Would Love Some FSU Magic...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by michiruwater, Dec 12, 2010.

1. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

So, many people here know that I'm from the U.P. of Michigan. In the Copper Country, there is a theatre called the Calumet Theatre in Calumet, Michigan. It's an amazingly beautiful old building. I spent a lot of time there as a youth seeing and performing in plays, bands, etc. In its history it has hosted famous people such as John Philip Sousa, Sarah Bernhardt, and Lon Chaney. It needs a new roof, badly. Right now it's up for the Pepsi Refresh Everything $250K award so that it might be able to do so. I'm not sure what the plans are if it doesn't get a new roof, but Calumet is a very poor area and I would hate to see this historic old building go to the wayside like so many others in the area.

It's in 18th place right now. Voting goes until the 31st and it needs to be in 1st or 2nd place at that time. You can vote up to three times a day, once with a Facebook account, once with either a Pepsi Refresh account or Twitter account, and once by text.

Thanks everyone :)

http://www.refresheverything.com/saveabeautiful110yroldtheatre

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Done! Good luck to you and all the other charities mentioned here. :respec:

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Done! Good luck! :cheer2:

4. Erica Lee

Erica Lee New Member

5. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Me too! ;)

6. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

How do I vote by Twitter? That would be totally free, thanks! ps Yea Lions today!

7. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to vote via Twitter, actually, to be honest. I don't tweet... if anyone else can figure it out, I would love to know!

8. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

So you can just promote the site via Twitter (which I did). Voted via text just now. :)