Would Ando from 2011 Four Continents and 2011 Worlds have beaten Kim from 2010 Olympi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Andofanatic, Jan 29, 2013.

?

Would Ando from 2011 Four Continents and Worlds have beaten Kim in Vancouver Olympics

1. 2011 Four Continents yes, 2011 Worlds no

1.3%
  2. Even Ando from 2011 Worlds would have been enough

5.2%
  3. neither would have beaten Kim from Vancouver Games

93.5%
  1. Andofanatic

Andofanatic Member

Miki of 2011 Four Continents and Worlds vs Kim from 2010 Olympics. Yu Na Kim was lucky that Miki Ando was off her game at the 2010 Olympics otherwise she might not have won. Would Miki from the 2011 Four Continents which was her best event of the year have beaten Ando. If yes would she also have beaten Ando with her performances from the 2011 Worlds which werent as good as Four Continents.

2. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Whattttt??

3. Andofanatic

Andofanatic Member

How could Kim beat an in form Ando even in 2011 no longer doing a flip and triple-triples. Kim does no loop and only 6 triples so they are even there. Ando has way better jump quality and way bigger jumps and gets way huger GOE on her jumps, and her spins are better than Kim. Neither is that artistic, but Ando in 2011 was more artistic than Kim too. Kim's only edge is doing more triple-triples and difficult combinations than Kim in 2010 but still not enough.

4. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Mirai even beat Ando at the Olympics and she had no international reputation.

5. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

:rofl:
    Considering the nickname of the OP, this is clearly a joke ;)
    No one could have beaten Yu Na Kim at the Olympics, it was the best performances ever (SP + LP).

6. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

As I recall Miki had a pretty good FS at the Olympics but let's be honest...no one in the world could have beat Yu-Na that night. Yu-Na owned the Olympics in Vancouver...

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

ITA. It was one of the best LPs by a lady in the Olympics.

8. os168

os168 Active Member

If we vote yes, can you stop creating stupid polls? :yawn:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. Proustable

Proustable New Member

No, she wouldn't have.

10. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

This definitely qualifies as one of the silliest threads of the decade. Thanks for the laughs! :lol:

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  11. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Yeah, great poll. It's like a North Korean election.

12. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Um no. She probably could have beaten Mao for 2nd though, Miki at 2011 4CC was pretty :kickass:

No one would have come close to touching Yuna in Vancouver, however.

13. Andofanatic

Andofanatic Member

In my poll for whether Kim was best female skater ever 60% of people voted "no" so that proves you are wrong that was the best performances ever by a women at the 2010 Olympics.

14. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

This statement is all kinds of wrong, IMO.

1) One can say that Yuna's Olympics performances were the best ever, without necessarily saying that she was the best ever skater, or even that there is such an (incontrovertible) thing.

2) I think it is as incontrovertible as such things can be that Yuna's efforts were, indeed, and quoting your words above, "the best performances ever by a women [sic] at the 2010 Olympics".

3) My membership in this august forum notwithstanding, I hardly think that the unscientific, ad hoc polls we have here on any of these types of questions should be considered dispositive. ;)

4) My personal views? a) Her Vancouver performances were simply on a different level from any of the others at that event; 2) I believe they were the greatest Olympic skates by a lady, ever; and 3) there is no way either of those Miki Andos would have won over OGM Yuna.

(I cannot believe you made me sacrifice 5 minutes of my life writing this)

15. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Well, I enjoyed the 30 seconds or so I spent reading it.... :D

16. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

Ah, the pain that I endure for the ephemeral pleasure of fans.

But I bet you'll be crying "hype!" the moment my logical step sequences loses complexity and coherence, and my adjectives fail to get +GOEs...:p

17. whoa

whoa Member

I would love to see this logic put to use on the LSAT.

18. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

No, even though Ando was technically good in both of those performances, Kim gave a better performance and had better skating skills apart from jumps.

19. karlon

karlon New Member

never

20. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Huh :rolleyes:? "Better jump quality", "bigger jumps"? Where do you see that? Also I think that what GOE Ando got for her jumps at competitions where Kim didn't compete is absolutely irrelevant.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  21. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

No lady will ever beat Yuna Kim from olympics unless they are landing clean quads and 3-3combinations in competition

22. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

If Andofanatic is actually an Ando-hater who pretends to be an Ando fan, those wordings can be understood as as sarcasm.

23. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Wow, that's too complicated for me !

24. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I definitely would not go that far! I do think Yu-Na Kim has always been a better skater than Miki Ando. If a truly special skater like Carolina Kostner were to execute all of her planned content cleanly at the Olympics, IMO, she would far surpass Kim's 2010 performances. There are many qualities of Kostner's skating that I find to be superior over Yu-Na, and Caro's fans and the judges know this, and we all are just hoping that Carolina can realize this on 5 rings ice. Caro most definitely would not need a quad or quads to beat Yu-Na. 2 pristine clean skates from Kostner with a 3+3 combination and all the 5 triples that most women skaters do (the Lutz, flip, loop (which Yu-Na doesn't have), Salchow, and toe) could beat Kim I think.

A SP and LP layout like this could get the job done, IMO:

CK SP:
    3flip+3toe
    3loop
    2Axel

CK LP:
    3Lutz
    3flip+3toe
    3loop
    x3flip
    x3Salchow+2toe+2toe
    x2Axel+2toe
    x3Salchow

Caro may even wish to repeat the 3loop in combination instead of the 3Salchow to potentially earn extra points in the LP.

25. HVS

HVS Member

Remember how did she do in Worlds 2009 and Olympic 2010 :scream: It's even not worth to mention her in here ...

26. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

It would be intriguing to see how high a clean kostner could score. However I would bet money as good as she is, it wouldnt be close to 230 points like Kim in Vancouver. I tend to agree with the quadruple jumps comment.

27. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Ando might have won silver. She would have benefitted from Mao single toe loop like she benefitted from yuna single flip in worlds 2011.

28. judgejudy27

Ando with her 2011 Worlds performances would have finished 4th at the Games, but would have deserved 5th, only been placed 4th due to reputation and Nagasu`s lack of. Meanwhile her 4CCs performances would have also finished only 4th at the Games, probably deserving bronze, but placed 4th due to Rochette being on home ice, reigning World silver medalist, and the sentimental factor. Her short program from either event would have had her way back of those, Rochette scored as high as someone will ever score in the short with only a 3-2 combo, and the other two had much harder jumps. Even 2nd in the LP (which I dont think she would have placed anyway) wouldnt pull her any higher than 4th there.

Ando did her best performances in her post 3-3 days at the right time, at events the caliber of skating was poor enough Ando the jumping bean even without her 3-3s can factor, rather than at the Games where the caliber was so high that a skater like Ando without a 3-3 is far too weak to be any factor even with her best skating.

29. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Nah I still think 4CCs Ando would have gotten silver or bonze. She was really on at that competition and did the 2a-3t and Mao and Joannie had mistakes.

30. judgejudy27

They had mistakes, but had harder programs with more technical content, would have gotten higher PCS, and would have been well ahead (4-6 points anyway) after the SP. Asada did 3 completely clean triple axels over the 2 programs, that was incredible, and would not cause her to lose to Ando with just 2 mistakes and no falls over the 2 programs. She was way stronger than at 4CC where, and she even barely lost to Miki there. Rochette was overmarked due to the variety of factors I noted. I did note Ando from 4CCs 2011 probably should have beaten Rochette with Rochette`s couple mistakes in the LP and also not having a true triple-triple herself, but woudnt have because Rochette had too many non skating related factors going for her.