With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceDanceFan1

IceDanceFan1 New Member

Here is an interview with Stefano Caruso courtesy of FigureSkating-Online.com
    http://www.figureskating-online.com/stefano-caruso.html
    (May need to use Google Translate)
    The site also features interviews from some of the skaters at the recent Bavarian Open, including Penny Coomes/Nick Buckland (who talk about their European championships results and training with Evgeny) and Isabella Tobias/Deividas Stagniunas (who talk about citizenship and injuries) - worth checking out!

2. care bear

care bear Active Member

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Annabelle Prölss/Ruben Blommaert interview in German following their 7th place finish at 2013 Junior Worlds (includes English translation): http://www.figureskating-online.com/proelss-blommaert.html
    Excerpt:
    Both just had birthdays in March - she turned 14 and he 21 - link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013958.htm

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Does anyone have word of what Savchenko/ Szolkowy might be working on for their new programs? I was wondering after reading the IN article on Denney/ Frazier which mentioned S/S and S were in Florida recently:

I hope Aliona, Robin and Ingo have chosen more fitting and exciting music that yet still provides challenges while packing a better competitive and audience-pleasing punch.

Looking back at a classic S/S performance ... Wow, S/S and S don't get enough credit, recognition and respect for their tremendous contributions to pairs figure skating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXG19Nhttmk

5. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

It's actually exactly 10 years now since Aljona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy teamed up and train under Ingo Steuer. It is amazing what they have achieved, including four World titles and eight consecutive medals at Worlds. Plus they've created some outstanding programs. There is a video celebration of their career: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=622853117743225&set=vb.170719959698522&type=2&theater

Can't wait to see them again and to find out what programs they created for the Olympic season. :)

6. Eislauffan

7. aftershocks

^^ Thanks so much, Eislauffan. And thanks for the tribute thread you started in Trash Can. :)

I can't express how much I have enjoyed watching Aliona, Robin and Ingo create magical and memorable moments. What a remarkable and legendary team!

8. aftershocks

Double post

9. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

10. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

some news of hausch/wende published on their homepage.

http://www.hausch-wende.de/

they are sorry, that we haven't heard of them for a while. they mention the last season as the toughest of their skating career. the death of a beloved person and daniels problem with his spinal disc were tremendous problems of them in the 2012/2013 season.
    but out of this they want to emerge and are encouraged for the upcoming olympics season.

they have left for detroit may 14th to work on their choreos with krylova/carmalengo.

they are thanking their families, the german skating union and the german army for their support during this past season and can't wait to skate in front of the audience again.

---

all the best to them. this could be a tough fight for the 2nd olympics spot (assuming vancleave gets his passport; if not, the fight is over before it has begun).
    i like to see the fights in the german teams for the olympic spots.

only one secured seemes to be s/s and liebers. weinzierl and hecken will have a tough fight, and in ice dance we have z/g, kolbe/caruso and promising koch/nüchtern moving to seniors.

11. Jeschke

two german junior skaters have retired.

matti landgraf (pairs) and alexander schoepke (men).

statement of schoepke:
    https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderSchopke

in short: finished schools, life has to go on, decision against sport and for studying., thanks to everyone involved in his 14years of skating.

matti landgraf:
    statement was really short:

stopped competitive skating. maybe it's for a while, maybe it's forever...
    just wanna say thank u for this amazing journey!
    figure skating...still my big love

---
    especially for landgraf i am really sad, he seems to be very promising, hoped his new partnership would work out :(
    unfortunately now he is part of an ice show on a cruise ship,

btw. any words on status of katharina gierok and julia pfrengle?

12. care bear

care bear Active Member

According to last "Pirouette" Julia is healthy and trains regulary.

13. Jeschke

thanks for the news. she was so promising back then at junior worlds

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I have an unconfirmed source that tells me that Aliona and Robin will be at CoR and CoC this fall.
    Apparently all the skaters know already, and I know someone who knows Aliona.

Also posted in the GP speculations thread

15. Eislauffan

New interview on figureskating-online.com with pair skaters Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende, who sat out the past season mostly beause of injury. They talk about coming back and they are getting married this Thursday (June 6)!
    The interview is available in German and English:
    http://www.figureskating-online.com/hausch-wende.html

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  16. sandra_persch

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

^^^ Congrats to the happy couple! :) I've cross-posted the photo link in the "Royal figure skating weddings" thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...g-weddings-)&p=3941289&viewfull=1#post3941289

Grand Prix assignments as of June 3, 2013:

Savchenko/Szolkowy - Cup of China & Rostelecom Cup
    Zhiganshina/Gazsi - Skate Canada & TEB
    Peter Liebers - Cup of China & Rostelecom Cup
    Vartmann/Van Cleave - Skate Canada (GP debut)
    Kolbe/Caruso - NHK (GP debut)

C Team member Jennifer Parker competed her SP at Scarboro Skate in Canada back in late April - her protocol: http://sfsc.on.ca/ScarboroSkate/2013/swsde.pdf

Parker is scheduled to compete in the Boston Open this weekend and reportedly there will be a free, live stream (unfortunately it probably won't be archived). Senior Ladies SP is Friday evening June 22 (Eastern time) and FS is Saturday evening. A Boston Open competition thread will likely be started in the Kiss and Cry forum this week with more info.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  18. Eislauffan

Former German pair skater Margaret Göbel (74) died after long illness. She competed with Franz Ningel in the 60s and was a European and World medalist with him.
    http://www.eissport-magazin.de/

19. Eislauffan

20. Jeschke

thanks for the videos.

prölß/blommaert are just cute and so humble :D
    wish them the best for the next season.

for nelli&alex it is ensured, that all my fingers and toes are crossed for them :D

21. Eislauffan

22. sandra_persch

23. Jeschke

oh my, zhiganshina/gaszi's combining short dance and free dance in a story :D

not to happy with their using parts of Gorillaz I'm happy for their Free Dance. But let's wait and see. They were always original and outstanding and i hope they can deliver such a great season like the last has ended!

24. sandra_persch

Summer Cup SD Result

03. Geiler / Miersch - 38.08 (Had to skate first today)
    05. Clarke / Dieck - 35.33 (Had to skate second today)
    10. Steffan / Steffan - 31.90

Hope they'll have a great FD tomorrow and the German Fed will consider them for at least 1 JGP each!

25. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

Why are you not happy with that music? I think Gorillaz is an excellent choice, it will set them apart from all the conventional, overused classical/musical/soundtrack choices.

I am a bit sad though that they won't go to Nebelhorn.

26. Jeschke

can't see gorillaz fitting in an a skating program, even if it will be outstanding and not the conventional way. i always liked their ideas, so i try my best to let them surprise me and maybe i will like the concept.

yes, sad for the german audience, but so let the battle between kolbe/caruso and koch/nüchtern for the second spot begin.

27. Eislauffan

I watched the practising the short and free dances when I was in Oberstdorf earlier this month. I thought the Gorillaz' piece at the end is a peppy, upbeat ending of the program.

28. Jeschke

great to hear, thanks.

i will be excited.

29. Eislauffan

New article on Savchenko/Szolkowy: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130802&content_id=55638190&vkey=ice_news

Their SP music has been especially composed for them by André Rieu and they worked for the first time with David Wilson in Toronto. Ingo inlcuded an outside choreographer for the first time and is pleased with the work that has been done.
    It sounds really exciting, can't wait to see this program!
    The long program will be revealed at the end of August.

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Thanks, Eislauffan, very interesting article. Great that savchenko and Szolkowy will be using original music in SP! To put throw 3a in both programs in risky but I am sure they know what they are doing.
    Interesting also that Steuer speaks so openly about the rivalry between them and Volosozhar/Trankov. I hope that the pairs will be an epic battle with great programs skated clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.