World Ladies Medalist Poll

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Jan 30, 2011.

?

Who will medal?

1. Cynthia Phaneuf

3.9%
  2. Alissa Czisny

51.9%
  3. Rachael Flatt

1.9%
  4. Miki Ando

51.5%
  5. Mao Asada

59.2%
  6. Kanako Murakami

12.6%
  7. Yuna Kim

82.0%
  8. Carolina Kostner

9.2%
  9. Sarah Meier

0.5%
  10. Alena Leonova

1.5%
  11. Ksenia Makarova

1.0%
  12. Kiira Korpi

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Mao and Miki will battle for the Gold. Maybe Carolina or Alissa to complete the podium. The problem is that we never know with the 2 last ! lol

2. query5

query5 New Member

i hope it will be 1-yuna, 2nd mao, 3-alissa.
    4-miki, 5 -laura-kiira, 6-kanako, 7-rachel, 8-alena, ksenia, 9-cynthia
    that is my hope
    my dream is this 1-alissa, 2-yuna-3-mao 4th rachel, 5-kiira-laura, 6-miki, 7th-ksenia, alena, kanako, cynthia.

3. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Yu-Na, Kanako, Mao...in that order.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  4. icellist

icellist Member

is it bad that i'm hoping on mirai getting gold at 4CC and usfsa reconsider flatt's world's slot? i can't see flatt placing any high than 6th IMO

5. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I would love to see Alissa medal, a win would be :swoon: I love the skater she has become this year, and if she medals at Worlds it'll be the best season a US skater has had since probably Kwan! :cheer2:

Mirai winning 4CC is another :cheer2:!

6. kia_4EverOnIce

kia_4EverOnIce New Member

Miki and Yuna. For the third spot I voted Kostner, though could be also Czisny or Asada..

7. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

My only concern is which one of the european lady (Kostner or Korppi) will have Lepisto moment? Land a 3toe+3toe, another triple and double/pop all the jumps and held up by PCS.

8. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

At least Kostner got her 3F back, maybe she will get 3Lz as well... She've never been consistent but she has the best basics and skating skills.
    But I guess this time we will see two Japanese ladies on podium (Mao and Miki I think) and Yuna. European ladies skated poorly last week and I don't expect them to do well. Meier, Makarova and Leonova were the ones who at least landed most of their jumps. Alissa has a good chance for the medal, but I'm not so sure about her, she bombed badly too many times in the past.
    Sad we won't see Mirai :( She is so much better than Flatt

9. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Happened to Korpi at Euros. Such an amazing SP and then blew it in the FS, luckily everyone else did too so she was able to hold onto bronze deservedly, but still, she had SUCH a good chance to be European champ this seasons.

10. Tanja90

Tanja90 New Member

I hope NOT!!! I was in Torino last year and Laura's medal was a complete joke to Miki, Cynthia and Carolina who all have skated way better than her with actual triples and more quality (well, at least Carolina and Miki) in their program.

It's hard to guess who is on the podium.
    If Asada has her jumps back she is the top contender.
    Miki too...she's had the strongest long this season but as much as I like her her perfect long is more uninspiring than a perfect long from kostner, cyziny (sorry for the spelling) and asada.
    I'm completely in love with Alyssa's program this year! (especially the long)..I f she skates well she'll be a top contender!
    Carolina's programs this year are my favourites! Seeing both of them live and they both are pieces of art IMO. If she skates them well she has chances of a podium. We never know with her but hearing from her europeans training she is at the top of the form with the flip back and everything else. But competition is different from trainings.
    Ice, as you know, is slippery and not only for her.
    Don't know what to think about yuna...what I'm sure is that she can come up on the ice doing crossovers and this will be enough to give her enormous score...She'll be a contender anyhow!

My dream podium is: Kostner, Alyssa and Asada in any order (better this one:rofl:)

What I hope: that who goes on the podium deserves it and that everyone does her best and give us some excitement to end beautifuly this season!
    Good luck to all!

11. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how long Alissa can keep this momemtum going... But please Alissa, don't bomb at Worlds!

Anywho, Miki, Mao, and Yuna are definite contenders (well, if Yuna is in form and Mao has improved further). Alissa and Carolina are contenders as well IF they can skate the way they can, but head cases are always head cases. Kanako won't be on the podium unless the aforementioned skaters bomb. Besides her long program is :bleh.

12. namie89

namie89 New Member

miki ando and Mao

13. namie89

namie89 New Member

Miki Ando or Mao Asada I feel .....

14. namie89

namie89 New Member

miki will win

15. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I would be shocked if the medalists were not 3 of Yu-Na, Miki, Alissa, Mao, Carolina, and Kanako.

16. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

i was gonna say miki, yuna, and carolina, but after the men's results today i'm gonna go out on a whim and say yuna, kanako, and rachael.

17. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

I hope Miki Ando wins and Caro gets a medal.

18. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Your wish has been granted! :D