World Juniors on CBC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by AJ Skatefan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Pairs and Dance from World Juniors was on CBC today. Tomorrow they'll show Men and Ladies.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Just curious - how many/which free skates of the pair and dance teams were shown today?

Here's the link for the schedule: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

CBC main network:
    Sat Mar 3 3:00 PM World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs
    Sun Mar 4 2:00 PM World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    Mon Mar 5 12:30 AM CBC Sports Late Night: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - encore

CBC BOLD:
    Thu Mar 8 12:00 AM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs

cbcsports.ca [apparently not geoblocked :)]
    Sat Mar 3 3:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs
    Link to broadcast: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/video/#id=2205251154

Sun Mar 4 1:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    Fri Mar 9 12:00 AM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs

3. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I think they showed the top 4 dancers and the top 5 pairs. They also had a longish feature on why Canada hardly ever has top women competitors. It was a nice show, considering that I wasn't expecting any coverage at all this year. I was also impressed at the quality of the skating.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

5. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oh, I love those types of fluff pieces. I could just listen to Tracy and PJ go on and on about the state of ladies skating. I know I will rewatch that fluff piece over any of the performances today.

6. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

What are their thoughts on why Canada so rarely has top ladies?

7. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Oh me too! So much more interesting than seeing the full performances of our potential future stars like Bell/Sylvester and Bobak/Beharry. And I definitely didn’t care about seeing Poulin/Servant at all…..

8. shine

shine Well-Known Member

That was very lousy of CBC.ca. It's only 10:42, why are they showing Jason Brown already? We only managed to see 3 of the men in the final flight????

9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Is there any way to find out whether the World Jr Men & Ladies program will ever "Become Available", given that the Pairs/Dance show is available?

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Good question! I'd like to know as well. Is there a contact page on the CBC site we can use?

11. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

They have a "Contact Us" page

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

I tried emailing them, and this is what you get:

Whoopie :(