WNBA playoffs- a bit late

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Vash01, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I don't see the annual WNBA thread here (may be it's hidden somewhere), so I decided to start one about the playoffs, although the first round is almost over. So it's a bit late, but still there is plenty of basketball to be played.

Sorry Seattle Storm fans, the Mercury pulled off an upset last night. Sounds like a very exciting- nail biter- game. It was not on TV or radio or anywhere else. I had to wait for the morning paper to find out. I wish these ladies would get more respect from our media. I did see a part of the San Antonio-Minnesota game (3rd game tonight) on TV, but not for very long. I was interested in the Mercury-Storm game but it was nowhere to be found.

Anyone else watching?

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Not anymore.

Go Minnesota!

3. Vash01

It's the Lynx vs. the Mercury in the western conference finals.

Go Mercury! It will be tough to beat the Lynx, a team with superstars. We only have one - Diana Taurasi.

4. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Finally, a sports team from Minnesota that actually wins things! :D (Vikings, Twins, T-wolves, Wild: take note).

Go Lynx!

5. Vash01

The Lynx absolutely destroyed the Mercury tonight. I hope the Mercs can bounce back Sunday at home, but will that be enough? Lynx has too much firepower.

6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

you've also got Penny Taylor, who did more than her share in Round 1.

7. Vash01

I am wondering if the Mercury players may be getting a bit old? Taurasi, Taylor, Dupree are all great players (All stars) but may be they can't keep up with the young guns like Moore? I did not get to watch the game so I don't know what the problem was. It's unusual for the Mercs to score below 70 points.

Dewanna Bonner won the sixth player of the year award again. May be she had a bad day? In any case they need to wake up quickly or their season is over this Sunday.

8. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I was at that last Mercury vs. Storm game and Diana Taurasi's behavior was horrible. Her tirade of bad language and tantruming was completely over the top. I hope Minnesota cleans their clock. BTW, that game was shown on WNBA.com and on NBA tv. Vash, if you go to WNBA.com all the games are shown live. I'm happy that Minnesota has finally started doing so well. Since they've never gotten this far before, I'm rooting for them. And they have some players I really like - Maya Moore, Candice Wiggins, Simeone Augustus to name three....

9. Vash01

OK, I will try WNBA.com

10. Vash01

The Mercury was eliminated this afternoon. I watched only the first quarter of the game, and they were playing well at that time.

Now I am not sure who I want to root for- probably nobody.

11. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

It was a well played Mercury vs. Lynx game! Quite enjoyable to watch. The Mercury hung in there until the fourth quarter. The Lynx are just too good this year. I think they'll win the whole thing. That's who I'm rooting for, if not them, then Indiana.