With Glowing Hearts Vancouver 2010 Official Commerative Book

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by kylet3, Jun 20, 2010.

1. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone who ordered it has actually received it? It looks like it hit book stores at the beginning of this month, I got an email late May saying it would be shipping early June but as of yet I've received zilch, nadda, squat. If I'd have known that I'd have just gone into the book store and picked one up myself. Of course this is VANOC we are talking about... :duh::angryfire:mad::scream::rolleyes:

It looks like quite the item, and maybe I'm just being impatient but I should have received it by now non?

Thanks,

Kyle

2. Erica Lee

Erica Lee New Member

I received mine and I know others who have received theirs as well.

3. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

We called last week and they said June. That is it. June.

Haven't received it yet.

And yes, didn't know at the time of ordering we could walk into Indigo and buy it before receiving it in the mail. Not impressed.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Every time I see this thread title, I get "O Holy Night" in my head. :D I didn't realize until I looked it up that the phrase is also in "O Canada."

5. quartz

quartz I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me

I work in a bookstore - we had it the first week of June - not sure exact date as I was on holidays when it arrived -it's pricey ($85) - but really really nice - tons of awesome photography, although as a skating fan felt it should have had a little more on that sport. I splurged on it, but then I have the benefit of a very nice employee discount, plus an another reward coupon I had saved knowing it was coming. It is 400 pages, includes the paralympics, and is bilingual as well.

6. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I went with buying it from amazon. Flipped through it in the store though, it is gorgeous, and as a volunteer my name is there in teeny font. :D My other items in my order were 'available in 2 weeks' so if they decide to ship everything together I'll have to wait into July anyways.

If you looking to buy in store, see if you can track down the 25% or 20% off coupon that Chapters/Indigo put out earlier this month in the newspaper - they expire at the end of the June.

7. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I got mine through amazon. I like the book a lot. It is certainly Canadian-centric, but I was surprised there was no special feature on Christine Nesbitt. Every other Canadian gold medalist got their two-page spread. She didn't even get one page! Christine seems to always be the forgotten Canadian gold medalist.

There's a great photo of Tessa and Scott reacting to their FD scores, as well as the one where Scott is hugging his brother. I am also a sucker for any shots of Vancouver crowds just partying it up.