With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marsden

marsden New Member

Read somewhere that Gierok / Just aren`t going to skate in Dortmund...
    I don`t know where they are going to skate, internationally before the nationals....

2. LLOS

LLOS New Member

Well, as for someone never done pairs before it is a good start, but I can't say how fast a skater must learn pairs elements. AND you forgot her injury that took her out for at least 6-8 weeks.

Do you know him personally to know what his attitude is to still do pairs skating? If not you shouldn't say things that are wrong.

3. grandma

grandma Active Member

Well LLOS just have a loook at Gerboldt/ Enbert from RUS or Marley/ Brubaker...all girls who started to skate in Summer and then compare.... even if she was out for injury.
    Maybe they should consider moving to Oberstdorf or Chemnitz,maybe they would have greater chances of succeeding with coaches who have a different attitude towards work.

4. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i totally agree, injury or no injury, the girl (gierok) was a single skate before. i would not lament on the pairs element but even her side by side jumps aren´t consistent, she landed just double jumps.
    sorry, but that´s not more than junior level and even there, not the best.

as i saw one of the first training videos of vartmann/van cleave, i thought, he might be the right match for her. the throws looked amazing and now, evene double throws and the old problem with her side by side jumps.

i think, the german fedaration should concentrate on s/s and a well improving hausch/wende and despite these pairs, should encourage the younger teams.

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I ask once again - maybe someone knows more now! :) Are there any news about Pylkina/Liebers?
    Was it just a try out or are they still training together?

6. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

I hear Wenzig / Landgraf are doing really well and will be age eligible to skate juniors starting next season ... guess Monika Scheibe still is on top of her game :D

7. Jeschke

i read that too.
    matti looks nice, has good skills, thiscould be a good match

8. sandra_persch

9. grandma

grandma Active Member

Wenzig / Landgraf could be promising, but then they too only skated a program in Berlin with novice quality. No DA no triple throws. Programs always look nice if they are skated clean, but internationally they have to show more.

10. grandma

grandma Active Member

I haven`t heard anything unfortunately.... but then it is always difficult to find somebody .....:(

11. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Any news on how Sarah Hecken's injury is healing? I've missed seeing her on the GP!

12. RUKen

RUKen Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
  13. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

Could you please elaborate.... Who is their coach and what is wrong with his attitude?

14. grandma

grandma Active Member

Their coach is Knut Schubert, and they just don`t train enough. Only partial run throughs, they do their elements and then training is over. You can`t compare with the routines Fajfer or Steuer ie have with their pairs. Wende is the best example he would be out, if he had remained with Schubert. If you speak with insiders everybody will agree to the fact that Schubert has had not had success in many years and this is not due to the fact, that the athletes are no good.
    he has had good material to work with , but since Schwarz / Müller hasn`t really had any success any more.

15. marsden

marsden New Member

16. Jeschke

wow, thanks for the link.
    to be honest, i like the program, nice choice of music. unfortunately their competition result shows a total different pair and elements, obviously they are far away of any consistency.

17. Gollywog

Gollywog New Member

Aaron was ill during the competition in Berlin.

18. marsden

marsden New Member

Mari and Aaron are going to Warsaw this weekend, I believe the competition will be better than Berlin

19. grandma

grandma Active Member

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I've only seen the SPs in Warsaw but at this stage Vartmann/Van Cleeve seem much further ahead than Gierok/Just.

Van Cleeve indeed seemed to have gone a bit too crazy for German beer since he moved there ;) and he looks a little out of shape but all their elements are working very well.

In the SP she landed a solid 3toe and a very solid throw 3salchow. He fell on the 3toe but fully rotated it. Non-jump elements were ok.

Gierok/Just seemed to have been struggling with their elements. They are slowly getting there but it all still looks like it's very difficult for them.

21. Jeschke

so, anette dytrt is out of the nrw-trophy and not in the entries of the golden spin in zagrebd.
    is there any chance now for her to qualifiy or does anyone has news about her?

22. Fata

Fata New Member

In the way I understand the rules there's no possibility for her to qualify. She has to skate two ISU and German nationals for a chance to qualify for Europeans. Well...no surprise for me that she's not competing...maybe all her "I want to compete" was just a joke...:shuffle:

23. sandra_persch

She's got a back injury

24. Jeschke

ah, thanks sandra. serious injury? do we see her at nationals?
    that´s not good, i want to see her skate again.
    hm,now, her only chance is, to win nationals, hecken is sent to europeans (because of the rules), heckens fails totally at europeans and then dytrt is sent to worlds.
    is this going to happen?
    never :(

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Bleh, poor Anette. I'd much rather watch her pretty and graceful skating. Hecken has clearly been working on her presentation but her basics are still rather subpar.

26. sandra_persch

I hear she got lumbago. With a bit of luck she hasn't missed to much training time and will be at Nationals.

Considering the qualification criteria there are still some other ladies in the running for the spot at Euros but they have to beat Sarahs combined score from the ISU event and Nationals. I have a feeling that only Constanze Paulinus could do that if she skates well at NRW Trophy this weekend, Golden Spin of Zagreb and Nationals. Though Katharina Haecker is currently scheduled to skate at Golden Spin as welll. I'm also curious how Isabal Drecher will skate at NRW Trophy this weekend after switching back to her old coach. Its only her second ISU Senior competition of the season.

The German lady qualifying for the Final at Euros get the spot for Worlds otherwise there might be a skate off.

27. Jeschke

thanks for the news, lumbago sounds not too serious, hope she´s getting well again.
    yes, i know that there are other ladies in the competetion, but i don´t see andy of them getting 130points or more in an international competition. and at nationals the judges would do erveything to send hecken to the euros. she is the only one to fight seriously for a second place for next year, the others would have to fight to reach the final.
    i don´t like paulinus skating, katharina häcker looks nice on ice, but low jumps. i would prefer isabel drescher, i like her style, but she was very instable at the jgp (don´t know she switched coaches again). i also liked sandy hoffmann, but she´s injred all the time.

28. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

I think it will be almost impossible for other German skaters to beat Sarah. I was impressed by her at TEB, her 3-3 combo was good in both programs and the lutz in the free. She said she focused a lot on those jumps as she fell on them in Graz, which might explain her new problems with the salchow. For having been missing quite a lot of training in summer (foot injury) and september (back pain) and being not happy with the training situation (other rink, less ice time for everybody) she is doing well - and she can now skate again in the usual rink. I like her short program, it suits her. But of course I also look forward to NRW trophy to see how the other girls will do.

29. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

30. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

nooo! I hope this is not true. So far, they've been head and shoulders above everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.