jumps failed them at Worlds. My dream would be to see these two skaters shine.

I learned a new word today, Chantard......:rolleyes:

19. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Before I joined this board, I had never seen "craptacular". :lol:

20. jettasian

jettasian New Member

His highest scores were from last World because he was almost perfect last World, but not this World.

Your insults don't mean a thing to me. It just proves what kind of a person you are ;)

21. jettasian

jettasian New Member

Just so you know, go to Youtube, check out Chan's SP from Moscow (which was perfect), and his SP from Nice (which was NOT perfect). Compare them and then read your own post.

Edited by Admin

22. theshrew

theshrew New Member

All your posts prove that you are the most annoying ubering twat ever.
    PLEASE STOP !
    We understand you love for Chan, it's great you appreciate so much his qualities, he deserves lots of praise but you don't have to prove your love, every single minute, with a new post on FSU or other skating boards. Get a life!

23. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

jettasian and judgejudy, take it to PM or take a vacation. ENOUGH ALREADY.

24. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

That's probably true, but there are almost certainly psychological factors at work. Jeremy was in the next to last group. I suspect that causes judges to slightly low-ball PCS in favor of the last group. Also, well landed jumps make the non-jump elements look prettier. Botched jumps make the other elements look less pretty. Is that fair? Probably not, but that's the way it is.

25. pinky166

Hanyu skated in the penultimate group as well, though.

26. judgejudy27

I disagree. If Abbott skated his very best he could have beaten Takahashi on TES when Hanyu did even with a fall in the LP, and Takahashi's PCS werent even that high at Worlds. Hanyu bombed his short program and actually is weaker than Abbott in PCS and still got the bronze.

27. query5

query5 New Member

this is how i see the mens

1-patrick
    2-daisuke
    3-brian/florent
    5-jeremy
    6-tahiko
    7-samuel
    8-kevin
    9-adam
    10-zhan/sergi
    12-paolo

28. query5

query5 New Member

for me
    mens

1-patrick
    2-daisuke
    3-brian/florent
    5-jeremy
    6-tahiko
    7-samuel
    8-kevin
    9-adam
    10-zhan/sergi
    12-paolo

29. judgejudy27

Personally think Joubert and Amodio both would have been significantly lower than even the 4th and 5th they were if Worlds werent in France. They skated very well for them, but those PCS just wouldnt be happening anywhere else.

30. pinky166

Joubert, yes, but that is the best he's skated in a LONG time so I'm not surprised his PCS were so much higher, though I agree outside France they would have been in the high 70s instead of low 80s, particularly with those programs. Flo however got PCS of 80+ for his FS at Euros which weren't in France and he didn't skate as well there either. Granted the scores at Euros were a bit inflated, but after his breakout season last season, it is realistic Flo can break 80 for his FS PCS. So they maybe each got a 2-3 extra points overall from Worlds being in France, not a huge difference. I was regarding to the FS only, saying that a clean FS from Jeremy would have been 4th behind Chan, Hanyu, and Dai. Jeremy's PCS for FS is usually around 80-81, same as Hanyu, but his jumps and spins aren't quite as good. Idk. It would have been close, but considering how well Flo and Brian skated, even if Jeremy had delivered, he might have been looking at 6th place versus 8th for underperforming IMO.