With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Yes, Savchenko/Szolkowy's and Steuer's luggage was lost on the way back from Paris Sunday evening. Their flight to Frankfurt was cancelled and they were sent to Munich instead. In Munich they waited for hours, but there was no connection and then it was too late (Dresden airport closed for the night), so they took a rental car and drove back to Chemnitz. They arrived at 6 am Monday. There was chaos at the airport in Munich and therefore no luggage. The airline apparently doesn't know where the luggage is.
    Robin is currently using some old skates, Aljona has tried different skates, even from another skater, but they can't really train or prepare. Ingo said that both are in pain from using the other skates. This is terrible.

2. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info :)

I hope it works out for them, it would be awful if they missed it for something totally out of their control. :(

3. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Somewhere out there, a German baggage handler is having the time of his/her life wearing a tight pink catsuit every day. :D

But seriously that is so aggravating. I just don't understand how luggage can just be "lost" for more than a day. Isn't everything scanned in at every point? Seriously pathetic.

Thanks for the summary, Eislauffan.

4. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

Skaters should be allowed to carry their skates on board a plane.
    Any argument that it could be used as a weapon is utterly ridiculous. :wall: :duh:

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Which says a lot about the season, given S/S are not exactly in top form. :/

This is terrible and so annoying. :mad:

Thank you for the update.

Well they could be used as a weapon. They are very sharp and you could slit somebody's throat with them easily.

Although yeah one person with a skate would not exactly have much of a chance of overpowering and killing an aircraft full of people. ;)

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

7. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

Looks like Aljona & Robin finally got their bags back. At least thats whats been posted in the German Skating Forum.

I hope next time they take all the important stuff in their carry on!

8. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Huh. Glad they got them back!
    Too bad about the extra stress...

9. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

I also just heard that the luggage finally arrived today.

Due to airline safety regulations skaters in general are not allowed to put their skates in their carry on. I bet they would put "all important stuff" in their carry on if they were allowed.

10. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Would it be feasible to take the blades off the boots and at least take the boots in the carry on?

Would that help at all?

11. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

no because the way they are mounted is super important and just the slightest difference can change everything, there are skates that let you take off just the blades but I've only seen them for dance and a friend who tried them didn't really like them

12. LLOS

LLOS New Member

What ice.dance.girl said is true, blade and boot is a unity, to seperate them, means that they are "broke" and you need some time to get used to if a blade has a slightly changed position. AND the sole of the boot wouldn't take it if you take off and on often...maybe just once...or not at all not sure...

I'm glad they have their skates back!

Somehow a funny thought though, a terrorist takes a skate to get a plane under his control :lol:

13. DORISPULASKI

Thanks for the answer. I suspected it was like that.

As to the terrorist stealing a skate blade to take over a plane, sounds like a chapter in one of the fan skate novels :)

14. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

Today will be a short report on S/S in "Sport im Osten" on MDR
    http://www.mdr.de/sport/sport-im-osten/themenvorschau/3222195.html

It says the show will be from 16:30 till 18:00 and S/S are at the bottom of the list. Does anyone of the other Germans here know if they'll also broadcast it in that order? Because i can't be at home for the whole time

15. sandra_persch

Gierok / Just just scored 132.27 points at NRW Trophy while Vartmann / van Cleave scored 116.48 points.

I'd say Gierok / Just have slight advantage going into Nationals, but I guess we will know in January which Team gets the 3rd Euros Tickets or if only Savchenko / Szolkowy and Hausch / Wende get to go.

16. DORISPULASKI

BTW, what are predictions for German ice dancers at their Nationals?

17. grandma

grandma Active Member

IMO we have to wait and see how the teams from Dortmund score next week in Zagreb.
    DEU is very restrictive with sending anybody to JW, EC and WC. If they think they are not good enough they rather leave the position vacated.:(

18. grandma

grandma Active Member

Seniors:
    1. Zinganshina / Gaszi
    2. Frohberg / Giesen

Juniors:
    1. Haslinger / Finke
    2. Koch / Nüchtern
    3. Dieck / Zenkner
    4. Vogel / Preiss
    5. Häuser/ Lerche
    6. Schiffner/ Salatzki
    7. Müller /Gierke

19. DORISPULASKI

Thank you.

I am hoping we'll see Z&G at Europeans and Worlds!

20. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

So Beier/Beier have definitely retired this time?

21. grandma

grandma Active Member

yes they have definately retired

22. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

what´s with the hermanns? they sit out the whole season after their strange decisions or will they start at Nationals? Would make no sense in haven obviously no chance against Z/G.

23. sandra_persch

Caroline had knee surgery and Daniel groin surgery. So I guess we won't be seeing them at all this season :(

24. sandra_persch

I think Daddy Dieck might try to get 2 und 3 reversed and the German judges often place 4 ahead of 5 ... but I think you got the Junior Teams in the correct order!

For Seniors 1 is out of question but 2 and 3 is between Frohberg / Giesen and Kolbe / Caruso and I have know idea how the judges will call this one.

25. LLOS

LLOS New Member

With Mari, it is the old problem like with her former Partner Florian, she is doing well in practice but in competition she crashes, her partner is doing well-ok. BUT Gierok/Just are very stable, they can bring their practice results in competition. So, it might be not as open as it seems...just what I observed...

With Hermanns, it's their worst season with health problems but they will be back next season for sure!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  26. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I'm surprised because it looked completely opposite at Warsaw Cup.

Hopefully both teams keep developing.

And DEU better not leave the 3rd spot empty. :mad:

27. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I wish there were a tag that could be given to skaters for their skates so that they could gate check them. It would be much better, don't you think?

28. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  29. sandra_persch

30. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Dytrt is still on the entires, nice to hear. i will be very excited if she appears and how she skates.

good for frohberg/gießen that there´s no junior team competing on senior level, otherwise they could be thrown off the podium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.