Worlds Min-score Achievers- 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by haribobo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Ivett is not age eligible for Euros and Worlds this season or the next one (Euros at Budapest) though :(.

2. ProgramerUSFS

ProgramerUSFS Member

I am not sure, but I didn't think that Asian Trophy counted toward Senior B min scores, as I don't think it is open to all ISU country skaters? Which is a req under ISU rules? Am I wrong?

3. ProgramerUSFS

ProgramerUSFS Member

Sorry, forgot to add the quote so people knew what I was talking about.

I am not sure, but I didn't think that Asian Trophy counted toward Senior B min scores, as I don't think it is open to all ISU country skaters? Which is a req under ISU rules? Am I wrong?

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Usually if there's a limitation that would affect a non-ISU international event's status for earning GP minimums, this is noted on the yearly list of international competitions (1727 for 2012-13), and there's nothing noted next to &#65279;2012 ASU Asian Figure Skating Trophy. That doesn't mean, though, that their documentation is always accurate.

Perhaps there are enough members of the Asian Skating Union to qualify as an international event counting towards the TES minimums, unlike the number of Nordic Members, for example.

5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Two Russian junior Men just met the Worlds TES minimum at NRW Trophy: Vladislav SMIRNOV and Moris KVITELASHVILI. I have no idea how old they are, and it's very unlikely, especially with PCS hovering in the 4.85-5 range that this will mean anything, but they made it.

6. martipellow2

martipellow2 New Member

Does this mean Amelie Lacoste can't compete at this year's Worlds? Or does have a chance to earn the score at Canadians or Four Continents?

7. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Only international competitions count for minimum scores, so "no" for Canadians. She has the SP, but still needs the FS score. She could earn it at 4C's or any international -- there are seven after this weekend, although Golden Spin registration is closed, then 4C's, then five concurrent with 4C's or afterwards.

I tend to doubt that Skate Canada will even consider offering her the spot if she's not National Champion. The question is, if she wins the title, which is unlikely with a healthy Osmond whose competed well this Fall, if they'd give her the spot provisionally, i.e., as long as she made the minimum, the spot would be hers, regardless of how any other Canadian woman fared there, or if they'd force her into another skate-off at 4C's.

Were Osmond assigned to the spot and Lacoste not to make the FS minimum before Worlds, they'd be substitute-less, unless another Canadian lady can make the minimums between now and then.

8. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

I've been working on maintaining a full list of those that are eligible for Worlds, 4CC, and Euros on my blog. You can see it here:

http://www.flutzingaround.com/p/isu-technical-score-minimum.html

Also, a few days ago, I put together my projected rosters for the European Championships (as well as singles for 4CC.. I'll eventually get around to the rest).

http://www.flutzingaround.com/p/isu-championship-projected-rosters_5.html

Any insight to statuses of some of the skaters or teams would be much appreciated!

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  9. martipellow2

martipellow2 New Member

Thanks for this. It would be good if they could send her to another one just in case. Osmond might get injured etc.

10. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

11. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

KIM, Jin-Seo of Korea obtained the remaining SP TES requirement at NRW trophy. He is also age eligible for the Worlds.

12. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

13. LKR

LKR Active Member

Isadora Williams (BRA) also met the LP score requirement at Golden Spin of Zagreb (49.21).

14. LKR

LKR Active Member

It also appears that Testa/Csolley (SVK) and Reed/Rogov (ISR) are now eligible for Worlds based on their TES scores at Golden Spin. Reed/Vogov had 30.34 in the SD and 41.83 in the FD, and Testa/Csolley had 31.17/40.50.

15. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

WOW! That's interesting. I always think Canada should turn out a lot more good ladies then they do. They have some great skaters in the other divisions.

16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

PRK's Ri/Thae made the Worlds TES FS minimum in the Prelims at 2012 Worlds, as did Montalbano/Krasnapolski, who've since split.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

From the ISU re. Minimum Total Technical Scores:
    Source link: http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/...3,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=1230

18. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Nikol Gosviani just scored 29.50 at Nesquik for TES in her SP, so she had made the world min there :cheer: - we shall see now how the FS goes.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Also at Nesquick, in Senior Ice Dance,

• The Reeds got their SD score; they already had the FD score from 2011 Nebelhorn.
    • Plutowska/Gerber got both scores.
    • O'Brien/Merriman got the FD score.

Both O'Brien/Merriman (AUS) and Agafonova/Ucar (TUR) missed the SD minimum by .5 :( (A/U made the FD minimum again.)

20. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Question: if only 1 lady represented a country and she placed 12th at Worlds thus qualifying 2 spots for next Worlds, what happens if no other lady from that country can make the minimum score? Does it mean that country can only send the sole score-eligible representative to Worlds and Worlds has one less competitior overall, or does it mean the lady who placed 13th last year at Worlds can now qualify 2 spots for next Worlds?

Extending this to the Olympics: if a country gains the last spot for men at the designated fall international but doesn't make the min score, but the country next in line has someone who has, does it mean that 2nd country can now send the man to Sochi? Or does it mean Sochi just has one less entry?

21. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

A single entry has to place 3-10, not 12, to qualify two spots; a single entry placing 1-2 earns three. (You may be thinking of GP, where the 11th and 12th place skaters at Worlds are guaranteed two spots for GP.)

The spots are earned by country. If the country doesn't have enough skaters with the minimum score for Worlds, they send fewer than they earned.

For the Olympics, in the past, if a country didn't the amount that they'd earned, then the next country (without any spots) from the qualifying competition was offered the spot. For example, when Gedevanishvili earned two spots, but Georgia didn't have a second Lady, the spot was offered to the next Lady at the qualifying competition (skipping any skater from a country that already owned a spot through Worlds or the qualifying competition). Sometimes countries give up spots because their local Olympic committees have stricter criteria than the ISU.

If the ISU sets minimums rather than using the current system to limit the field to Olympic sizes, then they'll have to determine the deadlines by which the skaters have to make the minimums, or they risk having fewer entries than spots. This is undocumented at this time.

22. Jebrista

Jebrista New Member

I though Kostner did not meet the technical in the long at Golden Spin.
    Can someone please clarify for me?

23. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

It's not just the current season's scores that count. The scores from last season count too. Kostner's scores when she won the World Championship are more than enough to get her into both Euros and Worlds this season.

24. Jebrista

Jebrista New Member

Thank you so much

25. LKR

LKR Active Member

Viktor Romanenkov (EST) met the remaining SP requirement today at Euros and is now eligible for Worlds.

26. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Viktor Pfeiffer just reached the Worlds TES SP minimum at Euros. He's going to have to vastly improve his FS score from Ice Challenge to make the FS score.

Viktor Romanenkov (EST) also reached the Worlds TES SP minimum in Zagreb, and he had already made the Worlds TES FS minimum at Ice Challenge. Congratulations to him!

Kim Lucine, who made the FS minimum last season, just missed the SP minimum by .09.

Lavrentieva/Rudyk made the FS minimum, but missed the SP minimum.

27. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I look forward some politicking by the all-powerful Monegasque Federation!

:bribe: :skandal :sekret:

28. danafan

Sonia Lafuente got 29.02 TES in the SP at Europeans, so she's half way there now.

29. danafan

Juulia Turkkila got 28.9 at Europeans SP.

30. LKR

LKR Active Member

Actually Lafuente is eligible for Worlds now. She already met the LP requirement at last year's Worlds.